Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>Newest Member of the Family!!
KenyanSandBoa 01:03 PM 06-06-2011
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Have the snakes decided he's too big of a meal for them?
:-)...yeah...there's no question there. The most interaction I've seen from them is a stare-off every now and then. I think Dante's view is if it's not immediately edible, than he could care less.

Originally Posted by Wanger:
LOL Jim. Those shots look ALL too familiar to me. Dudley is LAZY. He literally just lays around all the time. I'm not sure how he's going to do when we move next month. That should be interesting, but I'm sure he'll manage somehow. :-)

We're lucky in that he hasn't taken out anything (aside from the dinner he's stolen off my plate on a couple occasions when I wasn't looking. And I feel like the family is safe when I'm not around with him there. he may be sweet and lovable, but not everyone knows that when he barks at a knock on the door or a doorbell. :-)
I've noticed Dante sitting on the couch like Dudley is doing in that pic you posted. He gets his butt up there, but keeps his front legs on the ground. he even does that in my truck...keeps his butt on the seat but has his head between the two front seats so he feels like he's with my wife and me.

So far I've been lucky with him not stealing food, however, he did steal an ENTIRE stick of butter from the in-laws at Easter dinner this year. :-)
[Reply]
Coach Deg 01:03 PM 06-06-2011
Awesome looking pup!
[Reply]
Wanger 06:44 AM 06-07-2011
Originally Posted by KenyanSandBoa:
I've noticed Dante sitting on the couch like Dudley is doing in that pic you posted. He gets his butt up there, but keeps his front legs on the ground. he even does that in my truck...keeps his butt on the seat but has his head between the two front seats so he feels like he's with my wife and me.
We try to discourage him from doing this on the couch, as he takes up TOO much room! Most of the time, he's laying across the floor like a carcass on the side of the road, and doesn't move, so we have to walk around him. Would be nice if he used his dog beds innstead. LOL

So far I've been lucky with him not stealing food, however, he did steal an ENTIRE stick of butter from the in-laws at Easter dinner this year. :-)
Lubing the chute!!!:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Ranger_B 10:13 PM 06-07-2011
Nice looking puppy. Its hard not to love a great dane. Get him away from the kitchen early!
[Reply]
pnoon 10:27 PM 06-07-2011
I figured I would update this thread with some recent pictures of the "puppy". :-)

As of his last visit to the vet, Dante is now pushing the 100 pound mark at 7 months of age. :-) He is such a loving dog, who just enjoys the company of people. He has successfully scared one pizza delivery guy (little did he know that his back end was wagging with excitement :-)), but as soon as he gets the ok from me, he's a big lovable goofball.
What a great dog, Jim. Those pictures made me smile and laugh.
You definitely have your hands full with him, I'm sure.
[Reply]
TBone 11:13 PM 06-07-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Congrats Jim. :-)
:-) Makes MAC's new dog look really small
[Reply]
Bunker 08:04 AM 06-08-2011
That's awesome. We've noticed Date watches tv too. I grew up with German Shepherds, and they never showed as much interest in the television that this guys does.

Dante definitely recognizes me as the alpha, but he has REALLY been testing my wife. We're trying the "yelp and ignore technique", and I just leave the room with my wife if he gets aggressive towards her so he knows his behavior will not be tolerated. The only time I've scruffed him is if he lunges towards the face because I want to send the message that that is a HUGE no-no.
We have a simililar problem with both our dogs.

I am the alpha, the wife is just a member of the pack who happens to be able to stand up, fill the water bowl and get treats out of the cabinet.:-)
[Reply]
justonemorestick 09:06 AM 06-08-2011
Sounds like my pup mine is 120 at the 1 year mark. But He knows that the furniture bed etc is off limits. The only problem is he will find something to entertain himself with and noting seems to last long with him.
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 08:22 AM 06-09-2011
Originally Posted by justonemorestick:
Sounds like my pup mine is 120 at the 1 year mark. But He knows that the furniture bed etc is off limits. The only problem is he will find something to entertain himself with and noting seems to last long with him.
I've noticed that nothing really lasts with him too. He either gets bored with a toy and wants to change it up after a few minutes, or if he has a chew (like a bully stick) he destroys them in no time.

I've been allowing him to chew on rawhide as long as I'm there watching him because I don't want him to eat it. I'll get those massive knot bones so there's no risk of him trying to swallow the whole thing, but those seem to work well. I'll let him chew them until they start to soften up, then I take it away and cut off the soft pieces and let him start from scratch. Once it gets too small I junk it.

He's also come to love the occasional knuckle bone from the butcher...but I've noticed I have to limit him with those because it gives him the runs if he eats too much. :-) :-)
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 09:28 AM 06-12-2012
I figured I would post a more recent picture of the "puppy". This is Dante at about 17 months...and still growing. :-)
Attached: Dante.jpg (112.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Hem 09:37 AM 06-12-2012
That's gonna be one big boy!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up