Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>The Chat Room
JE3146 12:26 PM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by pnoon:
True. But by the same token, his current name isn't far off either. And just maybe you chat pranksters came up with the "Sir". when it comes to changing a user name, I'll wait for the request from the person wanting the change.

Would you trust your chat mates to ask me to make a name change for you? :-) I didn't think so. :-)
Oh please, can we ::-) :-)
[Reply]
mikeandshellie2 12:26 PM 12-11-2008
Just wanted to drop in and say, HI!!:-)
[Reply]
mikeandshellie2 12:29 PM 12-11-2008
New name for Don..hmm... let me think...

Guitarplayingcatwatcher
[Reply]
ahc4353 12:33 PM 12-11-2008
I want mine changed to, HISEMINENCELORDANDMASTEROFMONDAYS.

:-)
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 12:33 PM 12-11-2008
Well Said, hopefully one day i'll upgrade from the noob group :-)
[Reply]
Volt 01:07 PM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
CA Chat Room is an awesome place. Kinda reminds me of my home town bar.

You have the regulars smokeyNL, Don Fernando, VOLT, wayner123, loki, tobii, skills, awsmith, je3146, RailRunner, prefy, kidrock, shaggy, dragonman, emjaysmash etc etc.. The are the ones that keep the thing alive and make you feel welcome when you walk in. Sometimes you actually feel they are happy to see you. (I said sometimes)

Then you have the out of towners or just moved in to town = NOOBS. Kind of keep to themselves, don't say much as they try and figure out the regulars.

We have the local police (68TriShield - pnoon) stop by now and then to make sure everyone is playing nice.

Last but not least you have the celebrities / legends. This are the guys that you are in awe of when they walk in the door. da klugs, poker, silverfox, mmblz, macms etc, etc.. They don't stop by much but it's nice when the do.

So stop in say hello. Have a cigar, your favorite drink, some laughs and actually talk and get to know some of the people that call CA home.

For once Al has made some sense.... Someone write down the date please.
[Reply]
Scimmia 01:17 PM 12-11-2008
fwiw - I have joined the vendor's forum. There are a number of threads of users looking for resolution ot this problem. I have subscribed to these threads so hopefully when a solution is developed, I will hear about it and we can get it fixed here.
FYI guys, this seems to happen when the focus is still on the chat log box and someone says something. If you click back on the box where you type before anyone else sends a message, you can avoid the underlines.
[Reply]
pnoon 01:18 PM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by Scimmia:
FYI guys, this seems to happen when the focus is still on the chat log box and someone says something. If you click back on the box where you type before anyone else sends a message, you can avoid the underlines.
Good to know, Doug.
Thanks.
[Reply]
Dooge 02:39 PM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace:
I loved chat. I will be on it more when connention lets me OR the powers that be make the log in username space one letter bigger. I miss you guys.
I know it's not my place but this is another issue with the chat. I've posted a question regarding this on the creators website.

Again, sorry if this isn't my place to look into it but I just thought I would see what I could find.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:41 PM 12-11-2008
Would you trust your chat mates to ask me to make a name change for you? :-) I didn't think so. :-)
now Peter, you may be right just now :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 02:45 PM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by Dooge:
I know it's not my place but this is another issue with the chat. I've posted a question regarding this on the creators website.

Again, sorry if this isn't my place to look into it but I just thought I would see what I could find.
We appreciate any help we can get. I have done the same and we think we've found a solution.

For now, the workaround is here:

Originally Posted by mmblz:
For those who get logged out and then their username is too long to type in the login box, try using this login page instead:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/chat/index.php

I just tested it and it seemed to work...

[Reply]
Da Klugs 03:13 PM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace:
I loved chat. I will be on it more when connention lets me OR the powers that be make the log in username space one letter bigger. I miss you guys.
Originally Posted by mmblz:
For those who get logged out and then their username is too long to type in the login box, try using this login page instead:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/chat/index.php

I just tested it and it seemed to work...
:-) :-)
[Reply]
Dooge 03:52 PM 12-11-2008
We appreciate any help we can get. I have done the same and we think we've found a solution.

For now, the workaround is here:
I didn't see this response :-) There appears to be a fix but I'm gunna test it first to see if it works.
[Reply]
ScottishSmoker 10:38 PM 12-11-2008
The best people I have met in this hobby, for the most part, are through the chats....Thank you guys!
[Reply]
Trace63 10:46 PM 12-17-2008
Originally Posted by loki:
you forgot chat is pants optional :-)
rofl!

On a serious note, chat is the best yet most dangerous place in all of the land. I have made many a good friend on chat (Andy,Brian,MJ,Matt,Jordan,Mark,Aldrin,Shellie,etc etc etc) and I know I'll never forget some of the late nights we have all spent there laughing our asses off. A lot of memories have been made there and I bet many more will come.

THANKS GUYS!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up