Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 45 > Last »
General Discussion>Netflix
elderboy02 01:22 PM 11-26-2008
I have had the same 2 movies at my house for 6 months. I keep forgetting to watch the movies that I have :-)
[Reply]
fxpose 04:14 PM 11-26-2008
I don't like paying for anything so I have an FTA satellite receiver.
[Reply]
goatfarmer 05:22 PM 11-29-2008
Just completed Netflix trial phase and stoked, watched Momento last night, I don't get it. I would have given it a 1-2 rating, see where 99 % of previous viewers gave it a 4 plus, think I'll have to wait and consider watching the movie again, have to be missing something. :-)
[Reply]
Spagg 08:52 AM 11-30-2008
I have been a member of Netflix for a couple of years now and love it. Now I can stream movies through my X-box 360 at no additional charge (of course you have to maintain an x-box live account and be a member of Netflix...but I was both anyway). I really like this feature as before I would have to watch a streaming movie on my PC. Now I can watch them on my tv!! Very cool feature and with my plan I can watch an unlimited amount of instant movies!
[Reply]
coffeemonkey 11:47 AM 11-30-2008
Originally Posted by goatfarmer:
Just completed Netflix trial phase and stoked, watched Momento last night, I don't get it. I would have given it a 1-2 rating, see where 99 % of previous viewers gave it a 4 plus, think I'll have to wait and consider watching the movie again, have to be missing something. :-)
It isn't a movie appreciated by the masses. I liked the reverse scene layout and trying to piece together the movie, a bit like a puzzle. Guy Pierce is one of my favorite actors, so that helped.

If you went into that movie wanting only to be entertained and not wanting to interact with the movie, then you'll be disappointed. It seems to be one of those movies that you either love or hate, no real in between.
[Reply]
Tombstone 08:06 AM 12-17-2008
Just watched Fracture. Great movie!!:-):-)
[Reply]
goatfarmer 12:39 PM 12-31-2008
Originally Posted by Tombstone:
Just watched Fracture. Great movie!!:-):-)

Watched the movie when it first came out, seemed to recall it is quite a thriller with a couple of twist. Usually don't repeat but since it has been a couple years, and don't recall the ending, decided to check it out again and it is in the mail. Thanks for the headsup :-)
[Reply]
tchariya 01:53 PM 12-31-2008
I'm an on again and off again member. I did blockbusters in between. But when I saw that NetFlix was available for my Tivo, I switched back. Granted the 'on demand' selections for NetFlix is about 2 months behind the new rental releases, that is quite fine with me. I'm paying $8.99 now, Blockbusters was charging me $18.99.

With my busy schedule, I could never get to the Blockbuster's B&M to trade in my rental for more movies while I waited for the ones in the mail to come. Waste of money. Now I just queue my movies/shows up and watch from my pc or my tv.
[Reply]
goatfarmer 10:15 PM 12-31-2008
The different streaming devices it appears 'Netflix' box is the least expensive, if understand correctly once the box and unlimited plan is purchased there is no need to maintain an additional service plan as with TiVo, and Xbox. I will have to check it out further. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:58 PM 01-13-2009
What is in everyones queue right now?
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 06:02 PM 01-13-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
What is in everyones queue right now?
Holy Hell I have 467 movies in my queue at the moment but at the top of the list is:

Snow Angels
Tokyo Gore Police
The Fall
Vicki Cristina Barcelona
RockNRolla
Graveyard of Honor
[Reply]
floydp 07:41 PM 01-13-2009
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
Holy Hell I have 467 movies in my queue at the moment but at the top of the list is:

Snow Angels
Tokyo Gore Police
The Fall
Vicki Cristina Barcelona
RockNRolla
Graveyard of Honor
Think I have a couple hundred in mine. We just watched 10 items or less,Morgan Freeman. Really liked it. Stepbrothers the other night. Some very funny parts in it. Ok overall. Been watching Alfred Hitchcock presents season one on my Macbook, Mac support recently added woooooohooooo. Counting what I watch online, I would say we watch 20 to 25 movies a month.

Watched The Cleaner(Samuel L. Jackson), Clay Pigeons(Vince Vaughn),Greenfingers(Clive Owen) over the weekend. All three available online.

Wanted and Employee of the month on the way.

Found a program to stream to my PS3 but haven't used it yet. My stepson says it works pretty good.
[Reply]
groogs 07:44 PM 01-13-2009
I have had Netflix for a few years and I love it. I send movies out and two days later my new movies are in the mail box. My only problem is remembering to mail the watched movies back.
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:24 PM 01-13-2009
I just watched Lucky Number Slevin. It was pretty good.
[Reply]
Tombstone 06:23 AM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I just watched Lucky Number Slevin. It was pretty good.
Just watched Traitor. Very good movie.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 08:25 AM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by floydp:
Think I have a couple hundred in mine. We just watched 10 items or less,Morgan Freeman. Really liked it. Stepbrothers the other night. Some very funny parts in it. Ok overall. Been watching Alfred Hitchcock presents season one on my Macbook, Mac support recently added woooooohooooo. Counting what I watch online, I would say we watch 20 to 25 movies a month.

Watched The Cleaner(Samuel L. Jackson), Clay Pigeons(Vince Vaughn),Greenfingers(Clive Owen) over the weekend. All three available online.

Wanted and Employee of the month on the way.

Found a program to stream to my PS3 but haven't used it yet. My stepson says it works pretty good.

I really enjoyed Greenfingers. Watched it a few years ago when Echo and I were on a Clive Owen kick (right after "Closer" came out) and thought it was a very well done movie. Not your traditional flick though. Watched it again about four months ago and enjoyed it even more. If you ever get a chance, check out a flick of Owen's called "I'll sleep when I'm dead". A slow somber movie but well done :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 08:27 AM 01-14-2009
cancelled it
[Reply]
BarneyBandMan 09:33 AM 01-14-2009
We had Netflix for a while a few years back but never seemed to get around to watching the dvds they would send us. But since BarneysFunGirl is taking a film class in college, we've just started a new subscription.

She has a lot of film class requirements in the queue (North by Northwest, Do The Right Thing, etc.), but I really like the streaming options. Even though there are less titles available for streaming than rental, I've been able to watch several in the past week that I've never seen--sitting by the fireplace, smoking a cigar, enjoying a drink, and watching good movies on the laptop. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:58 PM 01-15-2009
I just finished watching 300. That was a pretty darn good movie :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 09:06 PM 01-15-2009
The new X-Files movie came today as well as Pineapple Express. I'll watch them this weekend.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 45 > Last »
Up