Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: What do you like best, Arturo Fuente or Padrón?
Arturo Fuente 85 36.48%
Padrón 148 63.52%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 8
< 123 45 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Fuente vs. Padron
Smokin Gator 06:15 PM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
I like the lower end Padrons more than the lower end Fuentes but I like the higher end Fuentes more than the higher end Padrons.
Fuente for me!!
[Reply]
icehog3 06:57 PM 04-29-2009
I don't smoke too many NCs anymore, but I enjoy these two brands above most others. If I had to make a choice, I would choose Fuente.
[Reply]
mash 07:00 PM 04-29-2009
Padron in a heartbeat.
[Reply]
JJG 07:07 PM 04-29-2009
If price was not a factor I would have to say Fuente. I've been a big Padron fan for years now. It was a 5'er of 3000s that actually got me hooked on cigars in the first place, but frankly they kind of bore me now.

In the interest of full disclosure, I just prefer Dominican tobacco. It seems to have the potential to approach the level of depth and complexity you get from Cuban tobacco, especially when purchased at a B&M. :-)

I think I've had the best of the best that Nicaragua has to offer and while great, there is definitely a ceiling to their potential,(in my opinion).
[Reply]
WyGuy 07:53 PM 04-29-2009
I'd have to go with Fuente.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:54 PM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace:
Padron

But then again I am a Padron whore.
:-)
...and DAMN proud of it!!
[Reply]
ucla695 08:07 PM 04-29-2009
Although I like the draw more on Fuentes, I'm going to have to go with Padrons because I haven't had a bad one yet. :-)
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 08:09 PM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by zmancbr:
Fuente no questions asked... While I do enjoy some padrons, I find them to be too expensive for what I get... and some Fuentes are over priced, but I just steer clear of them (GOF comes to mind).

I haven't smoked a Padron in almost a year if that helps... while my last Fuente was probably less than two weeks ago. :-)
I got yer back in this poll bud......
FUENTE!
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 08:12 PM 04-29-2009
Como estamos hablando de dos "puros", en el sentido literal donde todas las hojas son de un solo pais, decidi dar mi respuesta en español.

Los dos son muy buenos - el AF de la Republica Dominicana es rico y tiene el suyo, especialmente hablando de su mercadotecnia con los estuches pero no se compara con un Padròn Anni 26 de Nicaragua.

¡Nisiquiera con un 64 en mi humilde opinion!

He fumado los dos, actualmente fume los dos ayer y por mucho el Padron gana por mucho.

Ahora, a ver si uno de mis BOTL contestan en español tambien (¿Papichulo, Lenguamor - Donde andan?)

And for those that don't speak Spanish - I no longer wear a tinfoil hat!
[Reply]
darkninja67 08:12 PM 04-29-2009
Not even a question for me: Fuente all the way. Just to have a go at the Anejos.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 08:12 PM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
I got yer back in this poll bud......
FUENTE!
why is there a blacked out Tahoe in front of your house?
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 08:14 PM 04-29-2009
Since we are talking about two "pure" in the literal sense where all the leaves are only one country has decided to give my answer in Spanish.

Both are very good - the AF of the Dominican Republic is rich and has his own, especially about their marketing with the cases but does not compare with a Padron 26 Anni Nicaragua.

¡Did not even with a 64 in my humble opinion!

He smoked two today and yesterday the two smoked by far the Padron wins by far.

Now, to see if one of my BOTL also replied in Spanish (¿Papichulo, Lenguamor - Where to go?
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 08:15 PM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
why is there a blacked out Tahoe in front of your house?
lol... that's why I used the red font... to match all the dots on my forehead!
[Reply]
longknocker 08:15 PM 04-29-2009
Update: 14-14 as close as I can tell!:-):-)
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 08:16 PM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
Since we are talking about two "pure" in the literal sense where all the leaves are only one country has decided to give my answer in Spanish.

Both are very good - the AF of the Dominican Republic is rich and has his own, especially about their marketing with the cases but does not compare with a Padron 26 Anni Nicaragua.

¡Did not even with a 64 in my humble opinion!

He smoked two today and yesterday the two smoked by far the Padron wins by far.

Now, to see if one of my BOTL also replied in Spanish (¿Papichulo, Lenguamor - Where to go?
:-) You made me laugh man!

[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 08:16 PM 04-29-2009
I can honestly say I've never had a Padrón that I liked , to ashy and harsh and I've only tried the Anniversary lines . Fuente all the way from my Shark Tank to my 858 Sg's to my Chateùs to Opus Super Belis and Petit Lanceros to Hemingway Natties and the super cheap Curly Head Deluxe Maddies . :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 08:17 PM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
lol... that's why I used the red font... to match all the dots on my forehead!
:-):-) start moving erratically
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 08:18 PM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by Texan in Mexico:
:-) You made me laugh man!

:-) great minds think alike, or I just plagiarised you.
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:23 PM 04-29-2009
I have only smoked a couple Padrons so I have more experience with Fuente which is not saying much. At this point I would have to go with Fuente just because I have smoked more and know that I enjoy all their lines. As I get to smoke more Padron that might changes since I have really enjoyed the couple Padrons I have smoked so far.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:25 PM 04-29-2009
I started out with Fuente but as of late I'm not much for anything but the Hemingway short story. I have never had a bad Padron. Love 'em anytime I can get 'em. If I could afford it, I'd smoke a Padron everyday:-)

This thread doesn't have a poll?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 45 > Last »
Up