Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>I think I f%cked up
acruce 05:27 PM 02-26-2010
If It's the company I think you are talking about I would try an get into production side of the business. In My opinion that side is more stable and less stress.
[Reply]
nater 06:43 PM 02-26-2010
Like others have said, not the best move to quit before you had something else, but it sounds like living expenses are covered via the wife, and there is work out there if you are willing to do something that is slightly less ideal
[Reply]
nater 07:20 PM 02-26-2010
Like others have said, not the best move to quit before you had something else, but it sounds like living expenses are covered via the wife, and there is work out there if you are willing to do something that is slightly less ideal
[Reply]
RGD. 08:09 PM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by Silound:
Check out Lowes then as well. Around here, they're hiring people with 2+ years of management experience. Last I checked, they pay 50-60k a year for store mangers.

Come think of it, I'd check Home Depot, Wal-Mart, and any other large store.
Yeah - No. I checked out Lowes last fall and during my interview they told me that the only person in the store that made $20 bucks an hour was the store manager. They wanted me to head up the plumbing department for $12 an hour. I said thanks - no thanks.

Originally Posted by andysutherland:
:-)

:-)

I probably wouldn't have quit, but me going door to door is one of those things that I just am not cut out to do either. I absolutely hate doing that kind of work. Hope you find something that is satisfying to you very soon.
:-) I would quit in a heart beat if I was asked to do door to door. Did that crap back in college. Some of us just are not cut out for sales.

Sure, it's always best to have a job before you quit - but sometimes it just does not happen. Granted it was a better time for jobs - but years ago I did the same exact thing - and 5 days later had a new job , higher pay - better working conditions. So you just never know. Keep grinding away on applications and something will turn up. Sort term - the census is hiring at up to $20 an hour depending on the area.

Best of luck to you.

Ron
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up