Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>5 Cigars That Will Prove You Are A Man
rack04 09:56 AM 01-19-2010
The last time I got sick was caused by smoking a EO 601 Blue Label Maduro on an empty stomach. The only other ones on the list that I have smoked are the Oliva Serie V and San Cristobal. I wouldn't classify either one of these as "stong" cigars.
[Reply]
Blueface 10:01 AM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
The title should read "5 Cigars That Will Prove You Like Strong Cigars".
Being able to tolerate and/or enjoy strong cigars has nothing to do with "being a man".

Not directed at you, Jeff. I just get tired of all the BS trying to define what it means to be a man. In a forced basso voice, "Smoking Cuban cigars proves you're a real man." or "Smoking RG 50+ proves your a real man".

/mini-rant off
:-)
Clicky Man

Disco Man Clicky
[Reply]
Don Fernando 10:01 AM 01-19-2010
Acid, CAO Moontrance.

Why? Because you are a real man when you do what you like and don't pay attention to other people's opinions!
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:09 AM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Acid, CAO Moontrance.

Why? Because you are a real man when you do what you like and don't pay attention to other people's opinions!
That, and it takes a real man to walk around smelling like a cheap hoowah. :-)

:-) :-)
[Reply]
e-man67 10:11 AM 01-19-2010
Cain F...stronger than any of those listed.
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 10:20 AM 01-19-2010
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
GreekGodX 10:57 AM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Man, woman, or whatever...

They left El Rico Habano off the list of strong smokes too.
Agreed

Originally Posted by Jbailey:
This also proves that everyone's palate is different. I've smoked all of them and never found any of them all that strong. The 601 blue I found to be the most mild of the 601 line.
+1

Originally Posted by kydsid:
The San Cristobal is a strong cigar?
I said the same thing as soon as I read the list.

Originally Posted by pnoon:
The title should read "5 Cigars That Will Prove You Like Strong Cigars".
Being able to tolerate and/or enjoy strong cigars has nothing to do with "being a man".

Not directed at you, Jeff. I just get tired of all the BS trying to define what it means to be a man. In a forced basso voice, "Smoking Cuban cigars proves you're a real man." or "Smoking RG 50+ proves your a real man".
This is worth repeating. I'm a young man, and I've smoked those cigars. They don't make me feel any more manly.
[Reply]
bobarian 11:06 AM 01-19-2010
I dont disagree with any of those listed as being strong/full cigars.

Others I would include:

Litto Gomez Diez
El Rico Habano
Habana Leon(Cigar King exclusive)
[Reply]
G G 11:14 AM 01-19-2010
I have smoked almost all of the five, and didn't think they were that strong. I love the JDN Antono as well. I think I am stoked on nicotine all the time anyway cause of my smokeless tobacco use. I have talked to a few others who also use smokeless tobacco and they smoke the strong one's and don't get buzzed or overpowered by them either. I don't feel more manly because of it though.:-)
[Reply]
Vigiles 11:22 AM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by e-man67:
Cain F...stronger than any of those listed.
I've heard stories about this one, not sure I would want to try it from what i've heard!
[Reply]
Knip23 11:26 AM 01-19-2010
i like the tittle for the thread
[Reply]
Kreth 11:27 AM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by ggainey:
I have smoked almost all of the five, and didn't think they were that strong. I love the JDN Antono as well. I think I am stoked on nicotine all the time anyway cause of my smokeless tobacco use. I have talked to a few others who also use smokeless tobacco and they smoke the strong one's and don't get buzzed or overpowered by them either. I don't feel more manly because of it though.:-)
That's an interesting point. I wonder if the fact that I was a cigarette smoker when I got into cigars contributed to my preference for the stronger sticks.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
G G 11:30 AM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
That's an interesting point. I wonder if the fact that I was a cigarette smoker when I got into cigars contributed to my preference for the stronger sticks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Not sure about the preference part Jeff, but I know that the nicotine absorption from either dipping or smoking is a lot more than you get from smoking cigars. I have only had a couple cigars that made me a little nauseous and prolly only cause I smoked em early and hadn't had anything to eat.
[Reply]
Steve 11:37 AM 01-19-2010
I don't feel more manly because of it though.:-)
Thats's because you are already He-Man... mean G-Man!

[Reply]
G G 11:41 AM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by steve:
Thats's because you are already He-Man... mean G-Man!

Is it the not smiling?:-)
[Reply]
Giant & 49er Fan 12:10 PM 01-19-2010
Did anyone mention the 601 (Oscuro, I think?)... I found it to be one of the strongest I've smoked in addition to those.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 12:29 PM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Another one that knocks me on my a$$ every time I torch it is the Essencia. For whatever reason, this stick is my kryptonite.
I'm with you on this. Every time I smoke one, I think "I'm only gonna smoke it to the band." And then I end up nubbing the damn thing and having a hard time standing up. Not sure why, but they hit me harder than any of those on the list, except the Chisel.
[Reply]
markem 12:32 PM 01-19-2010

PPPP? :-)
[Reply]
darkninja67 12:34 PM 01-19-2010
The LFD DL deserves to be up there. One of the only sticks that can make me sit down.

The Camacho is pretty strong as well.

The 601 Green is stronger than the Blue IMO.

The San Cristobal is not strong at all.

The Oliva V is spicy but not terribly strong.
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:42 PM 01-19-2010
Greg...maybe that's why I LOVE my sticks strong as can be. Copenhagen user here for going on 32 years. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up