Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>What's the one cigar that...
Mr B 04:13 PM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by issues:
Being Puerto Rican I always wanted to try those, unfortunately you cannot purchase them in singles and have to jump into a bundle for around $135.

You don't know of any distributor other than don-collins.com that carries them do you?
PM sent
[Reply]
shilala 04:36 PM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by Caymus:
The Felipe Gregorio Pelo de Oro is featured from time to time on Joe's Jambalaya and on Cbid.

Thanks for all the great replies. It gives me some good ideas to try when I'm in the mood to try something new and off the beaten path.
I've had Pelo De Oro's that were spectacular, and ones that weren't fit to smoke. I'm not even talking about minor changes, more like a person would never recognize a single thing between two if they were blindfolded.
I was really excited about them when I initially found them, then gave them up for junk.
If they're right, they are a true joy, and something that's not duplicated out there (in my experience). :-)
[Reply]
ripper 05:29 PM 04-15-2010
Good thread.
Nording robustos & toros by Rocky Patel.

[Reply]
captain53 06:48 PM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
They were better a few years back. There still good today just not as good.
Posted via Mobile Device
I have to agree with you on that but I find almost all cigars that way these days.
[Reply]
kenstogie 07:12 PM 04-15-2010
I also like the Pepin Fumadores. There purdy cheep 2
[Reply]
Powers 07:31 PM 04-15-2010
Haven't had enough CCs to say yet but as far as NCs go....5 Vegas Miami toro, Angel 100, RP Sungrowns and Casa Fernandez Lanceros (although the latter is hard to find)

:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:28 PM 04-15-2010
La Gloria Cubana Maduros.
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:42 PM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by macsauce13:
Thats good to hear, as I was afraid he had major damage to his taste buds! :-)
I have the taste buds of an Ogre...:-)
[Reply]
Mpython24 09:49 PM 04-15-2010
idk if this fits but the RyJ Reserva Real and the plain ol CAO Gold. Seem to be the ones that i wish i had some more of somedays.
[Reply]
macsauce13 09:53 PM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
I have the taste buds of an Ogre...:-)
You know what? If you like them then good for you! You like a cheap cigar that won't empty your wallet.

"Smoke what you like my friend!"
[Reply]
Coz77 06:45 AM 04-16-2010
Thought of another one guys.... I enjoyed a 5 pack of these last summer and couldn't get enough. I personally went into them expecting a dog rocket. Turns out I nubbed every single one.

Creme De Jamaica
[Reply]
Kreth 07:29 AM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
I also like the Pepin Fumadores. There purdy cheep 2
I just snagged a box of these. Very tasty, and surprisingly decent burn for a sandwich cigar.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
shilala 07:49 AM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by volfan:
This is a VERY easy one for me, Two brands, El Original and Esencia.
I'll second the El Original. I like the toro maduro the best. I'm never without a box, haven't been for a few years now. I absolutely love them, and that's a lot to say for an international blend like the El. How it stays so consistant, I'll never know.
[Reply]
danreeve 08:43 AM 04-16-2010
New Havana Cigars House E.L. #2

I could smoke that everyday.
[Reply]
Caymus 11:22 AM 04-16-2010
[quote=ripper;829348]Good thread.
Nording robustos & toros by Rocky Patel.

What's the Nording like ? I am seeing them at clearout prices, but I can't find many reviews. Are they made by Rocky ? What are they comparable to ?
[Reply]
ripper 12:53 PM 04-16-2010
QUOTE: What's the Nording like ? I am seeing them at clearout prices, but I can't find many reviews. Are they made by Rocky ? What are they comparable to ?[/quote]

Medium strength, spicy, good wrapper from Costa Rica, a coffee/caramel tinge, esp. in the latter stages. Beautiful aroma. Like a mellow version of the Oliva Serie V.
Well-made, I smoke 2 or 3 a week, and have never had a bummer draw.
Nordings are made by Rocky Patel in Honduras. They changed the packaging. The new box is not as stout, and the logo has been altered. The original logo and packaging were boring. That's why you see the toros on closeout at Holt's for a bargain price of $69.95 for 25.
[Reply]
Tredegar 04:54 PM 04-16-2010
You mean these?

These are currently my favorite, most consistent NC smokes also. I always look for them on CBid when I run low.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up