Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>Any advice on buying land?
secretsquirrel 06:09 PM 08-08-2011
Well my guess was wrong there no fast way for me to get to liberty. 1hr 3 mins. Dead end roads are the best.
[Reply]
Patrick B 12:41 AM 08-09-2011
Nice, buddy.
[Reply]
CoreyD 01:18 AM 08-09-2011
Looks like some nice bow hunting land.
My question is, since you live out of state but own land in another state, would you have to pay out of state hunting,fishing license.
[Reply]
elderboy02 04:50 AM 08-09-2011
Originally Posted by CoreyD:
Looks like some nice bow hunting land.
My question is, since you live out of state but own land in another state, would you have to pay out of state hunting,fishing license.
I don't believe so. I am having my cop buddy check around, but he said that if we own the land we don't need licenses. Me, my dad, and my brother will all have our names on the deed to the land :-)
[Reply]
forgop 08:49 AM 08-09-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I don't believe so. I am having my cop buddy check around, but he said that if we own the land we don't need licenses. Me, my dad, and my brother will all have our names on the deed to the land :-)
That is correct.

Don't know the soil quality that you have, but cash renting in my neck of the woods for the land I sold almost 2 years ago is in the $250/acre range. Be wary of going strictly a percentage of profit deals.
[Reply]
waffle 09:03 AM 08-09-2011
Dan,

I can tell you that one of my friends got a group together for hunting rights on some property a few years ago and paid the old man that owned 10 acres of woods about $2000/yr to hunt it... granted there were 10 of them so it only cost each of them $200, but you might try and put out some feelers if people would be willing to buy hunting rights off you.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:53 AM 08-09-2011
Originally Posted by waffle:
Dan,

I can tell you that one of my friends got a group together for hunting rights on some property a few years ago and paid the old man that owned 10 acres of woods about $2000/yr to hunt it... granted there were 10 of them so it only cost each of them $200, but you might try and put out some feelers if people would be willing to buy hunting rights off you.
That is a good idea. I wonder what types of waivers I would have to draft up to waive me of any liability in case they get stupid and shoot one another.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 10:01 AM 08-09-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
That is a good idea. I wonder what types of waivers I would have to draft up to waive me of any liability in case they get stupid and shoot one another.
If your family is serious about renting for hunting or farming, I would hire a lawyer to look over your agreement/lease. Its going to cost you upwards of $500 minimum, but it could save you many headaches in the future. :-)
[Reply]
357 02:55 PM 08-09-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
If your family is serious about renting for hunting or farming, I would hire a lawyer to look over your agreement/lease. Its going to cost you upwards of $500 minimum, but it could save you many headaches in the future. :-)
Good point. Any use lease be it hunting or farming should be reviewed or even drafted by a lawyer. You do not want a lawsuit on your hands.
[Reply]
CoreyD 03:40 PM 08-09-2011
A BOTL had a great idea with his flat land piece on asking a farmer if he wanted to plant something that gets harvested twice and he can cut it once and let the owner of land have the 2nd crop uncut to lure deer in. Thought that may be a good idea since you had some flat land and may want to lure/use some of that land with neighbors
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:04 AM 08-15-2011
My cousin sent me a text this morning stating that there were 7 turkey in the field. She took a video for us. Man, I can't wait for turkey season. :-)

Here is a pic of the land b/c I edited the one I originally posted:

[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up