Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: What to do when you get a double ship?
Should I pretend I didn't get a second package? 3 3.85%
Should I call the retailer and tell them their error? 75 96.15%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>Moral Dilemna...
BFallehy 04:39 PM 08-20-2009
Just to let everyone know I did contact the vender and let them know. I have made arrangments to actualy keep them. (I called them back and said I wanted to keep them. they are already here after all.) So I paid for them and they are mine.

They were even nice enough to give me a discount on the package since they didn't have to pay to have it shipped back. So everything worked out great.

As for the WTT or WTS threads, I don't tend to post. I like hording. :-):-):-)

But thank you everyone for helping me to beat temptation off with a stick. Otherwise my fellow BABOTL would have been cleaning out my humi according to Darrel. :-)
[Reply]
alley00p 04:42 PM 08-20-2009
I would imagine that smoking any of those sticks would've left a nasty taste in your mouth! Cuz, YOU would know deep down inside that they weren't really yours!

In the end, you are honest or not! I know most of us would be upset if they received 1/2 of their order, so treat the seller the way you would want to be treated :-)

:-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 08:23 PM 08-20-2009
Glad you did the right thing...

Integrity is worth way more than a box of smokes.

Originally Posted by BFallehy:
Just to let everyone know I did contact the vender and let them know. I have made arrangments to actualy keep them. (I called them back and said I wanted to keep them. they are already here after all.) So I paid for them and they are mine.

They were even nice enough to give me a discount on the package since they didn't have to pay to have it shipped back. So everything worked out great.

As for the WTT or WTS threads, I don't tend to post. I like hording. :-):-):-)

But thank you everyone for helping me to beat temptation off with a stick. Otherwise my fellow BABOTL would have been cleaning out my humi according to Darrel. :-)

[Reply]
DrDubzz 08:38 PM 08-20-2009
careful when beating off temptation :-)
[Reply]
Cigary 08:47 PM 08-20-2009
I had this happen years ago with a vendor who sent me out two extra bundles of cigars that were not boxed but were put in a bag with pillows. When I called him and told him the mistake he said if they were in a box that was sealed he'd want them back but since they were shipped in a bag that were already handled he couldn't "ethically" take them back because they were not a boxed item. He told me to keep them and I have been a customer ever since and that has been 15 years running. It's always a good idea to tell the truth and do the right thing.
[Reply]
GKitty 08:49 PM 08-20-2009
**a$$hattery accomplished**

Nothing to see here, move along.

Thanks, Mark.

This is why Kitty shouldn't internet past her bed time.
[Reply]
markem 08:50 PM 08-20-2009
Originally Posted by GKitty:
Not to be an a$$hat, but which is it? :-)
He said that he called them back. That's pretty plain to me.
[Reply]
Cenookie 08:56 PM 08-20-2009
You did the right thing by contacting the vendor, there's nothing like going to sleep without guilt.
[Reply]
ucla695 09:31 PM 08-20-2009
Gotta send'em back. It's the right thing to do. :-)
[Reply]
G G 06:18 PM 08-22-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
You made the right choice by calling :-)
I have to agree.:-)
[Reply]
kaelaria 09:56 PM 08-22-2009
DOH move one vote over my dumbass clicked the wrong one LOL!!
[Reply]
Darrell 10:11 PM 08-22-2009
You're a good man, Charlie Brown.
[Reply]
adampc22 10:21 PM 08-22-2009
Originally Posted by Starchild:
Personally, I would contact the vendor and let them know the mistake. Depending on the items involved, and the return shipping cost and hassle, they may tell you just to keep it.

It's nice to get free stuff, but I would make the call just to get it off my conscious.

:-)
what that bloke said
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 10:29 PM 08-22-2009
Originally Posted by Blindjimme:
What would you teach your kids to do? :-)
not to tell mommy that I bought more cigars...

also I would be in contact with the vendor to see how they want this handled.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up