Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Entertainment>The Top 50 Guitarists Of All Time
Volt 06:36 AM 05-05-2009
Typicall list - highly agumentitive to me. Usually most list make more sense as to the choices:

"16.Slash
He is credited with at least 2 or 3 of the best, and most memorable, giutar solos of all time. How could their creator not end up high on this list?"

2 - 3 solos do not make you "great"

33.John Fogerty
Basically, it comes down to this. There had to be a representative for Creedence. He was the one that made the most sense for the list.

Why does Creedence "have" to make the list? John is good, but man not that good. And Kurt?????? Standard one each rock guitar player. No innovation or new wow guitar there. I'd definitly put Mark Knoeffler (Dire Straits) over these two and he didn't make the list. Glad to see Brian May did though.

Most on the list are very good players and to quibble position 9 vrs 14, etc is a waste of time IMO. I agree with the post they left out a lot of great guitar players Roy Clark, etc. Unless this was a rock only catagory, but then they did list some blues greats.
[Reply]
357 12:28 PM 05-05-2009
Call me a homer, but how can the Motor City Madman not even get mentioned???

NUGE!!!

Anyone???
[Reply]
icehog3 01:05 PM 05-05-2009
Originally Posted by 357:
Call me a homer, but how can the Motor City Madman not even get mentioned???

NUGE!!!

Anyone???
Ted rocks. :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 01:36 PM 05-05-2009
Ted rocks but I got one word for you:

Esteban!

No love for classical guitar? Andres Segovia!
[Reply]
tsolomon 01:52 PM 05-05-2009
Originally Posted by mcmoyer:
Where's Alvin Lee??

:-)
[Reply]
TonySmith 05:34 PM 05-05-2009
I've got 2 words to say about this list.

Bull Butter :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 05:38 PM 05-05-2009
Where is Bucket Head?

[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 10:11 PM 05-05-2009
Where the heck is Lindsay Buckingham?
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 11:34 PM 05-05-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
Typicall list - highly agumentitive to me. Usually most list make more sense as to the choices:

"16.Slash
He is credited with at least 2 or 3 of the best, and most memorable, giutar solos of all time. How could their creator not end up high on this list?"

2 - 3 solos do not make you "great"

33.John Fogerty
Basically, it comes down to this. There had to be a representative for Creedence. He was the one that made the most sense for the list.

Why does Creedence "have" to make the list? John is good, but man not that good. And Kurt?????? Standard one each rock guitar player. No innovation or new wow guitar there. I'd definitly put Mark Knoeffler (Dire Straits) over these two and he didn't make the list. Glad to see Brian May did though.

Most on the list are very good players and to quibble position 9 vrs 14, etc is a waste of time IMO. I agree with the post they left out a lot of great guitar players Roy Clark, etc. Unless this was a rock only catagory, but then they did list some blues greats.
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up