Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Gurkha Spec Ops
ckay 10:01 AM 10-12-2010
Gurkha is known for high MSRP. Look at the Centurian...$35 retail, but sell for $5.
[Reply]
Louistogies 11:38 AM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by Lumpold:
[thread-jack]
So, according to the Corona website, these are supposed to retail at $500, and they can sell them for $160? Something smells of BS there - do NC manufacturers artificially inflate RRP so everyone thinks they're getting a blinding deal?
[/thread-jack]
I was thinking the same thing.
[Reply]
jjmitchem 05:57 AM 10-15-2010
:-)

My gift from my wife arrived this week!! very nice! I promise to get some pics up, there are two other Soldiers who got this set also and at least one more on its way so I am waiting to get a pic of all of us together - will have to send that to Gurkha!!

As far as the cigars - very nice, as expected of Gurkha, I smoked one the frist night it was here - I usually let them sit for a few days when cigars get to us in Iraq but I figured that was what the pelican case was for :-) This is a very smooth two hour smoke!!

The coin is very nice - those military types will understand the value of this

The knife, though not claimed by Extrema Ratio (I sent them an email and got a very short response back - "no that is not ours") is very nice and well made. The only engraving on it is Gurkha but the drop leg sheath does have "made in Italy" on it - where Extrema Ratio is produced. The knife does look exactly like there Doberman II

All in all - very good deal and a neat way to celebrate our deployment here.

As far as Gurkha - Smoke What You Like, Like What You Smoke!!!!!

Chappy - Cigar 6
[Reply]
LostAbbott 06:59 AM 10-15-2010
Do you know what kind of steel the knife is made from?
[Reply]
jjmitchem 07:13 AM 10-15-2010
Not yet, going to take the handle off and see if it is stamped but I need to find an allen wrench to do that.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 09:38 AM 10-15-2010
that would be sweet if it is 154cm or something similar. It wouls totally make this a sick deal.
[Reply]
jjmitchem 11:22 PM 11-05-2010
As promised - finally took our FOB Cobra Spec Ops Cigar Pic

These cigars are great, smooth, spicy and about an hour and half smoke

Forces you to sit and relieve the stress for a little bit!!
[Reply]
icehog3 11:32 PM 11-05-2010
Enjoy the "down time", Chappy...and thank you for all you do. :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 11:33 PM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by jjmitchem:

Well that's good to hear the cigars are good. Not so sure about the knife :-) :-)

:-)

My gift from my wife arrived this week!! very nice! I promise to get some pics up, there are two other Soldiers who got this set also and at least one more on its way so I am waiting to get a pic of all of us together - will have to send that to Gurkha!!

As far as the cigars - very nice, as expected of Gurkha, I smoked one the frist night it was here - I usually let them sit for a few days when cigars get to us in Iraq but I figured that was what the pelican case was for :-) This is a very smooth two hour smoke!!

The coin is very nice - those military types will understand the value of this

The knife, though not claimed by Extrema Ratio (I sent them an email and got a very short response back - "no that is not ours") is very nice and well made. The only engraving on it is Gurkha but the drop leg sheath does have "made in Italy" on it - where Extrema Ratio is produced. The knife does look exactly like there Doberman II

All in all - very good deal and a neat way to celebrate our deployment here.

As far as Gurkha - Smoke What You Like, Like What You Smoke!!!!!

Chappy - Cigar 6
My guess is it's a china cheapie knock off of the extreme ratio..... Either way I got some good money on the blade being made of 440C or Aus 8 steel. If not definitely a lesser version of these IE (440A or aus 4/6)

If I were making this knife I would've had Microtech put out a Ultratech to go with it or at least a Socom.
[Reply]
sikk50 11:26 AM 11-06-2010

Thank you for your service! :-)
[Reply]
ipadforgoodcigar 01:14 PM 08-01-2011
FYI, Corona Cigar Co. just got another shipment of the Spec Ops cigar/knife combo. This time in a yellow case.

If you missed it last time this is another shot at it.

I really enjoyed the last one, can't wait to get this one too.

http://www.coronacigar.com/products/...ife-combo.html
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up