Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
General Discussion>Just a note...
E.J. 08:37 PM 09-28-2010
I happened on this place almost exactly a year ago.... So pleased I did, it is really an amazing community.

A BIG thanks to the TOE and to the members of CA that make this place what it is....
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 08:43 PM 09-28-2010
A day without The Asylum is like......night. Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as knowledge, friendship, :-), and an almost fanatical devotion to the TOE!

MCS
[Reply]
Cigar_Noob 10:11 PM 09-28-2010
Originally Posted by stewshi:
Thanks to the 11
Alrighty, I need to know who the 11 where/are and why they are so loved :-) :-) Sounds like there may be an interesting story behind it.
[Reply]
Jbailey 10:30 PM 09-28-2010
I can't say thank you enough to the TOE.

I've got the chance to meet some of the greatest people and honored to call them friends. The cigars are just perks.

:-)

plus these are awesome. :-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:06 AM 09-29-2010
Originally Posted by Cigar_Noob:
Alrighty, I need to know who the 11 where/are and why they are so loved :-) :-) Sounds like there may be an interesting story behind it.
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14966 :-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 12:12 AM 09-29-2010
Thanks for making this great asylum for us BOTL/SOTL to reside at :-)
[Reply]
357 06:25 AM 09-29-2010
Originally Posted by CBI_2:
This place is literally indescribable. People can not comprehend this place and the wonderful inmates when you try to explain it to them.
I think this is what the TOE was trying to preserve two years ago. CA is like an extended family. Due to the mergers the feeling of family was quickly being watered down and on the brink of completely disappearing. You can't explain it outsiders. They have to experience it to understand.

It's kind of like Shack Herf. You can show pictures, list off attendees, the menu, the drinks, the activities, or even the amazing cigars that get passed around but, you still won't get it until you attend. It is CigarAsylum personified. Everything we love about CA only in person, face to face, and in a perfect setting.

Just my :-). Thanks again TOE,
Mike
[Reply]
Chingas 06:56 AM 09-29-2010
Many thanks to the ToE for my new family and to everyone here for all my new friendships. :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 07:14 AM 09-29-2010
Yippee! :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 08:21 AM 09-29-2010
Sweet,thanks everyone! :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 08:34 AM 09-29-2010
I posted this last year... and it is still true. :-)

Originally Posted by :
Do you guys remember what it was like a year ago?

I was nearly despondent...
All the changes at our former home were frustrating at best... and infuriating at worst. I truly felt like something I had come to appreciate deeply had been irrevocably destroyed - and I was saddened by that. Accusations flew, friendships were strained... betrayals, and accusations of betrayals were rampant. My cherished little community was crumbling...

Then, all the mods left "en masse!" I wasn't sure what to think, but very soon I heard that 11 men that I trusted had decided the time had come to start a new forum. A difficut decision, I'm sure. Tons of work and criticism everywhere. But you 11 believed something of that incredible community could be salvaged.

You were right.

I probably sound foolish or melodramatic with my characterization of the Fall of 2008, but that is how I felt. I could say "thank you" for what you 11 men did, but truthfully? "Thank you" just doesn't begin to convey my gratitude.

I hope you all can derive some gratification and satisfaction from the number of folks who have made CA their on-line home. Not just CS expatriates, but the new folks who come here everyday and find the very best parts of what the jungle meant to us all.

Forgive the verbosity... I could have gone on for several more pages.

Please just know that you have made a huge positive impact in the life of a graying, chubby, novice cigar smoker in North Carolina - who thinks of you as family. Blessings on each of you.

[Reply]
Da Klugs 08:52 AM 09-29-2010
Its cool that so many people have chosen to make this a community through their participation and energy. I have always viewed the forum as "community owned". No active participants - no community. Those of us who were "Forum Software aware" got the ball rolling. Julian (MMBLZ) in particular is the reason this got off the ground technically. The TOE spent a couple weeks getting forums, rules, look and feel etc. set-up 2 years ago and continue to play janitor when there is a cleanup on aisle 3 issue. But, for the past 2 years everyone here has made it what it is.

Kudos to every member who contributes in their own unique way to make this place what it is. The 4680 rock! :-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 09:18 AM 09-29-2010
I want to add my thanks to The Eleven. This is the only forum of any kind that I regularly visit and it is through their efforts that it exists.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 10:09 AM 09-29-2010
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
and an almost fanatical devotion to the TOE!
We appreciate the fanaticism :-)

Dave is correct, this forum is only as good as its members. And we're the best around :-)

And Joe, thank you for your post
[Reply]
markem 12:35 PM 09-29-2010
Hey, I'm coming up on my anniversary. Anyone else? :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 02:23 PM 09-29-2010
Originally Posted by markem:
Wow... what a coincidence! Two years for me... what about you? :-)
[Reply]
poker 02:27 PM 09-29-2010
Originally Posted by markem:
:-)

Silly man:-)
[Reply]
gorob23 01:44 PM 09-30-2010
Originally Posted by Cigar_Noob:
11.5 :-)

Rob :-)
[Reply]
poker 01:47 PM 09-30-2010
0.5 only counts if you can fix computers :-)

silly man
[Reply]
gorob23 01:50 PM 09-30-2010
Originally Posted by poker:
0.5 only counts if you can fix computers :-)

silly man
it found the i p address :-) but still no internet....I am not done yet :-) as I get older I find that I do enjoy life more :-)

Rob :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up