Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you hold onto special cigars for special occasions?
Yes 133 84.18%
No 25 15.82%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Do you hang onto...
Volusianator 01:05 PM 08-21-2011
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Yes!

Sometimes it pans out (the special occasion allows a quit time to reflect and enjoy the cigar), but most of the time the occasion does not allow for "the moment" to enjoy the special cigar!

This was one time it worked out perfectly:
I had one of those this year after the Packers won the Super Bowl, great cigar.
[Reply]
CigarDoc 06:21 AM 09-03-2011
I have one cigar that I'm hanging onto, a CC Davi 5000. I have a good reason to smoke it once I get back from Afghanistan, so when the wife and I take my son to Disney, I'm gonna bring it and have it there.
[Reply]
longknocker 06:42 AM 09-03-2011
I Have Special Cigars For Remembering My Parents, My Anniversary, & Birthday. Special Events Require Remembering With Special Cigars!:-) Great Thread, Rev.!:-)
[Reply]
Vic81 09:13 PM 09-08-2011
I typically save the more rare / expensive ones for special events - however, there is no time like the present!!
[Reply]
taltos 10:09 PM 09-08-2011
I used to save them for special occasions until my health problems last fall when I was convinced that I would not leave the hospital alive. When I got home I decided that you can't take it with you so I have smoked several of the special cigars since any day that I am on top of the grass is a cause for celebration.:-)
[Reply]
Tbagley 05:35 AM 09-09-2011
Originally Posted by jjirons69:
I used to save them, but don't any more. None of us are promised another day and I'd hate to leave all my best cigars behind. I smoke them at an opportune time and enjoy them as soon as I can.
This...as life can take a turn rather quickly, but mind you I'll take the time to fully enjoy it.
[Reply]
shilala 06:48 AM 09-09-2011
In the past I have bought special cigars specifically for special occasions. For instance, I bought some super old cigars once for a camping trip in the Spring, then the guys I planned to smoke them with didn't come, so I smoked them with sofaman at the next camping deal in the Fall. That was a few years ago.
I am fortunate to be blessed with an awful mess of really nice cigars that would fit in the "special occasion cigar" range. I'm not saving any of them. When someone comes by who appreciates a good cigar, or I go where someone appreciates a good cigar, I take a bunch along. Any of my cigars are your cigars, I've got nothing that I won't share at any moment. That makes it real fun, cause I make someone else pick when they come over. Their excitement adds another level, ya know?
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 06:54 AM 09-09-2011
I don't really save any of them intentionally. There's one that's been with me for a while, though.

Back in the early/mid nineties, a good friend of mine had parents who used to go to Spain a few times a year. On each trip, they would always pick up a box of Esplendidos in the duty free shop for him (they had $$$ :-)). We'd get together for cocktails and a cigar a couple of times a month back then, and I ended up with one sitting in my desktop humidor. For a period from the late nineties until '06 I didn't smoke many cigars, and that humidor became something of a time capsule. Now, that lone Esplendido is all that remains of my stash from the boom times.

It's been sitting there for somewhere between fifteen and twenty years now. At this point I look at it as more of a good luck talisman than as a cigar. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up