Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cigars And Creme Soda?
rudeJARHEAD 12:27 PM 08-06-2009
I'm more if a Stogie with Iced or Hot coffee guy depending on the weather.
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:43 PM 08-06-2009
My wife looked at me funny when I came home with two cases of Jones Cream Soda yesterday.
[Reply]
mugwump 01:43 PM 08-06-2009
I keep Jones Cream Soda in the fridge and I only drink it when I'm smoking cigars. I find it way too sweet at other times but it sure goes great with a smoke.
[Reply]
The Poet 01:46 PM 08-06-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
My wife looked at me funny when I came home with two cases of Jones Cream Soda yesterday.
You are assuming it was because of the soda, I presume. :-)

So yesterday I tried an H. Upmann Cambio with Boylan Root Beer, figuring the slightly fuller flavor of this cameroon baby might go well with the heavier soda. It was, well OK, maybe because the combo wasn't right or maybe because I rushed the two together (my boss showed up for the first time in 2 weeks inna middle of the test). If the root beer works for you, that's fine - me, I liked the creme soda grouping much better.

Guess my next test will be with the Boylan Black Cherry. :-)
[Reply]
WyGuy 04:57 PM 08-07-2009
With all this talk about cream soda and cigars I decided to give it a try. And you guys are right! Great combination.
[Reply]
TomHagen 11:19 AM 08-09-2009
Oh, please brotha...

Us New Yorkers have doin' the cream soda and cigar bit fo' years...

DELICIOUS!!

(ps root beer is awesome to, my B&M is always stocked with A&W cause the clientele find the pairing delicious.)
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:22 AM 08-09-2009
I just finished a Nestor Miranda lancero with some Jones Cream Soda...WOW!!! What a great combination!!
[Reply]
icehog3 01:30 PM 08-09-2009
Had a couple IBC root beers with my cigars at the MoB Herf last night...not too bad either. My apologies to illinoishoosier's daughter. :-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 01:34 PM 08-09-2009
I enjoy Boylans cream soda with a cigar at the shop.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 10:01 PM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
I enjoy Boylans cream soda with a cigar at the shop.
Boylan's?! In Bay City, Michigan? Where's the Faygo, man?
[Reply]
elderboy02 10:03 PM 08-09-2009
I had a Barq's Creme Soda today with a Alec Bradley Tempus. It was a good combo.

Tomorrow I will hit the store and buy some more creme soda.
[Reply]
TomHagen 10:07 PM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by Doctorossi:
Boylan's?! In Bay City, Michigan? Where's the Faygo, man?
I knew this would come up...

I went to college in Ann Arbor, and was given Faygo as creme soda... all I can say is:-):-)

Is it ginger ale mixed with creme soda and sewage water from "the D"?

You would think with all Michiganders eating at A&W's they would know what real creme soda is, East Coast knows what creme soda is... DR. BROWNS!!:-)
[Reply]
dubnick 10:10 PM 08-09-2009
+1 for Dr. Browns
[Reply]
TomHagen 10:14 PM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by dubnick:
+1 for Dr. Browns
:-)
[Reply]
Doctorossi 10:15 PM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by TomHagen:
I went to college in Ann Arbor, and was given Faygo as creme soda... all I can say is:-):-)
:-)

Originally Posted by TomHagen:
East Coast knows what creme soda is... DR. BROWNS!!:-)
I'm with you on the Dr. Brown's. Only problem is I can't look at a shelf of it without being magnetized to the Cel-ray. The poor creme soda, tasty as it is, always gets left behind.
[Reply]
dubnick 10:17 PM 08-09-2009
Dr. Browns and a Pastrami/Corned Beef on Rye... Best part of my yearly trip to NYC

/end thread jack

And... I love cream soda
[Reply]
Steelergar 01:21 PM 08-11-2009
Virgils Cream Soda or Root Beer. After drinking this stuff you won't wanna go back to IBC or Barq. I buy mine at earth fare but you can check the website to see if they sell near you. Its all microbrewed and they made a science out of it. www.virgils.com
[Reply]
Doctorossi 01:26 PM 08-11-2009
Originally Posted by Steelergar:
Virgils Cream Soda or Root Beer. After drinking this stuff you won't wanna go back to IBC or Barq.
Virgil's does very little for me. It can't touch IBC for the CS, IMO. Barq's- that's just... mediocre.
[Reply]
elderboy02 01:27 PM 08-11-2009
I picked up 2 12 packs of Barq's Creme Soda at the store yesterday. :-)
[Reply]
Doctorossi 01:29 PM 08-11-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I picked up 2 12 packs of Barq's Creme Soda at the store yesterday. :-)
I've never tried Barq's CS (in fact, I didn't even know they made it), just their RB. What's it like?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up