Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>problem with call in order...
auburnfan1980 08:20 PM 12-04-2010
Devan, you seem like a great BOTL and hopefully you'll take some of these comments with a grain of salt and accept the wisdom that's been given by a few. :-)
[Reply]
Ismith75 08:42 PM 12-04-2010
Originally Posted by Devanmc:
i knew this would happen and this is why i had ID posted to avoid it. nothing about me buying cigars from them or anyone would be illegal in anyway shape or forum(other the maybe taxes cuz i have no idea how to file that at the end of the year). Im 20years old, where in the USA is illegal for me to buy tobacco products?
Not quite sure how the rules work, but I've heard of people denying cigars to anyone under 21 if they're out of state. Don't know if that's the case, just my :-).
[Reply]
Stinky 09:21 PM 12-04-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
The name of a retailer that is taking precautions to avoid illegal sales to underage customers?
Originally Posted by sigsauer:
Stinky...I personally know 2 people that have a tobacco shop and support their families doing so...Who exactly put you in charge of boycotting a store that is trying to do business within the confines of the law.
Is anyone here above the law?...I don't think so....
Sorry! . . . after reading what happened, it appears that he proved (or tried to prove) his 'legal' age. Your post implies that I want them to sell without checking. Not True! My post was not aimed at harming good shop practice, but at the idea that HE complied and they declined his sale on another phone call (supposedly from Grampa). That's not good, IMHO. If their legal age is 21 . . . then, that's a horse of a different color.

BTW:
I personally know more than 20 people that have a tobacco shop and support their families doing so. They ALL properly check ID.
[Reply]
sigsauer 08:33 AM 12-05-2010
Stinky......aok so we both agree......if Devan is 20 he is not of legal age to buy tobacco....correct?
[Reply]
TheFool 08:57 AM 12-05-2010
Originally Posted by forgop:
This is an easy decision-take your money elsewhere.
Seconded
[Reply]
Stinky 09:06 AM 12-05-2010
Originally Posted by sigsauer:
Stinky......aok so we both agree......if Devan is 20 he is not of legal age to buy tobacco....correct?
Agree. FYI the Legal age (to buy tobacco) for most states is 18. Some are 21. . . some internet sites require minimum age of 21. It's 18 years of age here in Nevada.
[Reply]
sigsauer 09:30 AM 12-05-2010
Stinky....I did not know that...thank you sir...
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:36 AM 12-05-2010
CigarsInternational requires you to be 21.

They don't check that hard though. :-)
[Reply]
borndead1 09:49 AM 12-05-2010
Why would she say your grandfather called and told her you were 17? Have you talked to gramps about this?

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:53 AM 12-05-2010
Originally Posted by borndead1:
Why would she say your grandfather called and told her you were 17? Have you talked to gramps about this?

:-):-):-)
It wasn't his grandfather. His grandfather didn't even know he ordered cigars.
[Reply]
Stinky 10:54 AM 12-05-2010
it would be interesting to see a chart for minimum age to buy tobaccy for all 50 states. Anyone? . . . Bueller? . . . Bueller? . . . Anyone?
[Reply]
maninblack 10:58 AM 12-05-2010
From fda.gov

What is the legal age for purchasing cigarettes or smokeless tobacco?
The regulations prohibit the sale of cigarettes and smokeless tobacco to anyone under the age of 18. However, the Tobacco Control Act does not pre-empt State or local laws relating to access to tobacco products that are in addition to, or more stringent than, the access provisions in the Tobacco Control Act. Therefore, a state could establish 19 years of age or older as the minimum age for purchasing these products in that state. Some states and localities do, in fact, have more stringent age requirements. As of March 1, 2010, four states (Alabama, Alaska, New Jersey, and Utah) have established 19 years of age as the minimum legal age for purchasing tobacco products in those states.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up