Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
General Discussion>Well my wife uttered those fatal words
shilala 11:29 AM 10-04-2011
After Weeze asked me about going to Florida, while she was on her way to work while I sit home, she told me I need to go find a new car.
That's close enough to "cigar" that I think I'll just go buy a bunch of cigars. I can do that from my chair. :-)
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 11:33 AM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
I think your wife must be the only one saying that. I don't think anyone else has heard anything like that.
True, my wife has never asked "when will it stop"

She is stuck on "AGAIN" every time I place my order or get something in the mail... :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Lonely Raven 11:35 AM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by Sonic04GT:
My girlfriend calls me an old man because I smoke cigars. I'm 24.
My fiance calls me old man because she's 13 years younger than me! :-)
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 11:44 AM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven:
My fiance calls me old man because she's 13 years younger than me! :-)

I'm sorry I had toooooo.... :-) :-)
[Reply]
neoflex 11:47 AM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by N2 GOLD:

I'm sorry I had toooooo.... :-) :-)
:-)
[Reply]
boonedoggle 11:47 AM 10-04-2011
Hey, that's what my wife told me shortly before running off with another dude! No Joke! :-)
[Reply]
liltim 11:49 AM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by Barcode:
Ask her the same question referring to her shoes. :-)
I definitely agree with this. Sounds like a great argument ender.
[Reply]
pektel 12:06 PM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by liltim:
I definitely agree with this. Sounds like a great argument ender.
:-)
[Reply]
pektel 12:07 PM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
"When is this all going to stop, when are you going to have enough?" referring to my cigars.......sigh......
The proper response is:

"Is that what you want to do today? Fight?"
[Reply]
irratebass 12:20 PM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven:
I hate to say this...but time to hide the purchases/stock.
I thought about this, but decided against it, then the new cutter arrived and she was gone, so I opened it up checked it out and put the receipt with my flat rate boxes (in case I need to send it back) and put it with my stash.
Originally Posted by neoflex:
The key is too mask the true amount of what you purchase so it does not look as bad as it really is and although it sounds dishonest it keeps the comments and the bickering down to a minimum. You have to eliminate as much of the paper trail as possible. :-) Way to do this is do more splits with guys so you can send funds via PooPal or Money Order.:-)
This I would like to do, but no one I know out of here smokes...well my co-worker...hmmm will have to think about this.

Originally Posted by Skywalker:
It also helps if you attribute packages to Bombs!!! Just say, "Those guys!!!" when a package arrives!:-)
This I have thought of

Originally Posted by shilala:
I don't get any gaff whatsoever.
This reminds me of a McDonald's commercial that's been on football. The woman says "Margie's boyfriend says Sunday is only for watching football? What do you think?"
Then the little guy thinks and shivers and pees a little and says "He's a jerk."
That's sad. Very sad. On about a thousand nutless levels.
Granted, Liberty works both ways. My actions can't deny the Liberty of my wife and children.
I married well. My wife watches football with me constantly and makes sure our schedule works around it.
While I was typing she spun around and asked when I wanted to go to Florida to go diving.
I rest my case. :-)
I HATE that frickin commercial

Thanks for the support guys....all will be ok, just needed some sympathy I guess.
[Reply]
xlc12rf 02:14 PM 10-04-2011
As long as it is not interfering with the finances, what's the big deal?

I tell my wife that I am my own person, and I refuse to end activities that give me enjoyment just because she says so. This is why I still smoke cigars, ride my motorcycle, etc.

I had to explain it carefully, but when she understood that she was just being selfish, she stopped giving me grief completely. Now she half supports it, if it makes me happy.
[Reply]
irratebass 02:50 PM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by xlc12rf:

I tell my wife that I am my own person, and I refuse to end activities that give me enjoyment just because she says so. This is why I still smoke cigars, ride my motorcycle, etc.

I had to explain it carefully, but when she understood that she was just being selfish, she stopped giving me grief completely. Now she half supports it, if it makes me happy.
My hero! :-) I need to know exactly what you said to her lol. Finances are covered and all that, she even got mad at me when I told her I was going to get a pt job...she thought it was to get away from her, I explained that it was for cigars, music & videogames....I really don't see the big deal either....maybe she needs a hobby?

Ok this has turned into the oprah show now lol sorry.
[Reply]
DPD6030 02:51 PM 10-04-2011
My reply to that would be, Well dear, when you are done buying shoes or clothes I'll be done buying cigars!
[Reply]
Volusianator 02:57 PM 10-04-2011
I personally give you permission to use my late fathers famous words, "I'll decide!"

"When is this all going to stop, when are you going to have enough?" referring to my cigars.......sigh......

[Reply]
neoflex 03:07 PM 10-04-2011
This I would like to do, but no one I know out of here smokes...well my co-worker...hmmm will have to think about this.
Do splits with fellow Asylum members and just claim the packages to be bombs or have them sent to work.:-)
[Reply]
neoflex 03:10 PM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by xlc12rf:

For the most part my wife no longer cares as she knows it is something I enjoy and she knows she can usually just buy whatever she wants too. But to keep it from becoming a problem or a box or two costing me even more money in the whole well you bought a box of cigars so I bought a pair of shoes I do exercise caution. If my collection didn't have all my storage devices busting at the seems including an decent sized end table cabinet I wouldn't even bother hiding some of my purchases but I am too the point where my collection is far exceeding what I could consume in a couple years.:-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 03:28 PM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by neoflex:
Do splits with fellow Asylum members and just claim the packages to be bombs or have them sent to work.:-)
Why didn't I think of having them sent to work. Brilliant:-)!
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:55 PM 10-04-2011
I pretty much answer "never" to both questions and that is the end of that discussion. I never, and I mean never, ask her about the stuff she buys, so I won't let her question anything I buy.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:39 PM 10-04-2011
I had to give the ex half my chit, but I kept all the cigars and the dog. :-)
[Reply]
Lonely Raven 05:07 PM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I had to give the ex half my chit, but I kept all the cigars and the dog. :-)
Well, you got to keep the dog...so that all worked out.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up