Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>So Why did you join the Asylum?
icehog3 08:18 PM 11-29-2008
For whatever their individual reasons were, people were leaving CS and heading to other boards or starting new boards. I feared that some friends would be lost, and hoped for a place where all those friends would want to be.

And then 10 great friends allowed me to join them on this excellent adventure...and within a few days, another 1200+ great friends joined us too. :-)

"Is this Heaven?"

"No, it's Cigar Asylum".

...apologies to Kevin Costner. :-)
[Reply]
BirdDok 08:24 PM 11-29-2008
Most of the BOTLs that I had interacted with on CS left and came here. I got an invite to come over......SO.... here I am. :-)
[Reply]
Good_Stogies_Mon 09:14 PM 11-29-2008
You guys tried your best to lose me but I found you anyway....:-)
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 09:15 PM 11-29-2008
I came seeking asylum...

As corny as that sounds, it became uncomfortable at the other place. I still check in from time to time but I feel the "knowledge" is here.

I am passionate about what I do and between the 11, the 12th and an occasional thread about cake - I fit in here honestly.

I really hope to hit the Shack Herf or Ybor in '09 - it would be great to shake some hands...
[Reply]
Bruzee 09:47 PM 11-29-2008
I became attatched to what CS had become to me, and when it crumbled around me, I just wanted to find that Place again. And, I think this is that Place....
[Reply]
Bobb 01:32 AM 11-30-2008
I joined to keep in contact with some amazing people who have touched my life in one way or another. By sending friendly hellos, helping me with auto advice, or simply goofing around...these people are great friends and I would hate to lose them.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:49 AM 11-30-2008
Originally Posted by Mr Edmundo:
Why did you join CA?
Because of all the negativity on CS after the sale, the new plans of Jon Caputo, the new name, the new logo, the new moderating rules.

Originally Posted by :
How many other cigar related forums do you belong and actively post to?
3 others, all Dutch. 1 I own (with SmokeyNL), and 2 others just to keep an eye on the competition.
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 09:59 AM 11-30-2008
Originally Posted by brigey57:
Well, this beautiful woman shows up at my door one evening and tenderly asked me to check it out. So who do you listen to? :-)

Glad to see my girlfriend made it over to extend the invite, Brian! :-)

Jason
[Reply]
Whee 06:32 PM 11-30-2008
The jackets are better here.:-)

And everyone who I look up to, respect, crack jokes about, get cuffed on the back of the head by all chose to make this their home base, so I did too.
[Reply]
Cigar Caddy 06:38 PM 11-30-2008
Because Fred (macms) told me to and I never argue with my elders!
[Reply]
houdini 06:39 PM 11-30-2008
Mr. Maduro made me. :-)
[Reply]
SmokinAFuente 06:51 PM 11-30-2008
CA is Cigar Asylum???? :-) I thought this was Cigar Aficionado. :-) OH well since I'm here I might as well stay. :-)

Seriously though, with the caliber of people that started this place, how could I not join. Thanks guys!
[Reply]
ripper 07:03 PM 11-30-2008
Av8tor152d and tedrodgerscpa water-boarded me and would let me up for air only if I migrated from CS.
So here I am - eternally grateful.
[Reply]
hotreds 07:11 PM 11-30-2008
Originally Posted by ripper:
Av8tor152d and tedrodgerscpa water-boarded me and would let me up for air only if I migrated from CS.
And they say waterboarding don't work!
[Reply]
poker 07:53 PM 11-30-2008
Originally Posted by SmokinAFuente:
CA is Cigar Asylum???? :-) I thought this was Cigar Aficionado. :-) OH well since I'm here I might as well stay. :-)

Seriously though, with the caliber of people that started this place, how could I not join. Thanks guys!
Nope. cA is cigar Aficionado :-)
[Reply]
Sacmore21 08:02 PM 11-30-2008
Originally Posted by Good_Stogies_Mon:
You guys tried your best to lose me but I found you anyway....:-)
And I didn't want to feel left out :-)
[Reply]
av8tor152d 08:06 PM 11-30-2008
Originally Posted by ripper:
I deny any such involvement...
[Reply]
WyGuy 08:39 PM 11-30-2008
I joined here because I was becoming more and more obsessed with cigars, and needed a place where I could learn more! I was never a member at any other cigar forums and decided it was time I joined one, and with a little research I found the Cigar Asylum!
[Reply]
Kwilkinson 08:51 PM 11-30-2008
I joined here bc Al told me about the place. I hadn't been on CS much and didn't realize the things that were going on. I joined here b/c there was a core group of people on the other site that I really enjoyed being friends with and being a part of a community with them. When they all came here, I came here. Like they say, come for the cigars, stay for the friends.
[Reply]
alley00p 09:20 PM 11-30-2008
I received an invite from Fulltime, my friend who works at my favorite B&M, so here I am! :-) I was glad to see so many names of friends from CS already here, so now this is sorta home base for me.

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
Up