Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cutting cigars in half?
Chingas 07:56 AM 08-02-2010
Originally Posted by WhoDeySchenk:
THIS coming from the guy who lights BOTH ends and a punch whole in the middle and "shotguns" the cigar.
~tisk tisk tisk~ :-) (I'll waive your flag for you Dan)

Sucked or not, that picture is PRICELESS!
[Reply]
T.G 08:50 AM 08-02-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I did that b/c that cigar (Flor de Oliva Maduro) sucked. It sucked even worse with both sides lit.
I did that to a Burpha, errr, Gurkha Legend perfecto, and it greatly improved the cigar. Namely because within a few minutes the POS was too hot to smoke and I had to toss it.
[Reply]
Blueface 09:21 AM 08-02-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Why not just select a smaller stick?

The larger sticks are blended and rolled to be smoked as a whole.
Totally agree.

I have cut many churchills down to various sizes and they have not been the same as having smoked them whole. The reason I have cut them has always had to do with just trying to resolve plugged cigars. Some have only needed a third or less cut and those have not differed as much. However, those that I have cut in half or more, have varied vastly from the original smoke experience of that cigar.
[Reply]
kenstogie 01:30 PM 08-02-2010
Correct me if I am wrong but it's my understanding Cigars have different blend throughout the cigar. More ligero in foot then less or however. Point is it's not symetrical throughout the cigar.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:17 PM 08-02-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Yuppers.

There is a famous story from the CS days about a Lusitania being cut in half...I am sure it will surface here today. :-)
:-):-)
Originally Posted by Texan in Mexico:
Real men cut Lusi´s in half!
Damn right!:-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 05:23 PM 08-02-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:

Yer pretty freakin' sensitive for a guy who chops Cuban cigars like they were Marie Antoinette. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:27 PM 08-02-2010
:-) Yuppers.

There is a famous story from the CS days about a Lusitania being cut in half...I am sure it will surface here today. :-)
Most people here have moved on and won't go to this site (I only check it out every now and then, mainly for old references), but here is the thread in which I reviewed a Party Lusitania (which was probably a fake) and I cut it in half. Looking back on it I get a laugh every time.:-)

It has a bit of detail as to why not to cut a cigar in half.

I also think this is one of the threads that led me to the Admiral's banter threads. Thanks to Mark and Dokk for helping a noob out at the beginning of his journey.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 05:29 PM 08-02-2010
Most people here have moved on and won't go to this site (I only check it out every now and then, mainly for old references), but here is the thread in which I reviewed a Party Lusitania (which was probably a fake) and I cut it in half. Looking back on it I get a laugh every time.:-)

It has a bit of detail as to why not to cut a cigar in half.

I also think this is one of the threads that led me to the Admiral's banter threads. Thanks to Mark and Dokk for helping a noob out at the beginning of his journey.:-)
Sorry Andy, I had to kill that link. They don't allow the word "Asylum", so we don't allow links to their place. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:29 PM 08-02-2010
Originally Posted by WhoDeySchenk:
THIS coming from the guy who lights BOTH ends and a punch whole in the middle and "shotguns" the cigar.
~tisk tisk tisk~ :-) (I'll waive your flag for you Dan)

Dan lights both ends of a cigar, punches the middle and then smokes it like it was some sort of bong or dope smoking device and I get all the crap about cutting a Lusi in half?:-):-):-)

You can't take us Reds fans anywhere in public.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:30 PM 08-02-2010
Sorry Andy, I had to kill that link. They don't allow the word "Asylum", so we don't allow links to their place. :-)
Ok with me, Admiral!:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 05:32 PM 08-02-2010
Dan lights both ends of a cigar, punches the middle and then smokes it like it was some sort of bong or dope smoking device and I get all the crap about cutting a Lusi in half?:-):-):-)

You can't take us Reds fans anywhere in public.
Twins. Separated at birth. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:33 PM 08-02-2010

I can believe it.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:40 PM 08-02-2010

You can't take Dan anywhere in public.
:-) :-)
[Reply]
markem 06:41 PM 08-02-2010
during
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:15 PM 08-02-2010
I hate you all :-) :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:17 PM 08-02-2010
You can't hate your own twin, Dan!:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 07:51 PM 08-02-2010
Rumor has it that you are a communist. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:51 PM 08-02-2010
Consider the source :-) :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:53 PM 08-02-2010
Its not a rumor, and 80% of the Asylum agrees and 20% of the Asylum is Commie sympathizers :-)
[Reply]
jbo57 01:52 PM 08-03-2010
A man after my own heart. If I have cheaper cigars, and if they are a larger variety, I will cut them...and have caught my share of grief from my friends. (All good natured, of course). However, I don't cut premium cigars as the taste matures as the burn goes down. (With maybe one or two exceptions.) Oh, and for the unraveling. Never had one unravel on me...I just put it in my mouth and spin (please no jokes) :-) The saliva will hold it together.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up