Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>DealExtreme Lighters
HollywoodQue 03:10 PM 03-29-2011
I just got the two meters that I ordered in January...it does take a lot of time, but for the price, why not wait.
[Reply]
landhoney 03:16 PM 03-29-2011
Originally Posted by HollywoodQue:
...it does take a lot of time, but for the price, why not wait.
I agree; they took so long I forgot about them actually, when the package arrived I had no idea what it was at first, great surprise when opened. :-) And so far so good, working solidly for a few months now.
[Reply]
Mugen910 07:39 PM 07-05-2011
Originally Posted by landhoney:
I agree; they took so long I forgot about them actually, when the package arrived I had no idea what it was at first, great surprise when opened. :-) And so far so good, working solidly for a few months now.
*zombie thread*

Thanks for the info gents. Dealextreme seems like a great place to buy torch lighters.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:45 PM 07-05-2011
When ordering these: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/compact...t-lighter-4179 be sure to buy a bunch of them. Some are duds, but the one I currently have, I have been using for over 1 year now. I love these cheapies :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 07:48 PM 07-05-2011
dude i use these to help me reshaft golf clubs...awesomeness
[Reply]
GodOfFire 07:56 PM 07-05-2011
I want to add a vouch for vector fuel, having used other big name brand triple refined fuels... Now that I use vector i will not use any other brand. My lighters are so much more consistent with this fuel over other brands. Maybe it's just me but I love it... sorry for the thread jack...

back to regularly scheduled program
[Reply]
Mugen910 08:02 PM 07-05-2011
Totally understand..I love my fancy lighters and all but it's hard to pass a up $3 for when you are out and about. Less to worry about losing $3 versus $40+
[Reply]
lostark374 07:02 AM 07-12-2011
i placed my order on 2/19/11 got an email this morning that about half of my order shipped today!!!!! not bad just under 5 months!
[Reply]
emopunker2004 07:27 AM 07-12-2011
Originally Posted by lostark374:
i placed my order on 2/19/11 got an email this morning that about half of my order shipped today!!!!! not bad just under 5 months!
:-):-)

Mine only took like 20 days from the time i ordered to the time i got it...
[Reply]
Flynnster 10:25 PM 08-09-2011
This threads pretty old but I wanted to give an update. First lighter wouldn't stop spewing butane everywhere. The little switch on the front seemed to be broken. O well. Second one just got filled and seems to be working well, haven't had a cigar in a few months as I'm home for summer and the parents don't appreciate it much.

Overall, decently happy. 50/50 shot of them working for me at least.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 10:32 PM 08-09-2011
Just got a shipment of about ten lighter from these guys. Only half of them worked. Two of the power touches lit but were soft flame as they do not hold pressure. Two leak fuel to the point they are empty about an hour after filling them. Other ones work great though. So definitely ymmv but when they work they are pretty nice.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Flynnster 10:50 PM 08-09-2011
:-) swear that a minute after posting this I was playing with the one I jsut filled and same issue happened, won't stop spewing fuel, and it won't light. Seriously?

Gonna fiddle with it a bit more.
[Reply]
ResidentPony 11:26 PM 08-09-2011
I love DX for some things (pocket knives, jammer) but have had no luck with their lighters. One even coughed up a fireball and took my knuckle hair with it. Grooming the manly way...
[Reply]
TheRiddick 12:21 PM 08-10-2011
Originally Posted by ResidentPony:
... One even coughed up a fireball and took my knuckle hair with it. Grooming the manly way...
Had same happen with one of mine 2 weeks ago (a triple torch).

Comparing latest batches (this year) and those from years past the new ones seem to be made from thinner (and much lower quality) plastic and definitely seem loose and badly put together. Most likely a different factory (Chinese now contracting Mongolia to make these to bring the cost down?).

Shipping delays wise, looks like when you order 20+ units and they force you to pay a bit more for air mail delivery they do arrive much, much quicker. 3 weeks versus 3 months for me, this year.
[Reply]
zman 04:42 PM 08-10-2011
Just bought five (5). Do they arrive empty?

Z-Man
[Reply]
Cornrow_Wallis 05:10 PM 08-10-2011
Yep, empty. I ordered five a couple months ago and the one I opened is pretty much the only lighter I use, unless it's a pretty small ring gauge. No clue if the other four work. I guess I'll find out when I break or lose this one.
[Reply]
Zeuceone 05:49 PM 08-10-2011
I need to order more. I gifted some and lose a couple.
[Reply]
zman 07:25 PM 08-10-2011
Thanks Cornrow,

What fuel did you use? Also any words of wisdom on how best to fill it the first time?

Thanks,

Z-Man
[Reply]
TheRiddick 08:04 PM 08-10-2011
Vector is fine. 2 large cans from CI for $12 and free shipping. Will last you a long time.

Fill as any other lighter.
[Reply]
Cornrow_Wallis 08:05 PM 08-10-2011
I used some xikar butane that I had, but I'm not sure if the type of fuel would matter a whole lot in a lighter like this. It might, but I don't think so. In a more expensive lighter I would be inclined to use better butane, but I bet these would take any of it.

Nope, no trick to filling them that I know of. The first time I filled it I just put a little bit in to make sure it worked and didn't leak any of it, but that's the only thing.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up