Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>Generally Speaking.....
Skywalker 07:27 AM 04-21-2009
Originally Posted by Hardcz:
Generally speaking it's funny to watch a giant of a man run back and forth from his seat to the food table you moved directly in front of you, so he can grab handfuls of chips and buffalo chicken dip at herfs.

And generally speaking, it's polite to laugh to yourself instead of point it out when he ninjas the bowl and puts it on his chair so he can hoard it.
Jeez Dan!!! I didn't know you attended BABOTL Herfs... generally speaking!!!:-)
[Reply]
Ender 08:17 AM 04-21-2009
Generally speaking it's funny to watch a giant of a man run back and forth from his seat to the food table you moved directly in front of you, so he can grab handfuls of chips and buffalo chicken dip at herfs.

And generally speaking, it's polite to laugh to yourself instead of point it out when he ninjas the bowl and puts it on his chair so he can hoard it.
Yes, I'm surprised he didn't get sucked into the Vortex of Dan. We lost a lot good men that day battling the buffalo chicken dip from you.
[Reply]
icantbejon 08:57 AM 04-21-2009
Generally speaking, as a relative newbie still, I find CA a great place to come and find the knowledge I want about cigars. Some of the folks around here really know the ins and outs of th is hobby and have a vast amount of knowledge to pass on. I don't post nearly as much as I could, but I read a ton of posts here cause I can always find the answer to the questions I have. Thanks knowledgable ones.

Also, is there a "generally speaking" for a guy who is hosting his first herf, which is also simply his first herf?
[Reply]
Da Klugs 09:02 AM 04-21-2009
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
Generally speaking, as a relative newbie still, I find CA a great place to come and find the knowledge I want about cigars. Some of the folks around here really know the ins and outs of th is hobby and have a vast amount of knowledge to pass on. I don't post nearly as much as I could, but I read a ton of posts here cause I can always find the answer to the questions I have. Thanks knowledgable ones.

Also, is there a "generally speaking" for a guy who is hosting his first herf, which is also simply his first herf?
Shack herf I was my first herf hosted or attended.

Have things to eat and drink.
Seating for those that attend.
Ashtrays are a nice touch.
Try and relax, the only reason to be nervous is the unknown. It'll pass about 3 minutes after someone shows up. The guests make the party.
[Reply]
357 09:04 AM 04-21-2009

Generally speaking it's rather unusual for someone to move the whole table of snacks within arm's reach, then call out another for "hoarding" them........
[Reply]
Addiction 09:40 AM 04-21-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
The guests make the party.
Dave I find myself thinking this now at every party I go to, thank you for this amazing tidbit last year.
[Reply]
Addiction 09:43 AM 04-21-2009
Generally speaking I’d recommend that you stay away from buying boxes until you are six months into the hobby. Every brother of the leaf here prolly has a box or two that he over bought because he thought it was great early on.
[Reply]
Addiction 09:53 AM 04-21-2009
Generally speaking stop saving your best cigars for “special occasions.” A friend of mine had a box of Cubans from the late 80s and he’d been saving them for a while. When he found out I’d actually started smoking he told me we’d have one on a special occasion. I asked him did he smoke one when he married his amazingly beautiful wife who was an actual Playmate and who actually loves him? He said no. I asked if he smoked one when HP bought his company for a ransom? He said no. I asked if he smoked one when his twins were born? He said no.

I thought I knew the perfect time and told him “After we eat this fine meal and drink more scotch while crossing the street you will be crushed by an out of control city bus. Your wife will be devastated and mourn you for two years tops. But the girls will need a father and a playmate needs a man and she will eventually find one. They’ll date for a while and marry a year later, cause who lets a wealthy playmate get away? And while they are on their honeymoon on your yacht right before he consummates he’s gonna go up to the deck and smoke one of those Cohibas.”

