Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you use other tobacco products?
Nope! Cigars are my one, true nicotine vice. 128 51.20%
Yes, cigarettes. 24 9.60%
Yes, other products (chew, etc.). 39 15.60%
I used to, but now it's only cigars. 59 23.60%
Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>Do you use other nicotine products?
jjirons69 04:09 PM 09-25-2009
Nothing but cigars. Quit smoke cigs 13-14 years ago. Dip or chew always phucked me up too bad and made me drop a B line for the throne.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 06:30 PM 09-25-2009
When I was just a kid playing baseball I saw alot of the pro's chewing tobacco so I had said to my Dad something about wanting to chew . So one day he went over to our neighbors house who's nephew was in town for a visit and he happened to be a truck driver . He chewed Redman . So Dad had him come over and show me what to do . I took a pinch about the size of my thumb , placed it in my mouth between cheek and gums . Held it there for a couple minutes and then tried to spit . Got spit all over my chin and on my t-shirt . And then the burn started , spit the whole wad of tobacco out and tried for a while to get that nasty taste out of my mouth . Awful tasting stuff to me then . Never tried it again . Oh and my Dad and Larry were laughing pretty hard at me . Think I was about 12 at the time . To bad it wasn't captured on video , didn't really have video cameras back in 1979-80 like there are now .
[Reply]
Snake Hips 08:12 PM 09-25-2009
I smoke a cigarette now and then (2 a day at the heaviest) because I enjoy the nicotine rush occasionally and I enjoy smoking tobacco in general. Never could get addicted to it though. I enjoy clove cigarettes too.

Snuff (nasal) I use very seldomly, but it comes in handy on long drives when I'm tired. Never chewed in my life.
[Reply]
T.G 09:03 PM 09-25-2009
Originally Posted by Snake Hips:
I enjoy clove cigarettes too.
Better stock up while you can then. As of the 22nd, all flavored cigarettes with the exception of menthol were banned.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 09:15 PM 09-25-2009
Cigars... period! :-)
[Reply]
Gunnar 10:49 PM 09-25-2009
Well on rare occasiona I dip soe Red Man, but mostly I smoke a pipe f I don't have a Cigar to chew on..
[Reply]
icehog3 10:59 PM 09-25-2009
Originally Posted by jjirons69:
Nothing but cigars. Quit smoke cigs 13-14 years ago. Dip or chew always phucked me up too bad and made me drop a B line for the throne.
Wouldn't that make you option 4, Jamie?
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 11:01 PM 09-25-2009
I used to pop in some skoal bandits or camel snus at work. But since I've started to smoke cigars, this is it.
[Reply]
JJG 11:19 PM 09-25-2009
ex cigarette smoker checking in.

It was actually cigars that got me to quit smoking cigarettes, and I didn't just replace one with the other. I didn't smoke at all for two months. Now I only smoke between 1-3 cigars per week, generally on Friday and/or Saturday.
[Reply]
shvictor 11:36 PM 09-25-2009
I've been Copenhagen free for 1 month now after 25 plus years. Now its just cigars
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 12:35 AM 09-26-2009
Just cigars now.

Gave up cigs a few years ago. The last time I smoked a pipe must have been back in the mid seventies. Trying a pipe again has crossed my mind on occasion, but I think I'll probably stick to cigars from here on out.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 12:44 AM 09-26-2009
Smoked for 15 years but it was killing me. I stopped 3 years ago. Cigars are damaging also but I average 2 every 3 days rather than sucking 20 or so down in a day. Better for my asthma.
[Reply]
Snake Hips 12:49 AM 09-26-2009
Originally Posted by T.G:
Better stock up while you can then. As of the 22nd, all flavored cigarettes with the exception of menthol were banned.
Yeah, it sucks. I bought a bunch, but my B&M still has two cubes in the back room and will sell them to me for $1.99 a pack whenever I want them. Like I said I have one now and then, so I should be good for a while fortunately. But I'll miss them.
[Reply]
jal 09:42 AM 09-26-2009
I'm still fairly new to cigar smoking and I only do it on the weekends. I love it and am still testing the cigars to find the best.
[Reply]
Scottastic 09:45 AM 09-26-2009
Originally Posted by jal:
I'm still fairly new to cigar smoking and I only do it on the weekends. I love it and am still testing the cigars to find the best.
Finding "the best" is a Quixotic dream, but good luck to you!
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:49 AM 09-26-2009
Cigars only!!!:-)
[Reply]
alley00p 10:32 AM 09-26-2009
Originally Posted by TheTraveler:
I voted Yes-Other 'cause I love my pipes too! :-)

Congrats to the OP for quitting cigarettes. :-) Be strong my man, be strong. It does get easier eventually.
:-)

Thoughts being sent towards the OP, to help with quitting cigarettes!!

[Reply]
T.G 10:42 AM 09-26-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Cigars only!!!:-)
Don't you mean: "Cigars and Arganese products only!!!"?

[Reply]
cashed ash 11:24 PM 09-26-2009
first thing I smoked was a cigarette. That was back when I was like 15. I maybe smoked 5 packs of them in my whole life. But I always was interested in cigars. I have tried chew before and had a good experience with it. But I stick with cigars now days and I try to limit myself to no more than 3 cigars a week.

Cigars were harder to get when I wasn't old enough to buy tobacco because I didn't know anyone who smoked em. But It is all I am into now that I am 18.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 08:57 AM 09-27-2009
Originally Posted by Scottastic:
Was just curious. I'm quitting cigarettes (13 days cig free!) and wanted to know what other's experiences were. I've already been surprised by the number of people who don't smoke cigarettes who enjoy cigars, so let's see a CA wide poll.
good luck on quitting the cigs. i've been there, it's really hard to do. stay strong!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up