Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Entertainment>Top Shot on the History Channel
MurphysLaw 08:36 AM 04-07-2011
So glad Jay is gone, that Barrett .50 was so badass, can't wait to see what comes next
[Reply]
James In NC 10:35 AM 04-07-2011
Season Two is definitely better done that Season One was. More shooting, less crud, better guns. I was rather put out by the poor performance of the US and World Handgun Champs. But it seems the less specialized shooters do a better job overall.

As a competitive shooter I find a lot of things about the show very annoying.... when the information is just wrong (Civil War Sharpshooters and then they bring out an 1874 Sharps - two decades later than the Civil War), the host and his grin and lousy script, etc. But as a vehicle to show shooting, the shooting sports, and firearms in general in a positive light to the average person, I think it does well.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 10:38 AM 04-07-2011
I agree, I'm a little disappointed in the lack of variety though, there are so many great weapons systems out there and they've used the 1911 more than once
[Reply]
kickerb 02:38 PM 04-08-2011
Seriously? Who likes George? He is a cocky little a-hole, imo. I really hope he doesn't win.
[Reply]
TonySmith 03:31 PM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by kickerb:
Seriously? Who likes George? He is a cocky little a-hole, imo. I really hope he doesn't win.
haha, I agree, he's a butt.
[Reply]
kickerb 08:16 AM 04-13-2011
Damn, anybody see what a little baby Ashley was being towards Jamie last night?

Spoiler:

Ashley went home. haha, dude got what he deserved.
[Reply]
BamBam 09:56 AM 04-13-2011
Damn, anybody see what a little baby Ashley was being towards Jamie last night?

Spoiler:

Ashley went home. haha, dude got what he deserved.
I was thrilled to see Ashley go home. I liked him up until this last episode where he was being an a-hole towards Jamie, unprovoked, and calling him fake. Even Brian said that Jamie never claimed to be a SEAL, it was just from nicknames they gave each other. Then the icing on the cake was when he wouldn't shake Jamie's hand when he lost, grow up. I always thought he wasn't a very good shot anyways.

I would love to see George go home next, he is a true a$$. He is also so two faced it's painful. I see him joking with Jamie in one scene, and telling the interview camera "F*#@ You" towards Jamie the next.

Great season though. I'm pulling for Jamie now, he's definitely the underdog because of the bullseye on his back.
[Reply]
kickerb 10:38 AM 04-13-2011
Originally Posted by BamBam:
I'm pulling for Jamie now, he's definitely the underdog because of the bullseye on his back.
same here :-)
[Reply]
Eleven 11:57 AM 04-13-2011
Dang....saw the spoiler alert and read it anyway. Still haven't watched my DVR of this episode yet, but I am shocked to hear that Ashley ended up being such a tool. George is a tool for sure, but I was actually hoping Ashley would end up winning.

Now I gotta watch this tonight!

(Btw, I'm not sure what qualified Colby to be a host, he was a Survivor loser from way way back. The one and only Survivor season I watched!)
[Reply]
kickerb 12:16 PM 04-13-2011
Originally Posted by Eleven:
Still haven't watched my DVR of this episode yet, but I am shocked to hear that Ashley ended up being such a tool. George is a tool for sure, but I was actually hoping Ashley would end up winning.
After you watch how Ashley acted, I think you would have changed your opinion. I don't know what got into him. He used to be the cool guy, and just went with the flow. He did a 180 seems like.
[Reply]
TonySmith 05:43 PM 04-13-2011
The Hi-Power must be a nice pistol, everyone shot well with it
[Reply]
replicant_argent 06:29 PM 04-13-2011
Originally Posted by TonySmith:
The Hi-Power must be a nice pistol, everyone shot well with it
JMB's design after the 1911, in service for decades in many countries. I would love one.
[Reply]
Ranger_B 08:39 PM 04-13-2011
Hi Power was my first pistol. Also my first and most regretted sale. I will buy another some day.
[Reply]
kickerb 06:56 AM 04-20-2011
Well they got to shoot the Glock 17 last night. Pretty cool challange. What did you think about SPOILER...

...Jamie going home??
[Reply]
CasaDooley 10:00 AM 04-20-2011
Wished it would have been George. I think he's a whiny asshat!
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 10:04 AM 04-20-2011
Originally Posted by CasaDooley:
Wished it would have been George. I think he's a whiny asshat!
I agree, he looked like he was going to stain his shorts thinking about getting dropped from the crane
[Reply]
Eleven 11:49 AM 04-20-2011
After you watch how Ashley acted, I think you would have changed your opinion. I don't know what got into him. He used to be the cool guy, and just went with the flow. He did a 180 seems like.

Without a doubt. Dude went full-on asshat.
[Reply]
Bruzee 04:43 PM 04-20-2011
Too much b-s drama this season. Just shut up and shoot. They spend more time covering the drama. than the shooting. Thats my :-).
[Reply]
TonySmith 07:33 PM 04-20-2011
Originally Posted by Bruzee:
Too much b-s drama this season. Just shut up and shoot. They spend more time covering the drama. than the shooting. Thats my :-).
Thats how they turn 20 minutes of shooting into an hour show :-)
[Reply]
kickerb 01:05 PM 04-21-2011
Originally Posted by TonySmith:
Thats how they turn 20 minutes of shooting into an hour show :-)
:-) its sad, but true. there is a whole lotta filler in this series.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up