Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>Acid? Whut?
Volt 01:12 PM 05-22-2009
Originally Posted by TanithT:
Volt - suuuuure, I'm in. If nothing else it will be fodder for a freaking hilarious review post.
The pass sorta fell apart (a good thing). But no DE (Java, acid, Wafe, :-):-) ) shall ever pass my lips again. But, as many have stated, like what you smoke and smoke what ya like. Far be it from me to hog all those fine DE's when someone else might be wanting them.
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:15 PM 05-22-2009
Volt...have you tried the Naturals by DE? I'm gonna bring you a Dirt on Tuesday to try.
[Reply]
Volt 01:21 PM 05-22-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Volt...have you tried the Naturals by DE? I'm gonna bring you a Dirt on Tuesday to try.
Thanks for the thought, but I have too many good cigars to burn Thursday. If the coolador ever runs empty I'll PM ya for it. I really have no desire to try any more DEs. Smoked about 5 - 7 different CAOs and have yet to like one of those, so, no more of them.

BTW, at this time I think Tbone and I are jetting to richmond around 1300ish.... Maybe a 1400 to 1430 arrival. Returning time TBD. If this fits with your plans and you want to car pool give us a yell.
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:25 PM 05-22-2009
I will meet you guys up there a little after 1400...I have to swing my Williamsburg on my way. Thanks for the ride offer though. I agree with you on the CAOs, have smoked about four and each one wasn't that hot (to be honest, still trying to figure out what the deal is with these..I don't get it) . I really like the Dirts though...I'm still gonna bring you one and you can throw it in your coolador for a later date.
[Reply]
younggun 04:33 PM 05-25-2009
well I'm a pretty young guy and first grabbed an Acid when my dad went to pick up some other 'normal' cigars for his friends, I knew nothing at the time and my dad didn't know much about cigars either. I was kinda hooked on the small Acid's, the blondie and some of the cigarette sized ones...shared them with friends and whatnot and had fun with them; they are a really soft smoke and smell crazy. It was only a month after I found out about them that I heard they were flavored and not 'real cigars'. Recently I have been testing the waters with the Oliva's, Rocky P. Edge, bunch of different AF's, a Punch, and a bunch of others and am starting to really getting into it. The Acid's were fun to start out with but these are just so much better and different.
[Reply]
OLS 08:24 PM 05-25-2011
I can say one thing on this subject. Say you are a Acid smoker. You hear that they are not REAL cigars and get
some other models and you think, "Hmm, these just taste like tobacco, and they taste the same all the wy through.
I like the weird flavors of my OLD cigars." What do you do? You go back to Acids and enjoy yourself. There is no shame
in smoking that strange stuff if you like it and can afford them. It is much better for all of us if you keep smoking cigars,
not dropping them after "graduating" and hating Real Cigars. Unless of course, you leave your butts around and people
end up hating all of us because of YOU. :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 08:35 PM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Your observations are all well and good but...

Drew Estate makes and sells millions of cigars. That said,there are folks here that enjoy them. Speaking for myself,I never ever bad mouth cigars I dislike for fear of hurting someones feelings.

Smoke what you like,like what you smoke.The no snob policy is in full force here.
Well said brother. All I know is that Corona Cigar in Orlando sells allot of them. So I guess someone out there likes them.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 07:24 AM 05-26-2011
Holy dead thread resurrection, Batman--two years to the day! :-) :-)
[Reply]
klipsch 07:31 AM 05-26-2011
ACID's aren't as bad as people make them out to be. If I hadn't taken up smoking again a couple of years ago with ACID's...I wouldn't appreciate the cigars I do today. Fortunately for me...I was able to find somebody at a local B&M to buy my 100 count humi filled with nothing but ACID's. Apparently...they benefit from time as well. He said the year and a half old Blondies were the best he had ever smoked. I took his word for it...lol
[Reply]
lbowles2 09:14 AM 05-26-2011
I don't mind certain ACID's once in a great while. I particularly like the Toast. It's not quite as sweet as the Kuba Kuba which is WAAAY over the top. Blech...
[Reply]
mariogolbee 09:30 AM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by lbowles2:
I don't mind certain ACID's once in a great while. I particularly like the Toast. It's not quite as sweet as the Kuba Kuba which is WAAAY over the top. Blech...
I still have one or two Kuba Kubas in a desktop humi for flavored sticks. I liked the two I smoked, but that was a couple of years ago. IDK if I'd enjoy one now. Maybe I should peek in there and find out...
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:32 AM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
I still have one or two Kuba Kubas in a desktop humi for flavored sticks. I liked the two I smoked, but that was a couple of years ago. IDK if I'd enjoy one now. Maybe I should peek in there and find out...
DO IT! Fulll review with facial expressions!
[Reply]
Nathan King 10:09 AM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Your observations are all well and good but...

