< 123 45 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>The biggest waste of money cigar for 2009
Patrick B 06:23 PM 01-07-2010
La Traviata.

Diamond Crown.

Ashton VSG.
[Reply]
captain53 06:26 PM 01-07-2010
I have got my flak jacket and kevlar helmet on in preparation for this so go at it. I purchased several Taboo Cigars and was highly dissapointed after some hype here. Especially the LR Havana, thing fell part as I smoked it. No construction issues with others but no excitment in the taste either. Sorry but that is just my :-) worth on the smokes. Now as to the Company and folks that run it they are first class and service is excellent so nothing personal just not wild about the Taboo Cigars. As they always say though like what you smoke and smoke what you like - everybody likes something different. Also not a real high priced cigar either so no big $ let down.

Another major let down was the La Traviata, man there was no excitement there and they always get great reviews.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:51 PM 01-07-2010
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz:
For me, Tat Noella Reserva. Certainly not worth the coin.
OMG... I am shocked to hear that... It was one of my favorite NCs for the year.

Originally Posted by e-man67:
Aside from the obvious things (which I don't buy) what I did buy that sucked huge was a 5vr of Cohiba Maduro Secretos. YUK!
I think that would be my biggest disappointment as well for a regular production stick.
[Reply]
neoflex 07:02 PM 01-07-2010
Originally Posted by gnukfu:
The old blend or the new Pepin blend that came out late in 2009?
I think you mixing up LGC with the La Aroma De Cuba Edition Especials.
[Reply]
darkninja67 07:13 PM 01-07-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
You may be mixing up the two LADC lines. The EE was always a Pepin blend IIRC while the new regular line is a Pepin blend as well.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 07:18 PM 01-07-2010
Drac, Boris, Black Tubo, Cain, all of the new Gurkha's, Monte Open, any nc by Altadis and as always, Opus.
[Reply]
Mr.Goodfella 07:29 PM 01-07-2010
I thought I would be the first one to call out the Drac, Boris, and Black tubo but Chutney Lovebusciut beat me to it. After last years Frank release I had real high hopes for the Drac, then I found out that they would release an undressed version of the Frank so I figured oh boy! What a bunch of poo, and then to top it off he puts out a Black tubo that totally sucks, no flavor, won't stay lit, blah. Other than those I would agree with Cain, Cain F, Diamond Crown (all of them), Opus X (just this years batch), and even though it got good marks, I hated the Padron 45th maduro (I tossed it after 2").
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 07:31 PM 01-07-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Opus X
I definately with you on that Dan!

....and "everything" made by Gurkha!
[Reply]
s15driftking 07:53 PM 01-07-2010
montecristo Vino series, 13 bucks of B&M yuck

Illusione something or another, sucked for the price

tatuaje anything

can anyone coment on the LFD El Museo? is it worth 27 bucks?
[Reply]
neoflex 07:55 PM 01-07-2010
I am big Litto ho but I don't think any cigar is worth $27 a pop.
[Reply]
gnukfu 04:26 AM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
Yeah I am mixed up....thanks for the correction! They both start with La.....after that I get confused...however, all the LADC blends are Pepin now, not just the EE.
[Reply]
quantim0 06:40 AM 01-08-2010
Everything from my CAO sampler that I've tried so far. The only things I have left are an America (which I do like), Brazilia, and MX2. Everything else I've had from them is just blah, nothing to write home about and I certainly won't be buying any I've tried again.
[Reply]
tenbaseg 06:52 AM 01-08-2010
Alec Bradley tempus. Not a bad smoke, but just not what I expected for the price. I tried a few different sizes and they just didn't do it for me.
[Reply]
Subvet642 07:00 AM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
I'd hafta say any nc Gloria Cubana that I tried. I gave them three strikes- now they're "OUT!"
That odd, I love the Wavell maddies.
[Reply]
MiamiE 07:14 AM 01-08-2010
Anything Perdomo let me down this past year. Tastes like grass.
[Reply]
njstone 09:46 AM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by dannysguitar:
I'm surprised you guys didn't like the El Triumfador. I didn't like it either, but I thought I was the only 1...
In my experience, nearly every Tatuaje product needs to rest for several months if not longer. Some people like them fresh I suppose, which is why he releases them as such, but I think they're better rested.

The first time I had an El Triunfador, I was VERY underwhelmed. It just didn't have much flavor. Then I had one with a year of age ... WOW, what a difference! The same basic flavors were there, but just a lot stronger and it was a really, really great cigar.

Like the La Riqueza, the El Triunfador is best on a clean palate.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:08 AM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Opus X
:-) Agree with Dan on this one. Way too much hype for an average stick.
[Reply]
spectrrr 10:25 AM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by gnukfu:
The only other memorable horrible smoke was the barber pole Cohiba Torps in the glass box. I took a puff off of one at one of Vin's cigarbeques...and then Ben (Stearns) nubbed the frigging thing.
nuff said, really wish I could have seen that! :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Doctorossi 10:28 AM 01-08-2010
All you folks hatin' on Opus can send your failed investments to me. :-)
[Reply]
e-man67 10:29 AM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
Anything Perdomo let me down this past year. Tastes like grass.
Please try an ESV 91 connie...I agree on the rest of the Perdomos.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 45 > Last »
Up