Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
General Discussion>A plea to use the advanced search function before starting a thread.
Da Klugs 12:30 PM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
Original post had good intentions. Hope I didn't make things worse. Fading....................

MCS

:-) - fodder is always appreciated by those of us dwelling in the forest floor of humor.

and an actual serious answer:

Dedicated sever, Mirrored drives, Dual core processor with lots of ram, and though not really serch performance related... 1000mb dedicated bandwidth = no biggie for site performance so far.
[Reply]
hotreds 12:33 PM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Need a search function for my humi... where the fck are those..._______?

Would like to advance a thought on using search. Just don't have one.
I started to do this, and gave it up as not worth the effort- but it works:

An Excel spreadsheet with the cigar in one column and location in the next. Searchable by cigar or location.
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 01:18 PM 09-09-2010
Original post had good intentions. Hope I didn't make things worse. Fading....................

MCS
King of Swamp Castle: Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who.

Remember, its just a flesh wound...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Mugen910 01:25 PM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by poker:
who deserves to be banned today? :-)

I'll take one for the team...
[Reply]
SilverFox 01:29 PM 09-09-2010
What the hell I will wade in on the other side of the fence.

Let me first start off by saying I fully agree that search is your friend and that there is a ton of great information to be found by using the tool.

Let me flip the coin............this is a forum..........a centre for discussion and interaction not just a repository of useful (and useless) information. So if all new people ever did was use the search then very quickly there would be nothing on the new post page (a button I use about every 15 seconds) but banter and bomb updates............ok that is in the extreme but the point is still somewhat valid...........I think.

I also think that often if a question is brought up..................or re brought up (how is that for murder of the English language) that it may bring something new to the light of day or a different viewpoint than what might be embedded in search. In the grand scheme of things if we don't wish to respond to a question that has been posed time and time again we can easily move on to the next thread.

Now again I mentioned earlier I agree with search, I often use it to point out threads to people that may have missed it and tell them to go there for some great information.

Hmmmmmmmmmm seems to me I have posted something like this before............I should have searched it (tongue firmly planted in cheek)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 01:49 PM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by SilverFox:
What the hell I will wade in on the other side of the fence.

Let me first start off by saying I fully agree that search is your friend and that there is a ton of great information to be found by using the tool.

Let me flip the coin............this is a forum..........a centre for discussion and interaction not just a repository of useful (and useless) information. So if all new people ever did was use the search then very quickly there would be nothing on the new post page (a button I use about every 15 seconds) but banter and bomb updates............ok that is in the extreme but the point is still somewhat valid...........I think.

I also think that often if a question is brought up..................or re brought up (how is that for murder of the English language) that it may bring something new to the light of day or a different viewpoint than what might be embedded in search. In the grand scheme of things if we don't wish to respond to a question that has been posed time and time again we can easily move on to the next thread.

Now again I mentioned earlier I agree with search, I often use it to point out threads to people that may have missed it and tell them to go there for some great information.

Hmmmmmmmmmm seems to me I have posted something like this before............I should have searched it (tongue firmly planted in cheek)

Oh my, then. Nevermind.

MCS
[Reply]
poker 01:57 PM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
I'll take one for the team...
Cant do it Bao. The Asylum would suffer as a result of lack of participation. :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 02:24 PM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by poker:
Cant do it Bao. The Asylum would suffer as a result of lack of participation. :-)
chicken!!!

:-)
[Reply]
JaKaacH 02:24 PM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Bao, I don't have a basement. :-)
You can rent mine...Send money to J
[Reply]
Da Klugs 02:42 PM 09-09-2010
I'm wearing pants with no pockets but still have $ 1.26 "on me".
[Reply]
replicant_argent 02:44 PM 09-09-2010
I'm wearing pants with no pockets but still have $ 1.26 "on me".
Hey.. wanna earn 14 dollars... The hard way?
[Reply]
ade06 02:45 PM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
[Reply]
Da Klugs 02:48 PM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Just watched making of Caddyshack last weekend. What a classic flick. Rodney rocked the house in his first movie.

No matter where you go, there you are.
[Reply]
galaga 04:14 PM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
chicken!!!

Be careful Bao, you just might find yourself visiting Disneyland......:-)
No matter where you go, there you are.
Ya, but it took almost two years to get there......:-)

Denunciate those youngins MCS, denunciate 'em.:-)
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 05:05 PM 09-09-2010
I remember back at Louie's house we always said the Search is your friend.

IMHO - it is so much more useful to bring up a post if it addresses the same subject. It doesn't matter if you agree with what's written or not however it does place it within a certain context which I believe is most useful.

It is kind of fun to see what Mr. Klugman would have smoked on that desert Island 3 years ago, 2 years ago, etc...

I still vote pie over cake however YMMV!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
TXRebel 06:51 AM 09-10-2010
Image :-)
[Reply]
neoflex 06:55 AM 09-10-2010
What are your guys thoughts of the 8-5-8 Sungrown? J/K:-) I of course had to add my .02 or lack there of.:-):-)
[Reply]
Sailchaser 06:58 AM 09-10-2010
You have to be able to spell to use search properly
counts me out
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 10:00 AM 09-10-2010
You guys are making me cry:

MCS
:-). Ok... Made me laugh out loud.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
icantbejon 10:08 AM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Do you like me?
This question should be posted in with a poll.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up