Needless to say we cracked the box at a bbq the next day. Anyway sometimes you have to let “because its Tuesday” be a special enough occasion.
[Reply]
Addiction 09:54 AM 04-21-2009
Generally speaking there are no non-cubans that taste like Cubans.
[Reply]
Addiction 09:55 AM 04-21-2009
Generally speaking CCs are not better than NCs, just different. There are good NCs and good CCs. The golden rule is smoke what you like and like what you smoke.
[Reply]
ahc4353 09:57 AM 04-21-2009
Originally Posted by Addiction:
Generally speaking stop saving your best cigars for “special occasions.” ......

Needless to say we cracked the box at a bbq the next day. Anyway sometimes you have to let “because its Tuesday” be a special enough occasion.

Golf clap.

I learned that here.

One of the best pieces of knowledge I have taken away from the wonderful people here.
[Reply]
Addiction 09:58 AM 04-21-2009
Generally speaking there is no bad way to pick new cigars to try. You can pick based on magazine ratings, bands, recommendations of friends, etc. Hell you can pick based rolling chicken bones in a circle of goats blood if that’s your deal. Just try enough to figure out what you like and don’t like in general. Then try some more because your tastes are bound to change.
[Reply]
Addiction 10:01 AM 04-21-2009
Generally speaking nose smoking will blow your smoking mind. There will be cigars you couldn't appreciate before that open up whole new worlds after. There will also be cigars you loved previously that are not so dear to you.
[Reply]
lightning9191 10:30 AM 04-21-2009
Generally speaking if you post 7 times in 21 minutes in the same thread you may be a post whore:-)
[Reply]
Da Klugs 01:52 PM 04-22-2009
Wisdom and humor in the same post is a rare find. :-)

I try and use the same logic in dealing with "services" from yes dear. It does not seem to work quite as well in your example. :-)

Generally speaking stop saving your best cigars for “special occasions.” A friend of mine had a box of Cubans from the late 80s and he’d been saving them for a while. When he found out I’d actually started smoking he told me we’d have one on a special occasion. I asked him did he smoke one when he married his amazingly beautiful wife who was an actual Playmate and who actually loves him? He said no. I asked if he smoked one when HP bought his company for a ransom? He said no. I asked if he smoked one when his twins were born? He said no.

I thought I knew the perfect time and told him “After we eat this fine meal and drink more scotch while crossing the street you will be crushed by an out of control city bus. Your wife will be devastated and mourn you for two years tops. But the girls will need a father and a playmate needs a man and she will eventually find one. They’ll date for a while and marry a year later, cause who lets a wealthy playmate get away? And while they are on their honeymoon on your yacht right before he consummates he’s gonna go up to the deck and smoke one of those Cohibas.”

[Reply]
DocLogic77 03:03 PM 04-22-2009
Generally speaking I’d recommend that you stay away from buying boxes until you are six months into the hobby. Every brother of the leaf here prolly has a box or two that he over bought because he thought it was great early on.
Now this is terrific advice.
[Reply]
Ahbroody 03:10 PM 04-22-2009

I need to do this I have sticks like an Opus BBMF in glass tube and others that I am holding onto for something. I have no clue what that something is and if I die tomorrow I will have saved them for someone else. I think tonight I will smoke something That I have been sitting on for atleast a year.
[Reply]
hotreds 03:31 PM 04-22-2009
Since we are speaking in generalities: (And not avoiding duplication)

Aged are better than fresh
If you gotta smoke alone- doing so at the beach watching and hearing the waves is wonderful
You meet the nicest peeps at herfs
CC and NonCC have both good and bad
CS and now CA is the best cigar forum
A $25 cigar isn't always better than a $2 cigar!
Don't expect to stop at a 20 cigar desk top!
Being generous comes back atcha many fold
Don't take things on any forum too seriously
Don't take life too seriously- you won't get out of it alive!
[Reply]
kaisersozei 04:19 PM 04-22-2009
I asked him did he smoke one when he married his amazingly beautiful wife who was an actual Playmate and who actually loves him?
Generally speaking: pictures, or it didn't happen.

:-)
[Reply]
hotreds 04:23 PM 04-22-2009
Even if the don't smoke, bring your "significant others" to herfs as they will then see why we frequent same.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up