Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 45 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>New Tatuaje symbol
neoflex 03:53 PM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
They both look awful. Not only does PeeJaay need a good marketing guy for his contests, but it looks like he needs to spend at least five bucks on a graphic designer.
I think he does a lot of the design himself, at least from what I had read he designed the logos for the Drac and Frank boxes which in the article it said he spent a good bit of time perfecting them which if you look at the type/logo portion of the boxes, they are very simple. I dunno, maybe he takes a lot of pride in his design skills but I think he should stick to blending cigars and leave the graphic design to a designer. :-) Hell, I'll do his creative for free smokes on the good ol fashioned barter system.:-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 04:05 PM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
I think he does a lot of the design himself, at least from what I had read he designed the logos for the Drac and Frank boxes which in the article it said he spent a good bit of time perfecting them which if you look at the type/logo portion of the boxes, they are very simple. I dunno, maybe he takes a lot of pride in his design skills but I think he should stick to blending cigars and leave the graphic design to a designer. :-) Hell, I'll do his creative for free smokes on the good ol fashioned barter system.:-)
Don't get me wrong, I think he blends some tasty smokes, but visually the "tramp stamp" thing rings true for me. Both of them look "Glyph-ish" ala Prince, like someone said.
I am probably not his "envisioned target demographic," nor do I need to be. A logo for a company can be a powerful thing, and if that is what he wants to do? Who the hell am I? Just a dude that smokes cigars I can afford. I know nothing.
[Reply]
Blueface 04:09 PM 01-06-2010
Don't get me wrong, I think he blends some tasty smokes, but visually the "tramp stamp" thing rings true for me. Both of them look "Glyph-ish" ala Prince, like someone said.
Maybe this should be the theme song when you access his website.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOSZwEwl_1Q
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:12 PM 01-06-2010
It's about the cigar, not the band or box or logo for me.

:-)
[Reply]
gnukfu 04:34 PM 01-06-2010
Whether you like him or not he's a great marketer. Three pages of discussion in one day so far because he changed his brand symbol!
[Reply]
pnoon 04:37 PM 01-06-2010
Ick.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 04:44 PM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by gnukfu:
Whether you like him or not he's a great marketer. Three pages of discussion in one day so far because he changed his brand symbol!
Contrary to popular belief though, a little bit of banter in the remote dusty corner of the internet called CA is hardly "any pub is good pub" George. Especially when about half is derision. I don't think that this thread is either on Pee Jays radar, nor anyone who really gives a flying hipster cool factor ugly damn.

I can babble about a lot of things, his "marketing" makes me wonder why, in this ever Utopian World, everyone might as well be famous, in thier own little minds! :-):-)
[Reply]
stevieray 04:54 PM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
It's about the cigar, not the band or box or logo for me.

A cigar band could have a photo of Big Bird on it, doesn't matter to me...Either the cigar is good or it sucks. I don't smoke the logo :-)
[Reply]
Tripp 05:16 PM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by stevieray:

A cigar band could have a photo of Big Bird on it, doesn't matter to me...Either the cigar is good or it sucks. I don't smoke the logo :-)
I'm with him, pretty bands are all good and well, but I'm in it for the cigars. As long as Pete keeps selling me cigars that hit the spot, I'll be a fan.
[Reply]
stearns 05:19 PM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by stevieray:

i'd be intrigued by a cigar with big bird on it... it'd probably lead me to smoke it

stearns
[Reply]
gnukfu 05:21 PM 01-06-2010
Contrary to popular belief though, a little bit of banter in the remote dusty corner of the internet called CA is hardly "any pub is good pub" George. Especially when about half is derision. I don't think that this thread is either on Pee Jays radar, nor anyone who really gives a flying hipster cool factor ugly damn.

I can babble about a lot of things, his "marketing" makes me wonder why, in this ever Utopian World, everyone might as well be famous, in thier own little minds! :-):-)
I prefer to think of it as a well known fact that very few people know Pete.....:-)

It was the best I could come up with without commenting on the "maze". :-)
[Reply]
tobii3 05:25 PM 01-06-2010

[Reply]
Tuxguy 05:27 PM 01-06-2010
how about the cigar formally known as .........
[Reply]
eber 05:41 PM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by floydpink:
Does this make my old Tauaje hat a collector's item?
ooooooh i have a collectors ash tray now....... I'm rich?? :-):-):-)
[Reply]
marge796 05:44 PM 01-06-2010
Don't like it one bit!

Chris.....
[Reply]
T.G 05:46 PM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Looks like a tramp stamp to me... :-)
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Bartolomeo 06:03 PM 01-06-2010
Weak....

Was expecting more

Bart
[Reply]
Starscream 06:12 PM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
I get it. Now THAT'S freakin' funny. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 06:15 PM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by stearns:
i'd be intrigued by a cigar with Big Bird on it... it'd probably lead me to smoke it

stearns
[Reply]
gbum 06:18 PM 01-06-2010
duh... i think a decent tattoo artist will come out with far better design from both of these...

i know i know.. a good cigar no need a great design band...but why not?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 45 > Last »
Up