Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Legend's rating system
68TriShield 09:08 AM 02-17-2009
68TriShield thanks Legend for sharing his rating system though he will continue to use his "suck-does not suck" rating system :-)
[Reply]
borndead1 09:24 AM 02-17-2009
THREADJACK

borndead1's rating system:

Fantastic -- must stockpile as many as I can
Very good -- nice smoke, will keep some on hand
Meh -- hold onto them and see if they get better
YUCK -- throw them away

:-)
[Reply]
tobii3 09:31 AM 02-17-2009
I said it here....

Tobii rating

it doesn't get any easier
[Reply]
TheRiddick 11:23 AM 02-17-2009
Legend,

I have no issues with your system or anyone else's. I did and do have an issue with anyone who claims "his system" is better than someone else's and then coming up with a "myth" to prop up the argument. Its never "better", simply different. That's all.

Rate cigars you smoke and enjoy in any which way, all I care to see is the actual description of the experience, score independent.
[Reply]
markem 11:25 AM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
68TriShield thanks Legend for sharing his rating system though he will continue to use his "suck-does not suck" rating system :-)
:-) I thought I stole my system from someone reliable ... but I guess it was just Dave.
[Reply]
pnoon 11:33 AM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
Legend,

I have no issues with your system or anyone else's. I did and do have an issue with anyone who claims "his system" is better than someone else's and then coming up with a "myth" to prop up the argument. Its never "better", simply different. That's all.

Rate cigars you smoke and enjoy in any which way, all I care to see is the actual description of the experience, score independent.
Sorry to hear you have issues. We all do.
Best to just deal with it and move on.
[Reply]
Da Klugs 11:56 AM 02-17-2009

Da Klugs also sends his thanks for the sharing and he feels that there is no one perfect system just us imperfect smokers. As such, he will continue to use his rambling dialog format for cigar review and rankings.

FWIW - Da Klugs also has a rarely used 5 point scale....

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...91&postcount=1

[Reply]
68TriShield 12:35 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by vstrommark:
:-) I thought I stole my system from someone reliable ... but I guess it was just Dave.
Dave was very hurt by Marks post :-)

[Reply]
markem 01:21 PM 02-17-2009

vstrommark had no intentions of making fun of anyone ... wait a sec ... he did!
[Reply]
14holestogie 01:22 PM 02-17-2009

Someone need a hug? :-)
[Reply]
TheRiddick 01:23 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Sorry to hear you have issues. We all do.
Best to just deal with it and move on.
There is a number of legal cases now in (or past) courts against online posters stating either "myths" or non-factual data and courts are siding with the businesses who are filing the lawsuits, as they SHOULD. But its your board and your call, of course. :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 01:25 PM 02-17-2009
let.it.go.com
[Reply]
Da Klugs 01:34 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
There is a number of legal cases now in (or past) courts against online posters stating either "myths" or non-factual data and courts are siding with the businesses who are filing the lawsuits, as they SHOULD. But its your board and your call, of course. :-)
Da Klugs heard that Vin Diesel likes cremosas and peach white owls. :-)

Just funnin. It's all good. Anyone is free to use whatever rating system they want. Given all of the good discussion on the topic, folks will place whatever weighting and adjustments they feel fit to based upon the circumstances. Personally, I've chosen to buy and or try many things based upon members smoking and posting thoughts within our community. An early lesson there is that we are all prejudiced by our inventory. One of the greatest things about our hobby is that the subject matter changes over time. One box of cigars smoked over a many year period can yield a surprisingly wide variety of results from just one reviewer.. be they numeric or descriptive. Another parallel is that the reviewers change over time as well. :-) Add to that input from different smokers and you have the layered complexity of our little world. Helps put the "discussion" in cigar.... board. :-)
[Reply]
DrDubzz 02:43 PM 02-17-2009
Usually for me

Bad

Good, won't buy again

Good, will buy again

that's my main three categories
[Reply]
Legend 06:08 PM 02-17-2009
Legend feels that the botl here feel that occasionally referring to yourself in the third person starts a trend.
[Reply]
pnoon 06:30 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by Legend:
Legend feels that the botl here feel that occasionally referring to yourself in the third person starts a trend.
Not exactly.
[Reply]
markem 06:34 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Not exactly.
VstromMark feels that Peter properly conveys the subtlety of the situation
[Reply]
pnoon 06:35 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by vstrommark:
VstromMark feels that Peter properly conveys the subtlety of the situation
pnoon (the pseudo-Arsenal fan) concurs. :-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 06:43 PM 02-17-2009
Al wonders what a butler's butler might think.

[Reply]
mmblz 07:36 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Al wonders what a butler's butler might think.

mmblz thinks the man behind the butler would approve of the use of the 3rd person but find the rating system lacking in its ability to talk about congeners...

[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
Up