Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
All Cigar Discussion>Sam To Leave Oliva and NUB
massphatness 11:43 AM 11-05-2010
[Reply]
Slow Triathlete 12:05 PM 11-05-2010
Doesn't really effect me.

As long as they keep putting out the G Series and the V Lanceros it doesn't rock my boat.
[Reply]
Brutus2600 12:10 PM 11-05-2010
Is there a reason some of you genuinely seem to dislike Sam besides your dislike for Nubs? I mean...I'm honestly interested in knowing why if you do, because all I've heard are good things about the guy and I'd hate to keep thinking that if he's some huge d*ck or something.

I'm not trying to troll or anything, I'm really am just curious. If you want to take it to PM or just post it here, either way. It's just inquiring minds want to know :-)
[Reply]
massphatness 12:15 PM 11-05-2010
I find him to be a tiny bit Favre-like in that he comes across as a narcissistic know-it-all. I drank the Kool-Aid way back when too. My opinion only.
[Reply]
Darrell 12:17 PM 11-05-2010
His cigars suck ass. That's reason enough for me to not like him. :-)
[Reply]
Brutus2600 12:21 PM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by massphatness:
I find him to be a tiny bit Favre-like in that he comes across as a narcissistic know-it-all. I drank the Kool-Aid way back when too. My opinion only.
That's what I asked for :-) Thanks for the input

Originally Posted by Darrell:
His cigars suck ass. That's reason enough for me to not like him. :-)
Understandable, at least I know where your comments are coming from now :-)
[Reply]
Da Klugs 01:02 PM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by Brutus2600:
Is there a reason some of you genuinely seem to dislike Sam besides your dislike for Nubs? I mean...I'm honestly interested in knowing why if you do, because all I've heard are good things about the guy and I'd hate to keep thinking that if he's some huge d*ck or something.

I'm not trying to troll or anything, I'm really am just curious. If you want to take it to PM or just post it here, either way. It's just inquiring minds want to know :-)

In case the reference is lost... it's P T Barnum in the pic.

The issue has to do with this board and the intentions of those that participate and contribute. When someone is here for the sole purpose of promoting thier business interests... they are a vendor not a brother. Nothing wrong with that, just that at times folks seem to confuse the issue and there are a number of folks here that choose to put forth reminders on the subject when it gets too much to bear. There are others that although they are vendors also participate in the community and are considered brothers ...with benefits. Understanding the distinction between the 2 is the issue for interpreting comments of folks here.

That and the fact that many view the "sweet spot" promotion as Marketing huey. Some worship the concept on a (Nub)stand - some don't. Its a free country.
[Reply]
Brutus2600 01:20 PM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
The issue has to do with this board and the intentions of those that participate and contribute. When someone is here for the sole purpose of promoting thier business interests... they are a vendor not a brother. Nothing wrong with that, just that at times folks seem to confuse the issue and there are a number of folks here that choose to put forth reminders on the subject when it gets too much to bear. There are others that although they are vendors also participate in the community and are considered brothers ...with benefits. Understanding the distinction between the 2 is the issue for interpreting comments of folks here.
I think this clears a lot of it up. Thanks for the post :-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 01:44 PM 11-05-2010
I really wish it was Monday.
[Reply]
mmblz 01:56 PM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:

In case the reference is lost... it's P T Barnum in the pic.

That and the fact that many view the "sweet spot" promotion as Marketing huey. Some worship the concept on a (Nub)stand - some don't. Its a free country.
Further shades of gray - some vendors who only post about their business are at least humble and responsive, two qualities I have not seen from Sam. This was more exaggerated at "the old place" where he posted he would be around to answer questions, immediately got some honest and interesting questions, and promptly disappeared.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:08 PM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by mmblz:
Further shades of gray - some vendors who only post about their business are at least humble and responsive, two qualities I have not seen from Sam. This was more exaggerated at "the old place" where he posted he would be around to answer questions, immediately got some honest and interesting questions, and promptly disappeared.
Right after he chastized the Mod Team for not allowing him immediate access to all Forums, as making him wait the 24 hours that everyone else had to wait was "ridiculous".
[Reply]
Doctorossi 02:10 PM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Between this and Glorbal Warming, I don't know how I will sleep tonight.
Uh-oh! Tom's Nub itches. :-)
[Reply]
Brutus2600 02:11 PM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by mmblz:
Right after he chastized the Mod Team for not allowing him immediate access to all Forums, as making him wait the 24 hours that everyone else had to wait was "ridiculous".
Hrmm, both things that I wasn't aware of.

As with the previous posts, thank you for your info/input :-)
[Reply]
Brutus2600 02:12 PM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by Doctorossi:
Uh-oh! Tom's Nub itches. :-)
They have medication for that :-)
[Reply]
Da Klugs 02:12 PM 11-05-2010
Hey he's a busy guy. :-)
[Reply]
Doctorossi 02:13 PM 11-05-2010
What would Sam Leccia know about things that are ridiculous?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:32 PM 11-05-2010
Image Image
[Reply]
Doctorossi 02:34 PM 11-05-2010
Some rock, eyeroll. :-)

:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 02:50 PM 11-05-2010
He definitely threw a tantrum. He demanded we grant him access. Didn't respectfully ask. Demanded he be treated differently. Needless to say, that went over like a fart at a funeral.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
GTsetGO 02:51 PM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
He definitely threw a tantrum. He demanded we grant him access. Didn't respectfully ask. Demanded he be treated differently. Needless to say, that went over like a fart at a funeral.
Posted via Mobile Device
what, you say that like it isn't a good thing.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up