Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>2nds For everyday smokes?
Kreth 07:41 PM 01-07-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Looking to order a bundle to burn a coupon Famous sent me. RP Factory Selects Original maddies look good (and free shipping). Anything else I should be looking at for ~$50?
Posted via Mobile Device
Bueller?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Tripp 08:10 PM 01-07-2010
Bueller?
Posted via Mobile Device
I haven't had them yet, but plan on pulling the trigger this week on Tabacos Baes S.F. I've had the normal version and liked it, but not the S.F. yet... They're 50.99 this week.
[Reply]
Kreth 09:30 PM 01-07-2010
Originally Posted by Tripp:
I haven't had them yet, but plan on pulling the trigger this week on Tabacos Baes S.F. I've had the normal version and liked it, but not the S.F. yet... They're 50.99 this week.
Haven't tried them yet either, but I haven't had a DPG stick that I didn't like. Thanks for the suggestion.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Whynot 11:44 PM 01-07-2010
I got a box of the red dot Cohiba Pequenos the other day. Pretty tasty, cheap, quick smoke.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:31 AM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
:-)I dunno, they're not short filler, but they are stubby little sticks (50 x 4.5") and the rest of your description sounds about right.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...m=CS-P2A&cat=3
Those were the ones... They really were pretty tasty. I swear I remember them as short filler though. I also remember they were hard as a rock but had no burn issues.
[Reply]
The Poet 04:10 PM 01-08-2010
A British buddy of mine called me on Christmas to wish me a happy holiday. He asked what I'd smoked to celebrate, and I told him I'd burned one of the CCs I'd received at the NYC herf in October. He told me he'd had to smoke a CC himself that day because he was completely out of his favorite - the Consuegra # 9. He's hoping he can make it to the States again sometime soon to restock, and hopes to get about 400 of them.

Take that info for what's it worth, or ignore it altogether - as that just means more for my friend. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:11 PM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
A British buddy of mine called me on Christmas to wish me a happy holiday. He asked what I'd smoked to celebrate, and I told him I'd burned one of the CCs I'd received at the NYC herf in October. He told me he'd had to smoke a CC himself that day because he was completely out of his favorite - the Consuegra # 9. He's hoping he can make it to the States again sometime soon to restock, and hopes to get about 400 of them.

Take that info for what's it worth, or ignore it altogether - as that just means more for my friend. :-)
Consuegras are great!:-)
[Reply]
TripleF 07:15 PM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Where can these be obtained?
[Reply]
Tripp 07:33 PM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by TripleF:
Where can these be obtained?
Off the top of my head, I think they're only at JRcigars.com... but I might've seen them elsewhere too.
[Reply]
Nimbus 10:47 PM 01-08-2010
Tampa Sweetheart bundles are good for everyday cigars that can be tossed at will. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 05:59 PM 01-18-2010
So the one-shot coupon from Famous expires tomorrow. I get $10 off anything over $50. I'm thinking about grabbing a bundle of the AB Supervisor Selection Toros for $50.99 with free shipping. Anything else I should take a look at before I pull the trigger? Tough to beat that price, and they seem to get good reviews.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
duckmanco 06:38 PM 01-18-2010
chiming in yet again here with a report back on my bundle of RP X-Out Liga D robustos (Decade blend)

FLAT OUT ASTONISHINGLY GREAT cigar in every way. Perfect draw and burn, no touch ups needed, and the flavor was right on too... loads of dark earthy semi sweet leathery cocoa action. I can see why people pay full shot for this blend, and truth be told I would too.... that is if CI weren't selling them unbanded for MUCH less.

Which, yet again this begs to me state, I have yet to have a single bad draw on ANY RP factory select, 2nd, or XOUT yet. And I hate, I mean hate an even less than perfect draw.

Rant off....again.
[Reply]
jerseystepup 06:59 PM 01-18-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
JR's has them... take this for what its worth.. but ive read somewhere in the past that the consuegas are punch seconds..
[Reply]
TripleF 05:58 AM 01-19-2010
So the one-shot coupon from Famous expires tomorrow. I get $10 off anything over $50. I'm thinking about grabbing a bundle of the AB Supervisor Selection Toros for $50.99 with free shipping. Anything else I should take a look at before I pull the trigger? Tough to beat that price, and they seem to get good reviews.
Posted via Mobile Device
Not that I know of, but let us know how these are....I saw them the other day and wondered........
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 06:11 AM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by jerseystepup:
JR's has them... take this for what its worth.. but ive read somewhere in the past that the consuegas are punch seconds..
The Honduran ones been acknowledged by a long time by JR to be seconds, overrruns, etc from (General Cigar's?) Villazon factory. They could be HyM, Punch, Excalibur, Belinda, others... There are now also Dominican Consuegras that I haven't heard the source of.
[Reply]
Kreth 08:16 AM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by TripleF:
Not that I know of, but let us know how these are....I saw them the other day and wondered........
There's a thread in the review section, spelled Alex Bradley IIRC. A couple of guys really liked them. I'd link, but I'm on my phone.
I will do a review, but I'll probably let them rest for a few weeks first.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
barbourjay 09:40 AM 01-19-2010
my neighbor swears by the flor de oliva maduro bundles. he is retired and literally smokes 2-3 a day.
[Reply]
rack04 09:46 AM 01-19-2010
I really enjoy Little Havana Overruns.
[Reply]
Kreth 09:47 AM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by barbourjay:
my neighbor swears by the flor de oliva maduro bundles. he is retired and literally smokes 2-3 a day.
The corojo are pretty good too.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ripper 04:56 PM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by duckmanco:
chiming in yet again here with a report back on my bundle of RP X-Out Liga D robustos (Decade blend)

FLAT OUT ASTONISHINGLY GREAT cigar in every way. Perfect draw and burn, no touch ups needed, and the flavor was right on too... loads of dark earthy semi sweet leathery cocoa action. I can see why people pay full shot for this blend, and truth be told I would too.... that is if CI weren't selling them unbanded for MUCH less.

Which, yet again this begs to me state, I have yet to have a single bad draw on ANY RP factory select, 2nd, or XOUT yet. And I hate, I mean hate an even less than perfect draw.

Rant off....again.
Totally, irrevocably agree with Mr Duckmanco.
RP seconds are my everyday smokes, esp. in winter when it can get soggy and breezy here in the harbor. I smoke RP seconds throughout winter, and hand out the No. 1 cigars as gifts and bombs.
The RP Classic 2nds maduros from Famous Smoke are Rocky Patel The Edge seconds in a scrumptious Costa Rican maduro wrapper.
For the young 'uns, here is a guide to the X-Outs from CI:
Rocky Patel Liga X-Outs:
A: Edge
B: Sun-Grown
C: Old World Reserve
D: Decade
E: Indian Tabac Super Fuerte
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up