Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 45 > Last »
General Discussion>I've been robbed!!!!!!!
Gophernut 10:07 AM 02-19-2012
That really blows. Sorry to hear about it. Hopefully you find the person responsible.
[Reply]
shilala 10:09 AM 02-19-2012
Ugh. Sorry, man. That's the kind of suck right there.
[Reply]
racerX 10:53 AM 02-19-2012
Thief will return to the scene of the crime. You may want to formulate a plan or amnesty route for Mr/Mrs.. Scumbag. Too many cigars to smoke. (he/she) still has them, and if they have a conscious they are starting to burn inside with guilt. I would make a poster with a drop box or instructions on how to return the stolen goods. Can't hurt and gives you something to do other than fry eggs on your forehead.

Sorry for your loss.
[Reply]
mase 11:44 AM 02-19-2012
This is horrible, Scott. Best of luck in finding out who did this.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:45 PM 02-19-2012
Originally Posted by PCR:
Hope insurance covers it.
Cuban cigars in the US = Unlikely to recover from insurance.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 02:17 PM 02-19-2012
Scott, sorry to hear about the loss of your cigars from the community smoking lounge. Hopefully, you will be able to put together some facts and locate the subject.

Question: Is this community smoking room one that is lockable? If so, who else may have a key(s) to this room? Who used the room between the last time you accessed the humidor and when you noticed the loss from your humidor?

Finally, I think I would simply keep my "inventory" at home from this point on. You can still use the community smoking room sans a humidor in it. Its a shame I know, but if you do not know others who may have access to this room, then you're simply taking a big chance (unless you enjoy playing Russian Roulette with your inventory):-)

[Reply]
EricF 02:22 PM 02-19-2012
That really sucks! I hope you find the guy and your cigars!
[Reply]
Ncpsycho 02:44 PM 02-19-2012
thats a sick hangout---this is bullsht ill come over from NY and help you tune whoever it was up.......
[Reply]
joeobx 03:04 PM 02-19-2012
That sucks BIG time.I would be willing to do bodily harm and so should some of the other guys that hang with you.Its a shame when some scumbag takes advantage of a good thing.
[Reply]
sevans105 04:27 PM 02-19-2012
Thanks for the support guys. Humidor is home, where it belongs. Lesson learned. Unfortunately, out looks like a ton of people went through there this last week. The building got rented to three different groups for parties. Gonna listen for rumors and keep an eye on craigslist.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 04:37 PM 02-19-2012
Sorry to hear about this Scott...really a shame. Just sucks that there are bad people out there that don't work hard enough for want they want in life and then instead take advantage of others good fortune...
[Reply]
hotreds 04:46 PM 02-19-2012
Were your smokes the only thing tha was stolen from this- "lounge" or whatever it is? I'm unclear about exactly what it was, who had access to it, etc. Could a party have thought the cigars were there for the taking as part of the rental of the hall? Seems to me that SOMEONE should be able to do a little detective work and discover at least to some degree what happened here. It sure is a sad state of affairs when people take what isn't theirs, but I feel that you could at least be able to narrow it down a bit. As everyone said, this sucks big time and hopefully you will be remunirated in some form for the loss. The person who rented the "lounge" should be held responsibe to some degree for not vetting those that used the space. It breaks my heart to read this, brother!
[Reply]
ysr_racer 07:44 PM 02-19-2012
You messed up, you trusted people. Don't make that mistake again.
[Reply]
sevans105 07:51 PM 02-19-2012
Originally Posted by ysr_racer:
You messed up, you trusted people. Don't make that mistake again.
LOL...Thanks Brad. I'll remember to be a bitter, angry, withered up prune of a man. Like you!
[Reply]
ysr_racer 07:52 PM 02-19-2012
Originally Posted by sevans105:
LOL...Thanks Brad. I'll remember to be a bitter, angry, withered up prune of a man. Like you!
All my cigars are doing just fine :-)
[Reply]
sevans105 07:57 PM 02-19-2012
ZING!....Touche my friend, touche.
[Reply]
neoflex 07:57 PM 02-19-2012
:-)
[Reply]
Remo 08:00 PM 02-19-2012
:-) Sorry Scott, that was funny :-)
[Reply]
ysr_racer 08:02 PM 02-19-2012
Trust me, I know we all want to feel that we can trust our fellow man.

Give it some time, that feeling will pass :-)
[Reply]
ysr_racer 08:05 PM 02-19-2012
curmudgeon
cur·mud·geon

1: miser

2: a crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man

3: a guy named ysr_racer
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 45 > Last »
Up