Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>Beverage accompaniements with your tobacco product
Blindjimme 03:46 PM 10-13-2009
I remember Sundrop and Teem. Old Kentucky boy here. How about Mr. Cola?
[Reply]
ade06 04:05 PM 10-13-2009
Originally Posted by RightAJ:
AKA what y'all drink with your stogies??

Just started in the Scotch game, and still warming up to it but I definatly have learned to get past the burning sensation and taste the flavors in the past month or so... SoCo
I thought that you are under age... shame shame shame. :-):-)
[Reply]
Catfish 08:03 PM 10-13-2009
mmmmmmmmmmmmm... Cheerwine.
[Reply]
Cenookie 08:11 PM 10-13-2009
Coffee, or just water.
[Reply]
Calexan 08:38 PM 10-13-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
:-) Dang it, you really think most these boys even ever heard of that? Might as well say Cheerwine, brother!

I'm gonna try to bump my "creme soda" thread for you, friend.
Lookey what i found in my fridge...... Image

I actually have a 12 pack of Sundrop and a 12 pack of Cheerwine at the lakehouse. My buddy is from NC and those are his drinks of choice.... His entire freshman year up at college, i never saw him without a Cheerwine and SoCo. It throws most people off though.
[Reply]
RightAJ 08:43 PM 10-13-2009
Originally Posted by ade06:
I thought that you are under age... shame shame shame. :-):-)
Haha I'm a big boy now I can handle myself :-)

And OMG Sundrop rocks!!!!!!!!!!

I live in PA (did time in Raliegh though, I'm a southerner in my heart) and I always bring back some Sundrop home with me when I go down to visit a few times a year. Down to my last 3 cans:-) gonna have to drink it sparingly..

aj
[Reply]
poriggity 10:08 PM 10-13-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:

Check this one out for nice pairs:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=16879
That thread Rocks Darrell! As of late, I am addicted to Sam AdamsOctoberfest, but I usually only smoke at work, so I can't have it there, so usually, I drink a coke.
Scott
[Reply]
eboniknight 11:06 AM 10-14-2009
Usually just water but lately I have been broadening my horizens....LOL. This a Perdomo Habano Corojo with a Michelob Ultra Lime-Cactus.
Attached: 11cf38e83de5.jpg (12.8 KB) 
[Reply]
JJG 11:13 AM 10-14-2009
usually a Lone Star :-)

I do enjoy micro brew beer and scotch from time to time, but I most commonly stick to the good 'ole Texas classic.
[Reply]
TheStatsGuy 11:30 AM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by poriggity:
That thread Rocks Darrell! As of late, I am addicted to Sam AdamsOctoberfest, but I usually only smoke at work, so I can't have it there, so usually, I drink a coke.
Scott
I've been having some nice Sam Adams Octoberfest with my gars lately and find that this beer goes very well with a spicier cigar. Been pairing this beer up with a nice Perdomo Criollo 10th Anniversary Torpedo or even a nice RP Edge Corojo.
[Reply]
Victor Sinclair 11:37 AM 10-14-2009
I'll usually have Hennessey VSOP, or Dewar's White Label.
[Reply]
slickster81 12:58 PM 10-14-2009
Earl Grey tea, slightly sweetened, and cold, but NOT ICED!!!! Kills the tastebuds.

For the hard stuff, I like a nice Kentucky Bourbon (like there is any other kind of bourbon....ha:-)) Bookers, Rip Van Winkle with a powerhouse cigar like a JdN Antano. Sometimes though, like with a Coronado Lancero by La Flor, ya gots to break out some Bushmills, they just seem to be made for each other.

Beer, like wine, takes some careful consideration (at least for me) to pair it properly, you get a too heavy beer, or a too dry wine with a cigar that tends to be a bit dry on the palate (like a JdN Celebracion), and it's a recipe for disaster.

Just my :-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 01:25 PM 10-14-2009
sweet tea! ahhh I can go for some now!
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 03:05 PM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Did I mention booze, Larry? :-)
this is why we like you, big fella...
[Reply]
King James 03:13 PM 10-14-2009
Most of the time it is Coffee. Sometimes I'll have a pepsi, or occasionally a beer.
[Reply]
BryanB 10:26 AM 10-15-2009
Mostly Pepsi or coffee. If I am allowed Jack straight. :-)
[Reply]
hornitosmonster 11:13 PM 10-16-2009
Tonight

DFH 90 Min IPA with Padilla Habano

I chased the DFH with a bomber of Lagunitas Lucky 13 Mondo Large Red Ale and a Stone IPA... :-)

I'm really digging the Lagunitas Lucky 13. The DHF 90 Min speaks for itself...different class of beer and wow...drinker beware.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 11:50 AM 10-17-2009
Usually a iced green tea or beer . I have on occasion had Ruby Port or red wine . Sometimes a rum and coke or just water . Once had a Mojito at Casa Fuente . Coffee occasionally . All depends on time of day and my mood .
[Reply]
Veritas 12:06 PM 10-17-2009
Originally Posted by Bubba - NJ:
Once had a Mojito at Casa Fuente.
I think that the Mojito I had at Casa Fuente was the best one (three) I have ever had.

[/threadjack]
[Reply]
tam 07:46 PM 10-23-2009
Barq's rootbeer hit's the spot with me. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up