Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Entertainment>Board games / table top RPGs?
Emjaysmash 11:24 AM 10-14-2011
Originally Posted by Apoco:
D&D night...freaking finally! Our group hasn't played since the middle of September :-). My work schedule ruined it.

However, the rest of the group plays Warhammer 40K, so they kept themselves entertained without me :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
:-)

have fun!
[Reply]
Apoco 08:49 PM 02-14-2012
So - I'm going to roll a new character and hope that one of my current characters gets killed off :-)

Ive been given the OK by the DM to make a druid who's weapon is...

A bag of 4 badgers given to him by his diety. My characters sole goal would be to not let the badgers die and would not be allowed to have any other companions. Should be a real riot if I ever get to play him :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:51 PM 02-14-2012
... A bag full of badgers? Are you going to let them loose or hit someone with it?
I feel like the Druid version of PETA would crack down on that. LOL
[Reply]
kaisersozei 01:55 PM 02-15-2012
Badgers. :-) That reminds me of a monk character I played way back in college, about the same time I discovered a new girlfriend. My roommate/DM got tired of me always being absent for our group's weekly gaming sessions, so he eventually had the party raided one night by a pack of wandering, giant badgers. With a taste for monkflesh, apparently. Poor dead Bwana.
[Reply]
Apoco 08:06 PM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
... A bag full of badgers? Are you going to let them loose or hit someone with it?
I feel like the Druid version of PETA would crack down on that. LOL
They'll be like my attack badgers :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:13 PM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Badgers. :-) That reminds me of a monk character I played way back in college, about the same time I discovered a new girlfriend. My roommate/DM got tired of me always being absent for our group's weekly gaming sessions, so he eventually had the party raided one night by a pack of wandering, giant badgers. With a taste for monkflesh, apparently. Poor dead Bwana.
Pesky girlfriends always getting in the way of whats important! :-)

They'll be like my attack badgers :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Let us know how the attack badgers work out!
[Reply]
Apoco 03:07 PM 06-05-2012
My group hasn't played a single game of D&D since I made my new character :-).

We've been playing table top games lately. Last Night on Earth, Super Dungeon Explore, Settlers of Catan, etc.

I hopped on Amazon today and ordered a couple of single player tabletops just for fun. Ordered "Friday" and "Onirim". Both come highly recommended from reddit's "Boardgames" subreddit (Link). Hopefully they'll be some fun.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 03:23 PM 06-05-2012
The D&D I've been playing is on thetangledweb.net. In 4 games as well as DMing one. Its the only way I can play nowadays.
[Reply]
Apoco 07:17 AM 06-06-2012
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
The D&D I've been playing is on thetangledweb.net. In 4 games as well as DMing one. Its the only way I can play nowadays.
Oh yeah - you had told me about that forever ago. Maybe I need to look into it again.

After making this post - I called our DM and told him that it was time to play some D&D again. He agreed. When I called the rest of our group their response was essentially "I've been thinking that - but everyone has seemed so content to play board games". Funny...we've all been wanting to play but just assumed no one else did :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
mariogolbee 10:50 PM 06-13-2012
We've been playing table top games lately. Last Night on Earth, Super Dungeon Explore, Settlers of Catan, etc.
I finally got a chance to break out Last Night on Earth about a month back. Finally got into Catan as well.
[Reply]
spectrrr 01:48 AM 07-08-2012
mmmm highschool memories! Battletech board game and Mechwarrior RPG with friends :-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 02:22 AM 07-08-2012
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
mmmm highschool memories! Battletech board game and Mechwarrior RPG with friends :-)
I played a handful of Battletech games when I was teen. I did pick up a copy of the 25th anniversary edition a few months back. I haven't had the chance to play, but it includes A LOT.
[Reply]
Jasonw560 07:42 AM 07-08-2012
Reading this thread reminds me of sitting next to the nerd table in HS at lunch.
[Reply]
spectrrr 07:50 AM 07-08-2012
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
I played a handful of Battletech games when I was teen. I did pick up a copy of the 25th anniversary edition a few months back. I haven't had the chance to play, but it includes A LOT.
I played Mechwarrior a little, the board game a lot, and the Card Game an insane amount. I was pretty sold on the Battletech universe :-)

Can't remember the name of it, but there's a third party computer program for playing the battletech board game locally or online.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 12:47 AM 08-28-2012
For anyone in the SF Bay Area the Pacificon Games Expo will be on from this Friday until Monday. LMK if anyone plans on attending so we can meet up for a game or two!
[Reply]
Apoco 08:33 AM 08-28-2012
Originally Posted by Jasonw560:
Reading this thread reminds me of sitting next to the nerd table in HS at lunch.
I was at the head of the nerd table. :-)

Played a new board game the other day - "Zombicide". Fun game - co-op kill the hordes of zombies.

My D&D group has stopped playing D&D altogether. We've had a guy whose wife won't let him come play but every other week now. Mix that with the fact that we had a once-a-month game with two extra folks - we only play each game once a month. Keeping any sort of pacing, concept of the storyline, etc. is totally trashed. If we do play, it takes nearly 3 hours to get into it and remember where we were. We are officially a board game group :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 10:09 AM 08-28-2012
Hey man, board games are better than nothing!
[Reply]
Apoco 09:31 AM 12-12-2012
I'm starting to get pumped. We just finished rolling new characters in prep for a new game.

One of the guys who couldn't ever make it has changed jobs and now has Friday nights free. Now I just have to convince them to start the characters at level 10...

On the board game front: Pandemic is AWESOME. I really haven't had this much fun with a board game before. I can play it solo and still have fun with it - that's how good it is :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
spectrrr 09:16 PM 12-12-2012
nice! I'm getting jealous, nobody to play with in my area! All my old nerd friends have long since moved to other parts of the country :-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 12:20 PM 12-13-2012
Debating whether or not to try making a group for my pharmacy school...
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up