Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>Real or Fake- Christmas Trees that is
longknocker 06:59 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by maninblack:
My wife puts up 5, yes 5, fake trees every year. But its her thing so I don't argue. I go overboard with Halloween, she does it with Christmas. Our house is very festive.
Awesome!:-) Pics?
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 07:02 PM 11-29-2010
Real tree for me :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 07:05 PM 11-29-2010
My wife puts up 5, yes 5, fake trees every year. But its her thing so I don't argue. I go overboard with Halloween, she does it with Christmas. Our house is very festive.
I am a big fan of excess festive during those two holidays... Don't really know why, but the more the better in my book....
[Reply]
maninblack 07:05 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Awesome!:-) Pics?
Yeah, give me a minute. We have many I just have to track them down.
[Reply]
maninblack 07:19 PM 11-29-2010
Here ya go Greg. This is only 3 of 5 .

Sorry for the crappy iphone pics.
[Reply]
hotreds 08:19 PM 11-29-2010
A genuine faux tree.
[Reply]
Salvelinus 08:32 PM 11-29-2010
gotta be real, and I don't see changing that as long as I live up north. I feel like I'm cheating because I go buy a pre-cut tree instead of harvesting my own. I think I'd be disowned by my folks and my folks in law if I so much as thought of a fake tree.
[Reply]
mmblz 07:02 AM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Average we would get was around 9'.

Is that cheap?

I never bought a real one outside of Florida, in fact outside of Boca Raton, that I can recall so wouldn't know how that compares.

Last one or two ran me a bit over $100. I recall no more than $110 though.

Wouldn't even be able to guess what they go for now.
would be 35-40 here for a blue fir. other types cheaper :-)
[Reply]
Sled Dog 07:14 AM 11-30-2010
When I bought my house a few years back, in the one back corner flower bed I planted a 4' Douglas fir, and groomed it to have the shape, so that It would turn into a great looking tree to decorate out in the yard. It's now a 10' perfectly shaped tree, we put 800 lights on it, and when it's covered in snow with all the lights, there isn't a prettier sight! I've enjoyed quite a few cigars sitting back there looking at that tree while the dog tires herself out in the snow
[Reply]
longknocker 07:44 AM 11-30-2010
Here ya go Greg. This is only 3 of 5 .

Sorry for the crappy iphone pics.
Thanks, Kevin!:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 07:45 AM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by Sled Dog:
When I bought my house a few years back, in the one back corner flower bed I planted a 4' Douglas fir, and groomed it to have the shape, so that It would turn into a great looking tree to decorate out in the yard. It's now a 10' perfectly shaped tree, we put 800 lights on it, and when it's covered in snow with all the lights, there isn't a prettier sight! I've enjoyed quite a few cigars sitting back there looking at that tree while the dog tires herself out in the snow
Great Memories, Tim!:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 08:23 AM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by mmblz:
would be 35-40 here for a blue fir. other types cheaper :-)
Wow.
Bring a truckload down here.
We will make a killing.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 08:31 AM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
I started out with a fake for years.
About 14 years ago, moved to real.
Two years ago, went back to fake.
They are so real looking now
and you're doctor friend taught you how to spot the fakes between the real ones right :-)

I have no x-mas tree. I am not religious.
[Reply]
zappaFREAK 08:34 AM 11-30-2010
For my entire life we have had real trees. :-):-) I always cherished going and picking one at the farm. 2 years ago my wifes allergy doctor said we need a fake tree. :-) We went and got a descent one for 300 bucks! I felt ok as the worst part is having to put the lights on and the fake had built in lights. Year 2 and some of the lights do not work!! :-):-)
[Reply]
shilala 08:47 AM 11-30-2010
I've always had a real tree, like forever. Last year I got a fake one. It's fake from here on out, even though I enjoy a real tree lots better.
A fake tree is just easier and I don't have to water it, etc., etc...
I think the biggest reason is that I always liked to drag the kids out to cut a tree or pick out a Charlie Brown tree. They always liked giving a really awful tree a good home, and we always had the very worst of Christmas trees. It made them feel good and it was fun.
Now they got old and they don't even care if we have a tree. Fortunately for me, Lisa loves a tree. She claims we'll have two this year. It'll be nice to do the tree thing with her, cause I enjoy it, too. :-)
[Reply]
tchariya 09:01 AM 11-30-2010
fake ones....they still feel nice in my hands.
wait what...oh yeah...trees...heh
[Reply]
Ogre 09:09 AM 11-30-2010
With the cost increase of real trees I switched to fake 3 years ago. I picked up a $600, 9 foot tree for $250 at Home Depot the day after Christmas. After next year it will have paid for itself. I prefer the smell and tradition of the real, but cost is getting out of hand.
[Reply]
KillerCelt 12:23 AM 12-01-2010
I've always done real trees, but next year my girlfriend and I will likely be living together and she has terrible pine allergies. She told me that if it's that important to me, we can get a real one, but I don't think I could live with myself knowing how miserable it would make her feel. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up