Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Sports>2011 NFL Draft.
elderboy02 07:50 PM 04-29-2011
Nice pick by the Bengals getting Dalton :-)
[Reply]
OLS 08:13 PM 04-29-2011
As a Saints backer, I hope Ingram stays healthy. I hate to watch great running backs play for us. Cringe, cringe, cringe.
Other than that we look solid in what we got. Locker was a good pickup for the Titans which I am forced to watch far
too often. Hope the Bengals are happy with AJ Green. I am not getting the picture, so I did not see Fairley's fairly poor
attitude. But those Auburn kids, what are you gonna do? Sorry I will not get to watch Patrick Peterson play much football.
West coast stuff. Enjoy that WC guys.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:23 PM 04-29-2011
Originally Posted by 357:
Agreed. They are about to make him very wealthy to play a game he loves.
Money will make a player love the game a lot less. Soon it is money before the game. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:26 PM 04-29-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
I just don't get it with BB, The first pick a O linemen yeah that's ok.

Then he picks a corner that has been getting hurt since high school,hell he pulled a hamie at the combine. We have seen to many of guys like this.

Next two picks. Two slow non elusive running backs,one will be lucky to make the team?

A QB pocket passer just as slow as Brady with character and personality issues.

I'm not feeling good about this draft.
How a bout a freakin pass rusher?
Bill seems to know how to put a product on the field, hard to not give him the benefit of the doubt. I am sure no one was thrilled with Danny Woodhead making the 53 last season, but that worked out OK. And he certainly doesn't put up with the extra-BS. He is certainly an odd little man, but he seems to make the pieces fit every year. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:29 PM 04-29-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Nice pick by the Bengals getting Dalton :-)
Surprised you like the Dalton pick, considering you liked Newton, but you are a HUGE homer. :-) I called the first two picks weeks ago. I think they got the best athletic WR in the draft and the smartest QB in the draft. We'll see how either of them turn out, but they have to be better than Andre Smith. :-)
[Reply]
Humpdebump 10:21 PM 04-29-2011
I'm also confused with the Pats picks. Why waste 2 picks on RB's in second and third rounds. You could have kept the first round pick and took an every down back with Ingram and then used the other picks on defense. Haven't we also drafted a DB I'm the first or second round the past 5 years. All I know is, when free agents can be signed, they better go after one of the premier defensive player.
[Reply]
E.J. 08:28 AM 04-30-2011
Originally Posted by Humpdebump:
All I know is, when free agents can be signed, they better go after one of the premier defensive player.
Nnamdi Asomugha....:-)
[Reply]
E.J. 01:17 PM 04-30-2011
Brandon Burton in the 5th round....WTF?

Viking fans, you just got a steal.... Remember you heard it here first.
[Reply]
357 11:14 AM 05-02-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Money will make a player love the game a lot less. Soon it is money before the game. :-)
Yeah I am sure you're right. I just expect them to be happy to be drafted in the first round, and get to play in the NFL. I mean that's something so many kids dream of. I guess things are relative, and if you expect the world (everything), you'll always end up disappointed at something.
[Reply]
357 11:29 AM 05-02-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
I just don't get it with BB, The first pick a O linemen yeah that's ok.

Then he picks a corner that has been getting hurt since high school,hell he pulled a hamie at the combine. We have seen to many of guys like this.

Next two picks. Two slow non elusive running backs,one will be lucky to make the team?

A QB pocket passer just as slow as Brady with character and personality issues.

I'm not feeling good about this draft.
How a bout a freakin pass rusher?

I understand your concerns, but I think Mallet will be a very good NFL QB. I saw him at Michigan and that kid has a heck of an arm, prototypical size, and is very sharp mentally. Being able to work behind Brady won't hurt either.

For my hometown Lions, I am a bit confused. DT Fairley I liked, but a WR Titus Young and a bull of a RB Leshoure do fill needs, but not as needs as pressing as some holes on defense (CB & OLB). We'll see how it works out.
[Reply]
jledou 11:39 AM 05-02-2011
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Nnamdi Asomugha....:-)
Going to be sad to see him leave the Raiders but it will be interesting to see who is going to lay down the cash he will command.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up