Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>Am I the only one that....
Blindjimme 12:30 PM 02-05-2010
I've bought various singles, the only box I've ever bought was the Serie P. They are reasonable at around $130 for 30. Mixed filler, good draw, nice taste. Would not buy again though.

Edit to say I would rather spend the money on cc's.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 02:58 PM 02-05-2010
Originally Posted by darkninja67:
I am talking about straight Tatuaje branded stuff.

I have tons of San Cristobal, LADC, DBp Cuban Classics, etc. I love those marcas.
Now I might be wrong, but the ones you listed are not Tat (Pete Johnson) blends. Tatuaje, Tatuaje VI, Tatuaje Series P, special edition Tats (Frank, Drac, Boris) and Cabaiguan are the only line I know that could truly be considered Tats.

:-)

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
issues 03:08 PM 02-05-2010
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Now I might be wrong, but the ones you listed are not Tat (Pete Johnson) blends. Tatuaje, Tatuaje VI, Tatuaje Series P, special edition Tats (Frank, Drac, Boris) and Cabaiguan are the only line I know that could truly be considered Tats.

Aren't Ambos Mundos also considered Tats?

They have the fleur de lis on the box and say Johnson & Garcia.

[Reply]
darkninja67 03:29 PM 02-05-2010
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:

Just saying I like Pepin's stuff. He did work with PJ on the Tatuaje line right?
[Reply]
maninblack 03:44 PM 02-05-2010
I have never tried one but they look damn enticing. I might buy some when I go to Outlaw in April. They seem to be well liked around these parts.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 04:08 PM 02-05-2010
That was true of me until Tuesday night. I was at Cigar Inn in NYC and a few people recommended one in a red tube. I'm noobilicious enough to not really have the faintest idea what it is but since I'd already smoked a sock knocking off Don Pepin I figured I'd save that one, so it made it to the humi where it sits, topless (the tube) soaking in 68% goodness.

(I smoked a Casa Magna that night as well and I have to say... not impressed. It was fine, sure. But people keep telling me how wonderful it is and I'm not likely to buy them unless they're remarkably cheap.)
[Reply]
iel76 04:19 PM 02-05-2010
I see no hype in this well made cigar. The Tatuaje SW Reserva is my favorite smoke...medium to full-bodied and, as importantly, beautifully constructed. I'll drop some bucks for a good cut of meat from time to time and the same for this cigar. Never had one I didn't thoroughly enjoy. Generally keep 15 or so on hand.:-)
[Reply]
jerseystepup 06:24 PM 02-05-2010
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint:
That was true of me until Tuesday night. I was at Cigar Inn in NYC and a few people recommended one in a red tube. I'm noobilicious enough to not really have the faintest idea what it is but since I'd already smoked a sock knocking off Don Pepin I figured I'd save that one, so it made it to the humi where it sits, topless (the tube) soaking in 68% goodness.

(I smoked a Casa Magna that night as well and I have to say... not impressed. It was fine, sure. But people keep telling me how wonderful it is and I'm not likely to buy them unless they're remarkably cheap.)
That my friend was very good advice you got on the red tubo... The red tubos/verocu blends are the only tats ill spend money on right now.. (as prev. said by another member in this thread, the coin that tats cost can go for twice as many better CC's..
[Reply]
Mr.Erskine 06:32 PM 02-05-2010
I do not have any Tats. I have had Tats, but I don't right now. I generally only have them if I have been given one... In fact the biggest cigar that I've ever smoked was a Tat.... It took forever to smoke and I had to lie down when i was finished.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:37 PM 02-05-2010
I have smoked a few Tats, but don't have a single one in my humi. The one's I have smoke have been decent but the price is a ripoff IMHO. I love some RP/Indian Tabac that is equal or close to Tatuaje blends that cost less than half the price.

I'm not knocking Tats, but the price is VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY overrated IMHO:-)!
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:17 PM 02-05-2010
Originally Posted by issues:
Aren't Ambos Mundos also considered Tats?

They have the fleur de lis on the box and say Johnson & Garcia.

Ah yes, another one.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:20 PM 02-05-2010
Originally Posted by darkninja67:
Just saying I like Pepin's stuff. He did work with PJ on the Tatuaje line right?
Yes he did, I believe. But I guess I thought the point of origin was the issue with Tats...

Anyway. I like much stuff done by Pepin too. And some of the stuff he's done with Johnson. Much of all of it is more expensive than I'd like to spend.
[Reply]
Goldie 10:52 PM 02-05-2010
I have a few Tat's but nothing crazy. I would say a half dozen. I enjoy Tatuajes, they are just expensive, and I am po' folk. :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:51 AM 02-06-2010
I have some because I like the variety and there are some very good Tats. The Noella Reserva and the East Coasts are two of my favorite sticks period. The pricing is tough though... A perfect example is the Noellas (not Reservas). They are a very good stick and you can tell they were blended to taste like a Monte #4. If you find a deal on them you can get them for about $150 a box. That is about 50% more than a box of Monte #4s!!! Which do you think I would buy more of???
[Reply]
Powers 05:42 AM 02-06-2010
I've got several Tats in my humi. Most of a box left from the Holtz deal on Verocu #9s a few weekends back........but i missed a joe's daily deal on Tat?!?!? :-)
[Reply]
coastietech 08:25 AM 02-06-2010
I stock up on boxes of Havana's and I try to buy boxes of the Verocu 9's when Holt's have them on sale.

Currently I have a box of Dracs, a partial box of Tat red's, a few Boris', and some other random tat's

I don't really buy the Tat brown label because I don't think they are that much better than the red's for a much higher price...
[Reply]
ScottishSmoker 11:16 AM 02-06-2010
Originally Posted by Vegan702:
It appears you are not the only one and there are probably many more like you. I personally have many boxes and singles of Tatuaje, as it is my favorite stick. I have a hard time figuring out which stick I want to burn today.
I am very similar to what James says here...my humidor at home only has about 50 single Tatuajes in it...but my locker at Pheasant Cigars in Las Vegas Nevada has I think the remainders of about 10 boxes of Tats...It is my favorite Non-cuban Brand...luckily they are easy too obtain for me...
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 11:26 AM 02-06-2010
I have one or two. The price to enjoyment ratio isn't great enough in my opinion to justify the cost.
[Reply]
acruce 12:16 PM 02-06-2010
I only have one left in my humi
[Reply]
Mr Edmundo 01:03 PM 02-06-2010
I didn't think I had any, but checking the photo inventory of my stash, I spotted one. It's floating around somewhere at the bottom of my coolador. It's a Tatuaje Verocu-Exclusivo Zona Del Este (East Coast). I've never tried one yet.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up