Know anywhere I can get Opus X singles?
Um... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
colinb913 04:12 PM 03-14-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Um... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
What? I don't have the unlimited cigar fund going.. I am a student, so finding the least expensive, good sticks is my priority.
[Reply]
Aron 04:15 PM 03-14-2010
Seeing as how I'm a college student without a steady income other than my weekly allowance, I like to keep things cheap.

I've fallen in love with Olivas, be they Serie G, O, or V (yum, yum, yum!)
Relatively inexpensive, but very full of body and flavor. Highly recommended.
In addition, Sancho Panza's also a wonderful smoke.

You can probably tell that I loves me some maduro. And I do. 'Cuz it's yummy. :-)
[Reply]
colinb913 04:17 PM 03-14-2010
Aron, I am a high school student, so I know how you feel!
[Reply]
Aron 04:18 PM 03-14-2010
In that case, steal your cigars! Steal as many as you can fit in your enormous pockets!

(Please don't steal cigars)
(But if you do, please send some to me)

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
captain53 04:26 PM 03-14-2010
Originally Posted by colinb913:
Aron, I am a high school student, so I know how you feel!
????????

What? I don't have the unlimited cigar fund going.. I am a student, so finding the least expensive, good sticks is my priority.

????????

????????

:-)Something does not seem quite right here.
[Reply]
Razorhog 04:34 PM 03-14-2010
Originally Posted by captain53:
????????

????????

????????

:-)Something does not seem quite right here.
:-)
[Reply]
colinb913 04:36 PM 03-14-2010
I am sorry, please explain, and I will try to clear it up for you.

Never mind. I just looked up the single Opus X and saw the price.. I didn't know that they were that expensive!!!' I am guessing that is what was confusing everyone..
[Reply]
Aron 04:48 PM 03-14-2010
Yeah, they're something ridiculous. I honestly wonder if they're worth the prices they command...
[Reply]
Tripp 05:00 PM 03-14-2010
I think what he's saying is that he wants to smoke cheapo's regularly and is looking for reccomendations on what to buy, but is also interested in trying an Opus.

On topic, for years, I would go to the B&M once or twice a month, and pick up a fistfull of sticks, usually spending $30-$50 each time. More recently I've decided that I can keep expanding my horizons, but instead of buying 5-6 sticks I'm looking to try a couple times a month, I just buy a <$100 box every month or so.

Some of my go-to sticks are:
Tabacos Baez SF - Mixed filler, medium bodied with tons of flavor from Don Pepin. They run about $40 for a box of 20.
Fumadores - Available only from Holts, they're another mixed filler Pepin, that are also around $40 for 20.

Some other good ones to try would be Don Pepin Garcia Black, Gran Habano 3 Siglos, Gran Habano Corojo, and Tatuaje P series(White Label, though they seem to be getting harder to find)
[Reply]
tx_tuff 05:13 PM 03-14-2010
If I want to make something I know I'm going to love its either a Padilla Miami Robusto or a Illusione 88.
[Reply]
colinb913 05:17 PM 03-14-2010
Tripp you nailed it! I am trying to find inexpensive sticks to buy so I can "broaden my horizons" but am also interested in the Opus brand.
[Reply]
Razorhog 05:30 PM 03-14-2010
I am sorry, please explain, and I will try to clear it up for you.

Never mind. I just looked up the single Opus X and saw the price.. I didn't know that they were that expensive!!!' I am guessing that is what was confusing everyone..
Since you're in high school, I'll assume you are 18. You are 18 aren't you?
If so, check out any stogies by Punch, very reasonably priced and most B&M's have them.
[Reply]
Tripp 05:43 PM 03-14-2010
Tripp you nailed it! I am trying to find inexpensive sticks to buy so I can "broaden my horizons" but am also interested in the Opus brand.
Opuses aren't quite as expensive if you get them from the right place. $11-$15 if you get them from someone who doesn't jack the prices up. IMO, they're worth the money, but even if I could afford it, I still wouldn't smoke them every day. I'd recommend picking one of if you ever get the chance.
[Reply]
colinb913 06:43 PM 03-14-2010
Tripp- I was looking at cigar.com they were 25-32 a piece..
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:58 PM 03-14-2010
Tripp- I was looking at cigar.com they were 25-32 a piece..
That is the marked up price Tripp was talking about. :-)
[Reply]
Thrak 07:06 PM 03-14-2010
Go to is

Oliva Serie G
Perdomo SlowAged
Perdomo Lot 23

and new on the list

Diesel :-)
[Reply]
Mr.Erskine 04:14 AM 03-15-2010
I used to fall back on pretty much any Exile, but my B&M hasn't carried them in over a year..

Now, it's usually:
Oliva Serive V (torpedo when possible)
AVO Maduro No. 2
Rocky Patel The Edge
[Reply]
Addiction 05:51 AM 03-15-2010
Try the RP Sungrown, not to expensive and a tasty little stick in my opinion. I used to love those.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 06:12 AM 03-15-2010
I started smoking when I was in High School too.

I smoked:
Sancho Panza Double Maduros/Extra Fuerte
Perdomo Lot 23
Padron 2000 Maduro
Punch
and an Acid once :-)

Those are relatively inexpensive with a good range of flavors. Stay away from Acid though. Its was more $$ and less "good" flavor than any of them!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up