Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Opus Disappointment
warpedcigars 11:10 AM 04-11-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
Oh, from a DR puro standpoint, Litto has the Fuente boys beat IMO...
I gotta hand it to Litto to, the LG has a very close flavor profile to the Opus. Iv smoked many Opus, many LG's they are close. I prefer the Opus, with a few years on them just more complexity and alot more flavor. I will say though, Opus are very inconsistent, but Dec. 08s shipment was right on pare and I think they will be great in a few years.
[Reply]
Boss Hogg 03:56 PM 04-11-2009
Originally Posted by e-man67:
Don't give up! I have had plenty of not so good Opus...but I had one last nite (lancero) with a year on it and it was a beaut! :-)
Glad you enjoyed. I am looking forward to having one like this :-)

Originally Posted by MedicCook:
I prefered the Diamond Crown Maximus over the OpusX.
I've never had this cigar but now I am very curious. I am going to stop by the local B&M and look for this.
[Reply]
Humidor Minister 02:26 PM 04-12-2009
I've been lucky so far. I haven't had a bad one yet. I have a nice lil variety of the X's I'm letting sit. If you really want a geat Opus-X try the #5. That's a great cigar. :-)
[Reply]
dentonparrots 02:34 PM 04-12-2009
I smoked an Opus X Super Belicoso and gave a Spag cigar (which if I'm honest I'd never heard of) to a buddy whilst we played chess the other night and although the Opus wasn't bad, after taking a few swap draws with my buddy I've got to say I thought the Spag beat it hands down for taste, even if it did burn a bit faster than the Opus.

I know everyone has different preferences but that was mine.
[Reply]
Boss Hogg 09:16 PM 04-14-2009
Well... I buckled down and lit up an Opus X Petit Lancero. At least this cigar burned. I know it wasn't the exact one I had a bad experience with, but at least it got me out of the disappointment. This one was fresh right out of the box. As far as redeeming itself from the other one... I'm not to sure. I think it was to strong for me, being so fresh. It wasn't strong as in a nicotine buzz, but it was certainly spicy throughout the entire smoke. To me, this kind of drowned out any notable taste. I think I'll go with putting a few years on these bad boys till my next smoke. Other than that it was okay... I could have done without the poor weather conditions though :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up