Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Sports>Michael Vick Reinstated to NFL
SeanGAR 09:04 PM 07-27-2009
Vick is a booger eating moron.

I agree that others should have been banned before him ... but I still have trouble seeing him raking in millions after what he did and would never watch him play, not even on TV in the superbowl.

Screw him.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:05 PM 07-27-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
They singed Del-homy to a 3 year extension. Yay! He sucks! :-)

No way he comes to Charlotte.
:-)
Delhomme sucks!:-)
[Reply]
blugill 05:57 AM 07-28-2009
Originally Posted by bigloo:
Andy,

You are not incorrect. Guys like Little should never be allowed into the NFL. The problem is children look up to these guys, they are heroes of sorts. If you want that role and want the millions, you have to live up to those standards. Also, by saying a murderer got less time therefore Vick is OK is moving towards the lowest common denominator... we should reject both players, not except the one based on the others actions. Pro sports has no conscious and probably never will. If Vick wins a superbowl all will be forgotten, that I promise you.
You are so right!
The personal conduct policy should be revised yet again.
[Reply]
Cigary 01:49 PM 07-28-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
This statement is very true, but if it applies to him, it should apply to all players in the league. Why are there murderers who served a mere 90 days in prison and are still playing in the NFL, and Vick is being judged more harshly than these people? Killing dogs is nothing compared to killing humans IMHO. Not that what Vick did was right (if I had my way, none of these people would be playing right now), but if people who do worse things than Vick are still playing, then he deserves a chance to play as well.
Because the world is not a fair place to live,,,it's imperfect and things that are wrong will always be wrong no matter who gets to skate around the obvious. Just because somebody else is not held to the same standards and gets away with their responsibilities does not mean we just let everyone skate. All of the other people you mentioned should never have been allowed to return to football,,,,,but they were because it is a system that is flawed and you have business people who don't give a $hit about what is right or wrong,,,they only care about how much money it brings into the system. Vick is monster at best and when you say that killing dogs is nothing compared to human beings you displace the sheer act of "killing" like it is something that can be measured as to how wrong it is. Had Vick killed a human being by running a red light vs having dogs trained to kill each other means that he is responsible for each act. He does not get a "pass" for what he did. I don't see the reasoning for letting him play just because other people did worse things,,,sometimes you get justice,,,sometimes you don't and that is what we get for living in an imperfect world.
[Reply]
darb85 01:51 PM 07-28-2009
Should have been banned forever. Dispicable act.
[Reply]
themoneycollector 02:03 PM 07-28-2009
Originally Posted by darb85:
Should have been banned forever. Dispicable act.
:-) I think he should never have been reinstated IMO. You can't just take away what he did, regardless of the time he served, he just doesn't deserve to go back to the NFL.

I hope whatever team signs him gives him a pittance salary and goes through a PR nightmare so that criminals don't get signed onto their squads in the future.
[Reply]
shilala 02:05 PM 07-28-2009
I got five bucks says he goes to Dallas.
There's a reason why they're the most hated team in America. They need him.
Gotta fill seats in the new 1.3 billion dollar stadium. :-)
[Reply]
goalie204 02:06 PM 07-28-2009
Hi, I don't wish harm on people normally, but hope someone shanks him!
[Reply]
mugwump 06:30 PM 07-28-2009
I kind of want to see him play again just to see how creative the fans can get with the abuse they'll pour down on him from the stands. Should be quite a show.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up