Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>LP Unico Serie "Papas Fritas"
equetefue 12:16 PM 11-27-2012
A website mentioned that they have received word that they wont e available until the beginning of the year. Bummer
[Reply]
DaBear 12:27 PM 11-27-2012
I'm not surprised. They have to wait for more No. 9s to be made to get the wrapper leaf for these.
[Reply]
neoflex 09:10 AM 11-29-2012
Yeah, do not get me wrong, I love Liga Privada but they definitely seem to be having issues and have been for some time with production of most of their lines in the Liga lineup.I really wish I didn't have to ration out my T-52s but it is what it is and at least they're not just pumping out sh*t to keep up with demand. I am guessing the Paps Fritas aren't ready yet so they are holding them back which I can respect. Many others have shot themselves in the foot with a new stick by releasing it when it was still green turning people off of the stick forever. I just wish they (the industry as a whole) would be more realistic with their release dates even if it meant pushing it way out and than releasing it early if need be.
[Reply]
milhouse 09:19 AM 11-29-2012
Steve Saka posted over at puff.com, and he says these will be out mid December, the wait is due to delays in the packaging, the tins and the boxes.

He did mention authorizing the extra cost to get these to us mid December. He said the good news was that this delay caused an extra supply of these sticks, so they should be easier to get.
[Reply]
T.G 09:36 AM 11-29-2012
Originally Posted by milhouse:
Steve Saka posted over at p**f.com...
Just FYI, that word, we don't use it here in that context.

If you look into the reasons why this site was founded and what Craputo did, you'll understand.
[Reply]
never_enough 09:49 AM 11-29-2012
I will try a couple of these if I can get my hands on them. My Christmas cigar list is getting long:-)
[Reply]
Cville Cigar 07:47 PM 11-30-2012
Bought a 4 pack yesterday, will be here soon.:-):-)
[Reply]
Rhino 08:13 PM 12-02-2012
For me it's not so much about the price but about the time. Most LP's take 1.5 to 2 hours to smoke. I love LP's but I need something faster to smoke.
[Reply]
Pilon 08:23 PM 12-02-2012
Got a B&M to hold two tins for me when they come in. Looking forward to it.
[Reply]
cmitch 08:36 PM 12-02-2012
As always, Liga Privadas of no kind can be found around here so I have to snag what I can online which can be a challenge. Maybe Jonathan Drew can open the Cigar Room in Madison, AL to be a dealer soon, to fill this hole.
[Reply]
milhouse 07:21 PM 12-03-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:
Just FYI, that word, we don't use it here in that context.

If you look into the reasons why this site was founded and what Craputo did, you'll understand.
I have no idea what you are talking about, and apologize if I stepped on any toes. Just trying to pass some info that I thought was useful. :-)
[Reply]
DaBear 10:48 PM 12-03-2012
I have no idea what you are talking about, and apologize if I stepped on any toes. Just trying to pass some info that I thought was useful. :-)
The site you mentioned is what he's referring to. Its a site that harbors some strong feelings to say the least on the board, so we for the most part pretend it doesn't exist or refer to it as "another board." No biggie, just a rule of thumb to follow around here.
[Reply]
T.G 01:00 AM 12-04-2012
Originally Posted by DaBear:
The site you mentioned is what he's referring to. Its a site that harbors some strong feelings to say the least on the board, so we for the most part pretend it doesn't exist or refer to it as "another board." No biggie, just a rule of thumb to follow around here.
Pretty much. Craputo is all about his own personal profit and screw anyone who disagrees with him. He bought up a bunch of cigar boards and basically destroyed them when he merged them into one megaboard; all so he could sell higher priced ad-space. That wasn't enough though, so he datamined the userbase and sold that info. Lied to, disrespected and back stabbed a number of good people, including all 11 of the owners of this board, all for his personal profit. In light of that, the least we can do is to not post things that could redirect automated traffic to his site, which could lead to an increase in his profits.

Star out a few letters, or change the U to a V, as "pvff" won't direct traffic to him.

That's all that was meant by my comment. The information you provided was very beneficial to the thread, thank you.
[Reply]
milhouse 07:39 AM 12-04-2012
thanks for the background info. I appreciate it.
[Reply]
equetefue 07:33 AM 12-05-2012
FYI I just pre-ordered my box from Egars. They email me back that they should have them next week. Crossing fingers.
[Reply]
Frodo 07:38 AM 12-05-2012
+1!
[Reply]
chaase321 06:52 PM 12-12-2012
Originally Posted by equetefue:
FYI I just pre-ordered my box from Egars. They email me back that they should have them next week. Crossing fingers.
Yeah I just did that too...they emailed me back saying they are sold out but that they are gonna hold my money. Why not, let me not order!
[Reply]
Zane 07:10 PM 12-12-2012
Yeah. I had no idea. Things we learn.
[Reply]
equetefue 11:34 AM 12-15-2012
Guys, bought my box this morning from Coronas Cigar in the Sand Lake location. They had 7 left after buying leaving with mine. Give them a call.
[Reply]
iaMkcK 04:55 PM 12-20-2012
Got an e-mail from Smoke Inn, saying they were available. Went to the site 30 minutes after I got the e-mail.. Out of Stock.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
Up