Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
General Discussion>Mac Or PC
AD720 08:27 AM 04-11-2010
Greg read the other thread. You are not going to get an answer. People are going to argue for a week, you are going to get confused and it's going end up with everyone saying get what's right you for and you will end up not getting anything because you are so confused.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 08:29 AM 04-11-2010
or you could just bite the bullet and buy a Commodore 64.
[Reply]
Kreth 08:40 AM 04-11-2010
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
or you could just bite the bullet and buy a Commodore 64.
Commodore sucks! Go with a TRS-80. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
longknocker 06:21 PM 04-14-2010
Just Wanted To Let Everyone Know. I Ordered An IMAC 21.5 Today!:-)
Thanks For The Advice, Everyone!:-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 06:22 PM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
AWESOME!:-) Which specs did you go with?
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:27 PM 04-14-2010
I haven't read this thread... but I can say as a Mac user since 1991... I really don't think you will be disappointed if you use the computer for what most of us use them for today:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 06:28 PM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
AWESOME!:-) Which specs did you go with?
Upgraded To The More expensive & Hopefully Better Video Card With 1 TB HD. Airport Express To Make My Old HP Printer Wireless. Went With The Standard 4MB RAM & Decided Not To Order Windows 7 At This Time. What Do You Have?:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 06:29 PM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
I haven't read this thread... but I can say as a Mac user since 1991... I really don't think you will be disappointed if you use the computer for what most of us use them for today:-)
Good To Hear, Brent!:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 06:33 PM 04-14-2010
Here's A Picture:
http://www.apple.com/imac/
[Reply]
AD720 07:15 PM 04-14-2010
:-):-)
[Reply]
Blueface 07:18 PM 04-14-2010
Here's A Picture:
http://www.apple.com/imac/
Nice!!!
Welcome to the Apple world.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 07:25 PM 04-14-2010
Upgraded To The More expensive & Hopefully Better Video Card With 1 TB HD. Airport Express To Make My Old HP Printer Wireless. Went With The Standard 4MB RAM & Decided Not To Order Windows 7 At This Time. What Do You Have?:-)
I purchased mine through our college bookstore about two years ago by way of a scholarship. To my good fortune one of the faculty had returned the system due to an upgraded version coming out. All this means is that it's a three year old model. Not nearly as cool as yours but she's still running flawlessly!

My model is the 24", 2.4 Ghz Core Duo, HD Radeon 2700, 300 G HD, and came with 2 G of RAM. I upgraded to 4 G easily and inexpensively with Crucial Memory. You can upgrade to 16 G of RAM I think should the occasion arise.

I'm fairly sure you'll be happy with your purchase. Well done Greg.:-)

I suggest getting Apple Care if you haven't already. The Time Machine is also wonderful as a wireless N base station and wireless backup unit.
[Reply]
longknocker 08:55 PM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
I purchased mine through our college bookstore about two years ago by way of a scholarship. To my good fortune one of the faculty had returned the system due to an upgraded version coming out. All this means is that it's a three year old model. Not nearly as cool as yours but she's still running flawlessly!

My model is the 24", 2.4 Ghz Core Duo, HD Radeon 2700, 300 G HD, and came with 2 G of RAM. I upgraded to 4 G easily and inexpensively with Crucial Memory. You can upgrade to 16 G of RAM I think should the occasion arise.

I'm fairly sure you'll be happy with your purchase. Well done Greg.:-)

I suggest getting Apple Care if you haven't already. The Time Machine is also wonderful as a wireless N base station and wireless backup unit.
Thanks, Mario!:-) I Did Get The Apple Care As Recommended By Many. Now I Just Have To Learn The New "Language"!:-)
[Reply]
goalie204 09:07 PM 04-14-2010
just my 2 cents: ive been using macs and pcs for as long as i can remember, and i like them both. If my pc died, i wouldn't buy a new one, but if my mac did, i would buy a new one :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 03:45 AM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by goalie204:
just my 2 cents: ive been using macs and pcs for as long as i can remember, and i like them both. If my pc died, i wouldn't buy a new one, but if my mac did, i would buy a new one :-)
Good Recommendation!:-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 03:49 AM 04-15-2010
Congrats on the computer Greg :-)

Looks like we are both taking the leap into the Mac world together :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 03:55 AM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Congrats on the computer Greg :-)

Looks like we are both taking the leap into the Mac world together :-)
:-) Which One Did You Get?
[Reply]
newcigarz 04:14 AM 04-15-2010
congrats!
[Reply]
longknocker 04:21 AM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
congrats!
Thanks, Tony!:-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 05:20 AM 04-15-2010
:-) Which One Did You Get?
Ordered the new Macbook Pro 15" with the i7 processor :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up