Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Sports>Texas Rangers Fans
The Poet 02:20 PM 10-15-2010
Originally Posted by Zens7s:
Game 4 is in Arlington. Either that or the Texas Rangers are really bad about selling tickets! I used to live in Midtown Manhattan and my best friend and a bunch of friends still live in the city so luckily I've got crash pads but cozy sounds nice too. ;0) I was just up there three weeks ago. Had a seven day mental vacation.

No, maybe just about naming them. They likely mean the 4th game scheduled for Arlington, if necessary, which would actually be Game 7, not Game 4. But they have a good excuse, I guess . . . as they ain't never been there, how the hell are they supposed to know? By this time every other year, they were counting strokes on the golf course. :-)

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...matchupcapsule

And the next time you come east for a break, give the NYC-area crew a head's-up and maybe we can set up a herf. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 10:15 AM 10-16-2010
Originally Posted by acruce:
I think the Rangers have a stronger bullpen than the Yankees.
Yeah, they sure showed it last night. The Yankee pen went 5 innings with no runs, and that 12-hop bleeder against Mo in the 9th being the only hit allowed. Meanwhile, the Ranger pen gave up the lead and the game without recording an out in the 8th.

Hey, I know little of the Texas pen, but I thought that a bogus opinion when I saw it. The Yanks have been solid out of the pen all season.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:18 AM 10-16-2010
Let's go Yankees!!
[Reply]
acruce 03:35 PM 10-16-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Yeah, they sure showed it last night. The Yankee pen went 5 innings with no runs, and that 12-hop bleeder against Mo in the 9th being the only hit allowed. Meanwhile, the Ranger pen gave up the lead and the game without recording an out in the 8th.

Hey, I know little of the Texas pen, but I thought that a bogus opinion when I saw it. The Yanks have been solid out of the pen all season.
I will give you that. We fell apart last night.
[Reply]
acruce 08:44 PM 10-16-2010
Nice win for thr Rangers:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:20 PM 10-16-2010
Originally Posted by acruce:
Nice win for thr Rangers:-)
Nice! I thought they would be swept, but I guess I was wrong. Go Hamilton!
[Reply]
acruce 10:14 AM 10-17-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Nice! I thought they would be swept, but I guess I was wrong. Go Hamilton!
This will be a long series. Rangers in 7
[Reply]
Zens7s 12:15 PM 10-18-2010
No, maybe just about naming them. They likely mean the 4th game scheduled for Arlington, if necessary, which would actually be Game 7, not Game 4. But they have a good excuse, I guess . . . as they ain't never been there, how the hell are they supposed to know? By this time every other year, they were counting strokes on the golf course. :-)

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...matchupcapsule

And the next time you come east for a break, give the NYC-area crew a head's-up and maybe we can set up a herf. :-)
LOL - yes, dear you are correct for the ALCS. :-) I said I had tickets to the World Series provided that the Rangers get past the Yankees.

And I will let you know next time I'm in the city and we shall HERF.

Go Rangers tonight!
[Reply]
The Poet 02:40 PM 10-18-2010
Originally Posted by Zens7s:
LOL - yes, dear you are correct for the ALCS. :-) I said I had tickets to the World Series provided that the Rangers get past the Yankees.

And I will let you know next time I'm in the city and we shall HERF.

Go Rangers tonight!
World Series? Forgive me if I misread, but my eyesight ain't what it used to be, Sparkles. BTW, that IS a picture of a female as your avatar, right? :-)

Congartulations. Good win for your Rangers Saturday. I'm sure the fans at the game enjoyed getting a post-season win at home . . . finally. Now let's see how hot their bats are, playing October baseball in The Bronx, with a game-time temp of 48 or so. :-)
[Reply]
acruce 06:03 PM 10-18-2010
World Series? Forgive me if I misread, but my eyesight ain't what it used to be, Sparkles. BTW, that IS a picture of a female as your avatar, right? :-)

Congartulations. Good win for your Rangers Saturday. I'm sure the fans at the game enjoyed getting a post-season win at home . . . finally. Now let's see how hot their bats are, playing October baseball in The Bronx, with a game-time temp of 48 or so. :-)
Should be a good game!!!!
[Reply]
Zens7s 12:03 AM 10-19-2010

Why yes, that does appear to be a female in my Avatar. I'd pretend it isn't me but there's too many people floating around here to dispute my lie. :-)

So forgive me for not keeping up on that rough night in The Bronx with that awful game time temp...I was over at Croatan's house watching the Oprah marathon. Did we win? [Zen bats eyelashes] [batting practice pays off] :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 04:18 PM 10-19-2010
And did you learn that eye-flutter up in Chicago, or is it something you picked up from the Texas belles? :-)

It was a decent game, up to a point anyway. Andy was good, and Lee was better. I predicted elsewhere that A.J. would get hammered, so we'll see if your Rangers can put a stranglehold on the series tonight. But to quote the quintessential Yankee, "It ain't over 'til it's over". :-)
[Reply]
white_s2k 10:13 PM 10-19-2010
How 'bout them Rangers???
[Reply]
TonySmith 10:21 PM 10-19-2010
the Rangers are looking very good. Hate to be to positive and jinx them. Anyway, another good game, i think they could go all the way.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:23 PM 10-20-2010
Loving this!!!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
acruce 08:06 PM 10-20-2010
I think this may be there year!!
[Reply]
JDTexan 12:55 PM 10-27-2010
Tonights the night, GO RANGERS!!!!!!
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 04:32 AM 10-31-2010
Not a Rangers fan but I am a Giant's hater!

Let's tie this series up!!! Come on!!!
[Reply]
acruce 08:04 AM 10-31-2010
Hopefully Big Game Tommy Hunter will have a good outing and the Rangers can put together another win tonight.
[Reply]
Zens7s 10:28 AM 10-31-2010
I'm gearing up right now to go to my first World Series game EVER! I'm so excited, especially after last night's win, that I can barely concentrate.

GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up