Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
All Cigar Discussion>Your Favorite B&M and Why.
klipsch 05:55 PM 06-02-2011
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Tower Pipes and Cigars. Mark (norcalmark) owns it, stand up dude and also my very good friend.
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
:-)
I'm with these guys on Tower Pipe & Cigar. No points against Mark for being Huy's friend...(I keed, I keed... :-))
[Reply]
Drez 06:26 PM 06-02-2011
I stop by a place called stogies in south Florida. Decent prices on most stuff and it's a nice small place to hang out.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 10:37 AM 06-04-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
None around my area. Therefore I vote to also make this a B&M DO NOT visit list. As it would serve the same purpose. I would also suggest listing better reasons then proximity to your house as it probably won't serve to anyone else.

Here's my $hit list. AKA every B&M I've been to in TN. We don't know how to get a good shop with legitimate honest people.

Old Havana smoke shop in Cool springs is the worst - owner is a lying f**king leprechaun. Total scumbag, can't speak English worth a $hit.. uses a lot of fragments. Treats customers and employees like the $hit underneath his shoe. He reminds me of the penguin in Batman Returns.
Stoogies - No one here pays any attention to you period, they could care less. Bunch of clueless cashiers. Lounge sucks too.
Woodys smokes and brews - they lost their lounge, must be the old angry uninformative bastards that work there.
hey, bill - you need to drive just a bit further into nashville and check out uptown's. best selection in nashville, pretty friendly and informed staff. i thought i mentioned this to you once before...
[Reply]
Zeuceone 12:55 PM 06-04-2011
Originally Posted by racerX:
If it is 20 minutes or so from an airport it will be fair game. LAX, Orange, Ontario, SFO, and SanJose:-)
In Ontario, this location is about 10min drive from the airport, Zafuto's Cigar Haven. Its by the Ontario Mills Mall on 990 ontario mills drive #E. Kim is the owner and is a great guy. You can smoke inside or out.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 02:43 PM 06-04-2011
Tampa Humidor is my favorite. I wish I could get by there more often. Island Girl in Jacksonville is very nice as well.
[Reply]
CTshade 06:59 PM 06-05-2011
The Tobacco Shop in Hartford Connecticut. The original was forced to close this year and was purchased by customers and moved to a new, bigger, better location with a fantastic lounge. The place has been in operation since the 1920s.
[Reply]
Bax 07:33 PM 06-05-2011
Originally Posted by Apoco:
Burns Tobacconist in Chattanooga, TN is fantastic. Love that place - both the selection and the staff.
Yeah, all that and it's close:-)
[Reply]
emopunker2004 11:58 PM 06-05-2011
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Tampa Humidor is my favorite. I wish I could get by there more often. Island Girl in Jacksonville is very nice as well.
We love IG Brent. Nice atmosphere. Nice women too :-)
[Reply]
JHawk 03:01 AM 06-06-2011
Outlaw Cigar Co. is by far the best B&M in the KC metro. Great selection of cigar, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and awesome monthly parties are just a few reasons. They have two locations each about 20 minutes from home. :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 03:13 AM 06-06-2011
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:
hey, bill - you need to drive just a bit further into nashville and check out uptown's. best selection in nashville, pretty friendly and informed staff. i thought i mentioned this to you once before...
I believe you have, I just never made it there yet :-) I'll wait for an event that interests me and drive up there. :-)

I have ordered cigars from them before, and the employees there at the time seemed cool. They let me reserve 2 boxes instead of one on a technicality :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 09:00 PM 06-07-2011
Originally Posted by BryanB:
Empire Cigars in Raleigh. Great selection, great owner/staff, great place.
Posted via Mobile Device
Absolutely! :-)
[Reply]
Azaelius 10:05 PM 06-07-2011
Racine & Laramie's in Old Town, San Diego. The owner, Jeff, is an awesome guy who rebuilt the store from ruins over 40 years ago and has been running it ever since. His son, Dave, is a walking cigar encyclopedia, and the employees know quite a bit about tobacco and tobacco accessories of all types.

The "lounge" isn't very large or exclusive, but the regulars are always glad to receive new friends into their midst, and are extremely welcoming. Prices are pretty good for California... either cheaper than most other places or within $.50 of them.

The store is made of dirt (authentic!) the pipe selection is decent, a great selection of pipe tobacco is there, and the humidor is pretty well stocked. Not as large or inclusive as some other places, but it carries some damn good sticks.

And on top of all that, they gave me a job. So yes, I'm a bit biased, BUT, I did come here to spend my money as a customer first, long before they ever gave me a job.

[Reply]
dwoodward 11:06 AM 06-08-2011
Originally Posted by Seasick Sailor:
Thanks for the response, Bill.

It's a shame you don't have a decent B&M near you.
He's not the only one... and I fully agree with his review of stogies... we have one here too, and the employees are stupid as hell. I have yet to meet one that has actually smoked a cigar.
[Reply]
Davis 03:17 PM 06-08-2011
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Awesome! This is good to know! Will have to check them out next time Im in that area.
[Reply]
Winstonshumidor 10:59 AM 06-12-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Winstons Humidor in Midlothian, Virginia...Kevin the owner is down to earth, great atmosphere and he is a fellow Mets fan. Just wish it wasn't an hours drive away. Always well worth the visit though. :-) :-)

Thanks for all the comments guys!
[Reply]
fatdog 08:52 AM 06-13-2011
Another vote for Uptowns in Nashville near Green Hills. Great group of guys who work there, a small but comfortable lounge, great music, and most of all an excellent selection of sticks. The pipe and pipe tobacco selection is not what it used to be but the cigars make up for it.
Peace
Marc
[Reply]
racerX 06:13 PM 06-24-2011
Originally Posted by Zeuceone:
In Ontario, this location is about 10min drive from the airport, Zafuto's Cigar Haven. Its by the Ontario Mills Mall on 990 ontario mills drive #E. Kim is the owner and is a great guy. You can smoke inside or out.
Great store went twice this week and had my first Tat.:-)
[Reply]
racerX 06:01 PM 07-08-2011
Addison Texas - Addison Cigar and Tobacco Club
Good Selection and a great group of members
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 07:45 AM 07-09-2011
JR in Selma is has a very knowledgeable staff, and a decent lounge area. Plus they now carry Pepin sticks!
[Reply]
area51 08:00 AM 07-09-2011

My favorite is F&M cigars in Phenix City AL

[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up