Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: What Are Your Thoughts On The New 601 Bands?
I really like the old bands better 89 58.94%
I think the new bands are awesome 5 3.31%
I could really care less 57 37.75%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>601's New Bands
Volusianator 01:03 PM 01-01-2011
Originally Posted by Darrell:
I have better stuff to worry about than a manufacturer changing their band style. :-)
Absolutely true, which also holds true for 95% of every post on the site. It's conversation, just looking for opinion. I don't recall actually anybody saying they were worrying about it, just wondering what people opinions were is all.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 04:30 PM 01-01-2011
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
Absolutely true, which also holds true for 95% of every post on the site. It's conversation, just looking for opinion. I don't recall actually anybody saying they were worrying about it, just wondering what people opinions were is all.
Don't mind Darrell. He's just mad because he didn't get to ride Space Mountain. Waka Waka
[Reply]
Darrell 04:33 PM 01-01-2011
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
Don't mind Darrell. He's just mad because he didn't get to ride Space Mountain. Waka Waka
Noooooo we got to ride! About 30 mins after I posted we got to ride it. :-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 04:34 PM 01-01-2011
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Noooooo we got to ride! About 30 mins after I posted we got to ride it. :-)
I'm glad. I thought I was gonna have to fly out and give you a hug.

MCS
[Reply]
Pat1075 07:09 PM 01-02-2011
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
That is absolutely correct, but working at two cigar shops I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, bands make a difference. Not as much to the seasoned smoker, but the beginner, it means a lot.
all too true too many cigars fail because of stupid bands
[Reply]
staminator 09:22 PM 01-02-2011
Originally Posted by Pat1075:
all too true too many cigars fail because of stupid bands
That's why as a beginner it seems like a good idea to shop at a B&M. The conversations you have can educate you so quickly. I was ready to turn down the 601 (yes for the band), and then one of the workers at the shop suggested it. And yes it was delicious. Mmm...
[Reply]
jesseboston81 09:21 AM 01-05-2011
"Cartoonish" is the perfect way to describe the new bands, although I don't like the old bands all that much either. On the old bands the 601 seems hidden, and they could have emphasized it better without resorting to the style of the new bands.
[Reply]
NorcalMark 03:55 PM 01-05-2011
Looks like the cost of the band may come down a bit.

Four Colors, embossed. = big dough
Three Colors, non embossed = plain band, less money.

Maybe the cost of the cigar will come down. Just sayin

Mark
[Reply]
Mr B 05:16 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by NorcalMark:
Looks like the cost of the band may come down a bit.

Four Colors, embossed. = big dough
Three Colors, non embossed = plain band, less money.

Maybe the cost of the cigar will come down. Just sayin

Mark
Lets see.....money in our pocket.....or money in his pocket.....:-)
[Reply]
thebayratt 05:58 PM 01-05-2011
The old ones are better, but could give two pennies less. All I care about is the smoke.
[Reply]
NorcalMark 10:10 AM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by Mr B:
Lets see.....money in our pocket.....or money in his pocket.....:-)
I am sure it's money in their pocket. But the concept is right. :-)

Mark
[Reply]
awsmith4 10:16 AM 01-06-2011
Or maybe they are off setting a production price increase. Change to a cheaper band so that the profit margin stays the same without having to raise the price of the cigar.

My only rant is they discontinued the 601 Black which is/was a fantastic cigar.
[Reply]
Black Label 01:16 PM 01-06-2011
They are nice!
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 01:23 PM 01-06-2011
Definitely not a fan of the new bands...they look too generic for me.
[Reply]
jsnake 07:56 PM 01-06-2011
Who cares about the band? What matters is the tobacco underneath. Eddie Ortega did announce a price decrease on 601. I don't mind the new bands at all. Makes them stick out and are much easier to read and see. They looked great at IPCPR.
[Reply]
kafreeman 09:01 PM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by jsnake:
Who cares about the band? What matters is the tobacco underneath. Eddie Ortega did announce a price decrease on 601. I don't mind the new bands at all. Makes them stick out and are much easier to read and see. They looked great at IPCPR.
I havent seen anyone drop them yet though.
[Reply]
Zeuceone 10:11 PM 01-07-2011
Had my first one today and it was great. I didn't have any trouble with the label. Maybe next time ill toast it before I get to it so it burns a little better.
[Reply]
bajaraider 04:05 PM 01-11-2011
I think the new bands are pretty bad, but the cigar is still great.

I do not buy a cigar for the band.
However, when looking to try a new cigar I have to admit, the marketing of the cigar does have some impact. If the box and band look cheap and I am looking at a pricey cigar, I will more than likely pass. If the marketing shows that there has been some effort put forth, then I assume (until proven otherwise) that the cigar had that much attention as well.

Just my two cents...
[Reply]
Skywalker 04:30 PM 01-11-2011
OB Rules!!!

Old Band!!!
[Reply]
Volusianator 05:06 PM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by jsnake:
Who cares about the band?
Well, that's why I asked the question. If you notice, I didn't say it was a bad cigar, just wondered what other thought of the band.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up