mosesbotbol 06:40 AM 04-10-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Put Pete in!! :-)
No kidding. :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 07:53 AM 04-10-2011
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Palemiro was a good player, but

He lied about his steroid use in front of a congressional hearing. He's not getting in anytime soon.
Which was covered in my opening post:
Originally Posted by Stephen:
If guys like Rafael Palmeiro and Mark McGwire are having serious difficulty getting votes
Ramirez had a better peak, but he didn't have a better career than Palmeiro. Further, right or wrong, how voters like/dislike a player influence their voting and Ramirez didn't exactly have a love affair with the media. That's why I'm saying that guys like Palmeiro (who, although wasn't a media darling, wasn't scorned either) and McGwire (who was loved by the media) are having a tough time getting votes (to the point that the HOF are passing them over to induct lesser candidates), somebody like Ramirez who was always at odds with them, will find his ballot box pretty lean five years from now.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:34 PM 04-10-2011
Originally Posted by Stephen:
Which was covered in my opening post:
Manny didn't lie to congress like big Mac and RP, you didn't mention that in your post. He isn't going to be in the HoF, but at least he's always been consistent with his douche baggery. And I think the media loved him personally, there was never any shortage of news :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 10:27 PM 04-10-2011
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Manny didn't lie to congress like big Mac and RP, you didn't mention that in your post. He isn't going to be in the HoF, but at least he's always been consistent with his douche baggery. And I think the media loved him personally, there was never any shortage of news :-)
I wasn't addressing him lying to Congress, I conceded that Palmeiro wasn't getting into the HOF anytime soon (if ever). In the end, both Palmeiro and Ramirez were caught and in doing so severely tarnished their careers.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up