Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Island (The other ones) Reviews>"Bob's and Huy's Blind testing"
mk05 02:30 PM 08-02-2013
Yes, I'd like to see that Huy's taste in music has also changed from Santana and Alicia Keys. Who knows, he might have devolved right down to JoJo and Taylor Swift.
[Reply]
Ubiquitous 08:01 PM 08-03-2013
This is fun! Great reviews
[Reply]
MUNKY 09:52 PM 08-04-2013
Awesome, blind tasting I often wonder if sticks unwrapped like this would be enjoyed more the way. Good review so far!
[Reply]
bobarian 10:36 PM 08-04-2013
This thread is over four years old, not sure why its being resurrected now. I dont remember if the last two were ever smoked and reviewed but even if they were my original list is long gone so I have no idea the actual identity of the cigars in question.

Blind tasting definitely has its benefits. Without the preconceptions one forms by seeing the band, it allows you to formulate opinions on the taste and experience of the cigar itself. I would encourage others to do more blind tasting and see if your opinions change of cigars you have smoked previously.

One way is to hold a blind tasting at a herf. Each participant puts an unbanded numbered cigar into a hat. Then each pulls one cigar for tasting. At the end the number is shown and the original person who put that number in can reveal the actual cigar. You might find this to be more challenging than it seems. :-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 07:17 AM 08-05-2013
Originally Posted by bobarian:
This thread is over four years old, not sure why its being resurrected now. I dont remember if the last two were ever smoked and reviewed but even if they were my original list is long gone so I have no idea the actual identity of the cigars in question.
Bob, I didn't resurrect the thread with the purpose of questioning if the last two were ever smoked. I apologize, especially to Huy, if my post came off that way.

I was prompted to bump it for many reasons... I thought it was a very intriguing thread that I missed the first time around, my interest in blind taste tests, the concept of developing palettes and people's perceptions of cigars and their good and bad attributes.

In that context, I hope you understand why I resurrected the thread, even if you don't agree with its resurrection.
[Reply]
bobarian 11:20 AM 08-05-2013
No worries Joel. :-) I just wanted to be sure no one expected any conclusion. You saw the reason for the thread, to help expand an individuals palate and openness to flavors that might otherwise be affected by the band and preconceptions.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 02:40 PM 08-05-2013
I have no idea if I smoked the last 2 or not. Long time ago, when Bob was still in his 80s.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 02:22 AM 08-07-2013
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
I have no idea if I smoked the last 2 or not. Long time ago, when Bob was still in his 80s.
In 1920?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up