Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Sports>Landis admits doping
Don Fernando 09:55 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
I think Contador is innocent. The amount was so small and he was clean the day before and after. There has to be spirit behind the tests too.
I don't think he's innocent. Yes, the amount was small, but there are other indications that he used a blood transfusion. Combine that with his involvement with Doctor De La Fuentes and I see red flags. I know it's not enough to get him conviced, but it is a sign.
[Reply]
gvarsity 11:22 AM 10-05-2010
I think Contador is a jerk but I don't know enough about the current doping to condemn him. I still think it is likely he was doping but am willing to wait and see how it plays out.

I suspect that Armstrong didn't violate the letter of the law in doping but was way out ahead of the law and taking things that were not yet identified and classified as doping agents and/or couldn't be tested for by labs. I think that combined with a genetic anomaly of a heart and lung capacity, plus the unique opportunity to completely rebuild his body to fit competitive cycling following his cancer created a unique human specimen perfectly engineered for cycling.

Still I don't think that was the main reason USPS was so dominant. I'm no expert but it is my understanding is that as a team they were amazingly focused and tactically sound that they could manipulate the peloton in ways no other team could. I think people forget that cycling in the TdF is a team sport and no individual rider can win it on his own. One of the reasons I dislike Contador is because he proved to be incredibly selfish within his own team.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up