Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>My Favorite Cigar Aficionado Yet!!!
JJG 06:25 PM 04-28-2009
I've got nothing against CA. It keeps me entertained and I always enjoy the interviews. I think the main complaint is that there's not really much cigar content for a magazine named 'Cigar Aficionado' That, and the fact that their cigar ratings are a total joke. I mean seriously laughable.

If you wanted a strictly cigar mag, CA is pretty disappointing. If you wanted a food, wine, golf, cigars and travel mag, then cigar aficionado is just fine. :-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 06:43 PM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by Jimbo14:
So what does Jay Z smoke?

I thought he smoked 300 dollar Cohibas like 50 cent
[Reply]
replicant_argent 06:48 PM 04-28-2009
Sorry to be blunt.. But who the &*^%* is JayZ?
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 06:54 PM 04-28-2009
I actually enjoy this magazine. I like looking at all the high priced stuff, especially the watches and cars and I do find most of the articles to be pretty good. The one place I was able to purchase it around my area no longer carries it and I have no idea why. How can they pull CA but keep a stupid magazine on interior decorating???
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 06:54 PM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:

He is a rapper, business man
[Reply]
ActionAndy 06:56 PM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
He is a rapper, business man

He aint a businessman, he's a business, man.

:-)
[Reply]
Whee 06:59 PM 04-28-2009
Heh heh...I see what you did there...
[Reply]
pnoon 07:03 PM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
I actually enjoy this magazine. I like looking at all the high priced stuff, especially the watches and cars and I do find most of the articles to be pretty good. The one place I was able to purchase it around my area no longer carries it and I have no idea why. How can they pull CA but keep a stupid magazine on interior decorating???
Let me guess the obvious. They likely sell a whole lot more magazines on interior decorating and their readers are likely asking why they carry a "stupid magazine" on cigars.

[Reply]
rizzle 07:34 AM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by darkninja67:
You think this is an elitist board? Try some audio/video forums. Those guys are nuts.
No, not what I said, or think. I said "comments" and that point would be hard to argue.
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 07:43 AM 04-29-2009
I have never laughed so many times while reading one thread. This is a great one!
[Reply]
poriggity 08:24 AM 04-29-2009
I flipped through it at my local shop. This is the only issue I'd ever consider buying. I enjoyed it.
Scott
[Reply]
eboniknight 10:33 AM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by JJG:
I've got nothing against CA. It keeps me entertained and I always enjoy the interviews. I think the main complaint is that there's not really much cigar content for a magazine named 'Cigar Aficionado' That, and the fact that their cigar ratings are a total joke. I mean seriously laughable.

If you wanted a strictly cigar mag, CA is pretty disappointing. If you wanted a food, wine, golf, cigars and travel mag, then cigar aficionado is just fine. :-)
Agree!! As with anything you just have to take the ratings for what they are....opinions. Anyway, the lifestyle stuff in CA is always interesting as are most of their feature stories. And true they probably cater to that "high end" clientele but hell, if I could be one of those myself I probably would. :-)
[Reply]
kydsid 11:27 AM 04-29-2009
I like to sit down with CA every once and a while, but only because my supscription is free. :-) Otherwise I wouldn't bother with the magazine. But in the last two editions it has taken a slant towards more middle class adventures. Sign of the times I guess.

P.S. The first 5 people to PM me a name and shipping address, no PO Boxes, will get a free 1 year subscription.
[Reply]
AllOGistics 12:27 PM 04-29-2009
PM sent.
[Reply]
kydsid 12:31 PM 04-29-2009
I guess you cannot edit after a certain time. Well 3 left.
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:55 PM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by kydsid:
I like to sit down with CA every once and a while, but only because my supscription is free. :-) Otherwise I wouldn't bother with the magazine. But in the last two editions it has taken a slant towards more middle class adventures. Sign of the times I guess.

P.S. The first 5 people to PM me a name and shipping address, no PO Boxes, will get a free 1 year subscription.
Very generous of you!!!:-)
[Reply]
cbsmokin 01:55 PM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:
i bet he lurks here...
Busted!!!! Now you guys all know I light up with $100 bills.
[Reply]
kydsid 03:16 PM 04-29-2009
All gone.
[Reply]
groogs 03:24 PM 04-29-2009
The correct answer is...Who Cares. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up