Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 45 > Last »
General Discussion>Did anyone order an iPad yet?
tedrodgerscpa 03:21 PM 03-31-2010
Netbook FTW!

But then again, I really don't like virtual keyboards.
[Reply]
JE3146 04:00 PM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
Got an email yesterday. My iPad shipped from Shenzhen China via UPS. They didn't ship my slipcover thingie with it. Go figure, right?
When I looked yesterday, I thought it was coming from Connecticut. I tracked it awhile ago and finally realized it's coming from China. It might never get here. Grrr.
My macbook pro shipped from china and arrived to west coast US in less than 3 days. It shipped Fed Ex though.
[Reply]
DBall 06:32 PM 03-31-2010
I have not, but I have not gotten my iPeriod yet, either... :-)
[Reply]
0002S 06:40 PM 03-31-2010
iWait until they lower the price and add more gig after all the iFirstAdopters jump on board
[Reply]
T.G 08:22 PM 03-31-2010
iStillHaven't
[Reply]
shilala 09:46 AM 04-01-2010
My pad is still in China. It only took two days for the billing info to go through.
It's killing me.
[Reply]
King James 10:13 AM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by jaymz:
I used to own a tc1100 ...

haha I love these :-)

Usually I'll try to point out the errors and things these leave out.... but for now I will just say, you can use USB on it and it does have a headphone jack

edit: and Scott, I don't think pre-ordered ones come in until the 3rd from what I read
[Reply]
shilala 11:18 AM 04-02-2010
Activity:
04/01/2010 * 9:13 PM
ANCHORAGE, AK, US

It's only a couple thousand miles away now. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:01 PM 04-02-2010
Scott, I can tell by the way you typed your message that you have the shakes pretty bad... You really need to do something about those withdrawal symptoms :-)
[Reply]
Cyclone 01:25 PM 04-02-2010
Originally Posted by 0002S:
iWait until they lower the price and add more gig after all the iFirstAdopters jump on board
iFirstAdopters -->> iLemmings :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Prospector 01:42 PM 04-02-2010
PC Mag just ran a review for anyone interested:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2362042,00.asp
[Reply]
thebayratt 08:15 PM 04-02-2010
I don't even have and IPod let alone an Iphone or an IPad.

I can't see myself in that much to use the internet or read a book when I'm "on the go". I can't use it at work, I'd get fired, internet/cell phone usage on the clock is NSFW. I have a basic cell phone with a camera, Mp3 player, and a full color screen; no internet,GPS, level, Apps etc.... I call it "my dumb phone".
I myself am a simple guy. I already pay $50 a month for internet at my house, so I can't see paying any more to use it outside my home (on an IPad or cell).

I am not knocking any of the "I" devices, they are just not my cup of tea,
Got better things to spend my money on like cheap wemen and expensive alcohaul (or is it the other way around ¿)
[Reply]
shilala 12:42 PM 04-03-2010
The iPad arrived at my house today, but I'm in Ohio.
Sofaman (Scott) was good enough to run down to my house and get it off the porch and put it away.
Can't wait to play with it tomorrow. I'm most excited to watch ball games on it, I just got a subscription to MLB.com. I'll try to do a review wheni figure out if it sucks or not. I don't have any expectations to mention, aside from seeing how well it handles streamed media, beit from the intersne or from my network.
[Reply]
0002S 08:17 PM 04-03-2010
Got one today at store for wife. Putting it throught its passes now. MLB TV is much better than on the phone.

In short, this is really more about how it does it rather than what it does. It's a game changer and is only going to get better over time.
[Reply]
King James 10:29 AM 04-04-2010
The dictionary implemented within the iBook app is amazing. I could see it being really helpful, especially for scholarly reading for school but even for just any book. I know I'm often hesitant to go grab a dictionary for words I don't know, especially when you can sometimes get by with using context clues, but having the dictionary automatically find the word right there for you is great.

here is a fairly extensive review of the iPad with a video in the middle
[Reply]
Darrell 10:32 AM 04-04-2010
The iPad arrived at my house today, but I'm in Ohio.
Sofaman (Scott) was good enough to run down to my house and get it off the porch and put it away.
Can't wait to play with it tomorrow. I'm most excited to watch ball games on it, I just got a subscription to MLB.com. I'll try to do a review wheni figure out if it sucks or not. I don't have any expectations to mention, aside from seeing how well it handles streamed media, beit from the intersne or from my network.
It handles streamed data like a BOSS!

My buddy is one of the graphics developers for the project and he brought the 64GB version in on Friday to let me play with it. I watched Netflix on it and it was awesome.

I probably would not buy one, just because I don't need it, but it's pretty rad.
[Reply]
shilala 04:36 PM 04-06-2010
I haven't put my iPad down since I got it. I could not possibly be more pleased.
I've used it mostly for surfing and streaming video, but I'm leaning more on it for working every day.
It is the most comfortable and pleasurable web appliance I've ever experienced, and I've really not begun to use it in a fashion it's capable of.
I'm looking forward to reading some books that I've put off forever. The ibooks interface is incredible.
I really wish you guys could all take it for a spin, just for the cool factor. It's fun. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:52 PM 04-06-2010
Thank you iPad. AAPL as of today closed just under $240/share. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 05:13 PM 04-06-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Thank you iPad. AAPL as of today closed just under $240/share. :-)
Sell!!! :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:13 PM 04-06-2010
Sell!!! :-)

depends...

I'll leave it at that.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 45 > Last »
Up