Drew Estate makes and sells millions of cigars...
Just goes to show you that there are a lot of people out there with no taste. This is the same reason I stopped opening $100 bottles of wine when I'm entertaining. Most guests can't tell Charles Shaw from a Château Haut-Brion.
[Reply]
OLS 10:12 AM 05-26-2011
I hated to top the thread, but it's a healthy discussion and the forum is molasses slow. I just got to looking
at a few of them and thinking, "what's the worst that could happen? I hate em and the troops get em?" And I know
some of those guys LOVE EM. But tonight I have to smoke some bacon, and I guess I will smoke my Blondie, too.
I have been wanting to try that big ol E.O.Larry...not a fan of big cigars, but jeez, that thing's impressive. We shall see.
Like was said above, they only suck if you do not prefer that kind of thing. You look at Drew Est. other products and it
is clear that even given the fact they are flavored, it's likely the construction and materials are top notch.
[Reply]
OLS 10:16 AM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by Nathan King:
Just goes to show you that there are a lot of people out there with no taste.
Don't forget no class.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 10:16 AM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
I hated to top the thread, but it's a healthy discussion and the forum is molasses slow. I just got to looking
at a few of them and thinking, "what's the worst that could happen? I hate em and the troops get em?" And I know
some of those guys LOVE EM. But tonight I have to smoke some bacon, and I guess I will smoke my Blondie, too.
I have been wanting to try that big ol E.O.Larry...not a fan of big cigars, but jeez, that thing's impressive. We shall see.
Like was said above, they only suck if you do not prefer that kind of thing. You look at Drew Est. other products and it
is clear that even given the fact they are flavored, it's likely the construction and materials are top notch.
Its one reason I respect them as cigar makers. Acids are made with quality tobaccos IMHO. They just happen to dip it all in my grandmother's perfume. :-)
[Reply]
Volusianator 10:19 AM 05-26-2011
Coke/Pepsi, Ford/Chevy, Beef/Pork...smoke what you like, like what you smoke. Would I smoke an Acid, no, would I look down on someone who does, HELL NO. It's your cigar, enjoy it, hell, maybe the super premium cigar your smoking someone else thinks is dog ****, and you know what, they're right...to them, to you, different story. Shallow minded OP

Originally Posted by TanithT:
I made the mistake of sniffing one, and I had to suspect that they have either found a way to mass produce Monica Lewinskis using 80 year old grandmas who bathe in arthritis cream, or somebody let a cat into the humidor who had been chewing on salted mackerel livers and drinking huge amounts of water out of an unflushed toilet.

I remember years back a truly horrid cigar produced for the "skater punk" subculture that smelled almost exactly like this, the Lars Tetens. I have to suspect it's the same maker. Some kindly soul needs to write them and let them know that the big white mints harvested fresh and dripping wet from public urinals are not, in fact, the best humidifiers for your long term cigar storage.

I did not dare smoke it. I put it down slowly and backed out of the humidor. For all I know it was contagious and I am already doomed. But for the love of Ghu, will someone please explain what these people were thinking? Eau de Ben Gay and chemical toilet with the subtle nuttiness of used cat litter is *not* a good cigar flavor. They did this to those cigars on purpose? :-)

[Reply]
maninblack 10:54 AM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
Coke/Pepsi, Ford/Chevy, Beef/Pork...smoke what you like, like what you smoke. Would I smoke an Acid, no, would I look down on someone who does, HELL NO. It's your cigar, enjoy it, hell, maybe the super premium cigar your smoking someone else thinks is dog ****, and you know what, they're right...to them, to you, different story. Shallow minded OP
Very well said. Who the hell am I to judge someone else's smoke?
[Reply]
Volusianator 10:57 AM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Who the hell am I to judge someone else's smoke?
Who are you...the Man In Black!
[Reply]
maninblack 10:58 AM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
Who are you...the Man In Black!
Nah , just a fan! There's only one MIB!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up