Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Siglo Limited Reserve
thebiglebowski 12:07 PM 04-08-2009
Originally Posted by Nabinger16:
There's so many good cigars on the market and I'll personally never be able to try them all. Why would I want to wast my time on a cigar that can't stand on its own merit and not be marketed like some poser?
:-)

and i'm not saying you're stupid. the intent of this cigar is clear - to trick the inexperienced into buying what they think are cohibas.
[Reply]
s15driftking 12:16 PM 04-08-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
No, it's personal choice. Welcome to America Bobby.

i hear you 100% D-man. I'm just saying that perception is reality... and my perception of his statement is that it is quite an ignorant statement.

and to take "perception is reality" to the next level... his perception is that the cigar will suck... so he made that comment.. hence the ignorance....

You were right Darrell, this is America... and i for one think that this country is amazing and full of opportunity. I also think that a lot of people are ignorant in their own ways ... but that statement was just wow...

EDIT - i'm not going to get into a pissing contest with the (nabinger) guy on a cigar forum... the weather is too nice and the fairways are too perfect. sorry bud!
[Reply]
SmokinApe 12:18 PM 04-08-2009
People buy cigars because of the packaging, why wouldn't bad packaging cause people to not buy them?
[Reply]
LordOfWu 12:31 PM 04-08-2009
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:

and i'm not saying you're stupid. the intent of this cigar is clear - to trick the inexperienced into buying what they think are cohibas.
Having talked to the rep, and seen what Altadis has done with the new NC Trinidad bands, I don't think they are trying to trick anyone, they want to get their brands aligned for when the embargo ceases to exist. They are establishing their brand here for when they can provide multiple versions. Will some people buy them because they look like Cohiba's? Probably. It's been going on for longer than this, and will go on for longer than this cigar will last.

I'm a fan of smoke it, if it's worth it, buy it, if not, don't. BTW, I have tried that cigar, doesn't do much for me, too light, not enough flavor.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 12:42 PM 04-08-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
i hear you 100% D-man. I'm just saying that perception is reality... and my perception of his statement is that it is quite an ignorant statement.

and to take "perception is reality" to the next level... his perception is that the cigar will suck... so he made that comment.. hence the ignorance....
actually, if you read his original post, nabinger states that he refuses to ever smoke this cigar due to it's marketing ploys (paraphrasing here). he never said he's sure the cigar will suck.

and as far as perception being reality? that's only if you choose to take it that way. that's always been a pretty vapid phrase...
[Reply]
s15driftking 01:32 PM 04-08-2009
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:

and as far as perception being reality? that's only if you choose to take it that way.
point taken
[Reply]
rizzle 01:35 PM 04-08-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
CC RE's are something that is ordered from the importer. Pete decided to make his own and selectively distribute them.
Tomatoe, tomato. Accomplishes the same end result.

And I understand your point.
[Reply]
Nabinger16 05:28 PM 04-08-2009
Like it's been said, I never commented directly on the cigar. I never said the cigar was going to suck. I said that sort of marketing ploy annoys the living crap out of me, and I have no desire to smoke the cigar because of it.

FYI... Being referred to as:
ignorant and snobbish x10 :-)
multiple times isn't something a casual "sorry bud" usually covers. Even if was just my comment you didn't like, it was still pretty crappy.

I'm not looking to get into a pissing match either, so I'm just going to leave at that.
[Reply]
hank_612 06:48 PM 04-08-2009
I smoked a Siglo at the local shop yesterday. It tasted like every other general cigar but it did have a tad more spice. Maybe at 3 bucks it would be worth giving to a golfing buddy who you don't like.
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:04 PM 04-08-2009
Originally Posted by Nabinger16:
Like it's been said, I never commented directly on the cigar. I never said the cigar was going to suck. I said that sort of marketing ploy annoys the living crap out of me, and I have no desire to smoke the cigar because of it.

FYI... Being referred to as:

multiple times isn't something a casual "sorry bud" usually covers. Even if was just my comment you didn't like, it was still pretty crappy.

I'm not looking to get into a pissing match either, so I'm just going to leave at that.
the "Sorry bud" was in reference to the inability to have an arguement whether you wanted one or not. my opinion of your comment still stands.

note - that was merely for clarification.

no reason to be mad nabinger.. it's my opinion and i am entitled to it. i'm sure you have (or now have) an opinion of me and i am fine with it.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 04:42 PM 04-10-2009
the "Sorry bud" was in reference to the inability to have an arguement whether you wanted one or not. my opinion of your comment still stands.

note - that was merely for clarification.

no reason to be mad nabinger.. it's my opinion and i am entitled to it. i'm sure you have (or now have) an opinion of me and i am fine with it.
not trying to kick the horse, but was just persuing some new posts and saw this thread updated today:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10099

it's interesting you can see the selling point of the pre-embargo tobacco trying to lure in the gullible people, but not the selling point of naming a cigar after the much vaunted cuban cohiba siglo line? not to mention designing the packaging so similar to the real deal that most of us did a double take on it...

meh. probably not worth discussing.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up