Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
Entertainment>Metal!!!
Godofgravity 04:16 PM 02-02-2009
Damn, so far no US stops on that tour. But the European dates end in spring so maybe a summer tour.
[Reply]
goalie204 04:29 PM 02-02-2009
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
Anybody pick up the new Amon Amarth album? It rocks!!!
Yes. It's F*%#ing amazing.
[Reply]
Nick 07:55 PM 02-02-2009
Lamb of god put out their best album when they were called Burn the Priest. Ever since then they are just decent. Ok gonna list some bands here take a breath.

Opeth, Amon Amarth, Between the Buried and Me, In Flames, Dark Tranquility, At the Gates, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, Blind Guardian, Demons and Wizards, Bolt Thrower, Wintersun, NightWish (old singer, new singer sucks), Light this City, Bury Your Dead, Burn the Priest, Mortal Treason, Ensiferum, Norther, Hammerfall, Iced Earth, Kamelot, Zao.

I know there's more just can't think of them right now.
[Reply]
goalie204 07:58 PM 02-02-2009
imo a lot of the bands you named are just terrible, and i totally disagree with your LOG statment. Just my opinion.
[Reply]
Nick 08:13 PM 02-02-2009
You are entitled to your opinion. I didn't say LOG is bad but I thought they were better when they were Burn the Preist.

I was trying to add some bands to the list that hadn't been mentioned as much. I know some of them had been mentioned but if any one is curious they can go have a listen. I wasn't looking for criticism, lord knows I get enough of that from my girl friend.
[Reply]
Godofgravity 08:25 PM 02-02-2009
Heh, well I'm gunna take the opposite opinion and say you're list rocks. One of the best shows I've been to had Opeth and Dark Tranquility in the line up (Devil Driver was there too, but they were better as Coal Chamber). Props for Ensefirum in the list too, consider them a little known band so it's always cool to see when people have heard of them.

I also feel you pain about girlfriend criticism, mine likes country:-)
[Reply]
Nick 08:46 PM 02-02-2009
I grew up on country and bluegrass and still listen to it quite a bit. I only listen to old stuff though like Hank2, Merle, George Jones, Waylon and Willy, John Anderson, Chris Ledoux, etc.

If you like ensiferum you might like Norther and Wintersun.
[Reply]
goalie204 08:55 PM 02-02-2009
sorry i didn't mean to come off as a d-bag, like i said it was just my opinion, and we're all certainly entitled to them. I'm sure a lot of the bands i like you would hate too, no hard feelings man
[Reply]
Nick 09:04 PM 02-02-2009
I knew you weren't trying to insult me. What's great about things like music and tobacco is that you love what you love and don't care what anyone else thinks.
[Reply]
goalie204 05:44 AM 02-03-2009
Exactly, you like mortal treason, i don't because their christian metal and talk about christ

to each their own right
[Reply]
floydpink 07:30 AM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by croatan:
Guys, I've removed the download link. Looks like copyright infringement to me. And we can't have links to illegally download content on here.

Speaking of metal, Lars Ulrich from Metallica will get seriously pissed off if he knows you guys are downloading music illegally.:-)
[Reply]
Godofgravity 08:07 AM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
Speaking of metal, Lars Ulrich from Metallica will get seriously pissed off if he knows you guys are downloading music illegally.:-)
Nah it's cool, he's only a pissy little ***** when it's his music being stolen lol
[Reply]
goalie204 08:10 AM 02-03-2009
pm me if you want the lamb of god album link
[Reply]
Kreth 08:23 AM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by goalie204:
pm me if you want the lamb of god album link
Yeah, why buy it and support the bands you like? :-)
[Reply]
Killjoy 08:43 AM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by Nick:
Lamb of god put out their best album when they were called Burn the Priest. Ever since then they are just decent. Ok gonna list some bands here take a breath.

Opeth, Amon Amarth, Between the Buried and Me, In Flames, Dark Tranquility, At the Gates, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, Blind Guardian, Demons and Wizards, Bolt Thrower, Wintersun, NightWish (old singer, new singer sucks), Light this City, Bury Your Dead, Burn the Priest, Mortal Treason, Ensiferum, Norther, Hammerfall, Iced Earth, Kamelot, Zao.

I know there's more just can't think of them right now.
Opeth (Blackwater park is one of my faves!!!)
In Flames (way commercial for the genre..but stellar)
Dark Tranquility (phenomenal)
Children of Bodom (why have a keyboardist playing rythym guitar parts?..overrated)
Blind Guardian (Maiden much???Jebus!!!)
Demons and Wizards (Blind Guardian much?)
Bolt Thrower (underrated, but i dont like them)
Wintersun (who?)
Nightwish (just not my thing)
Light this city (heard of them..but have not heard them)
Burn the Priest (awesome..but not New American Gospel awesome)
Bury your dead (great stuff in that Hatebreed vein)
Mortal Treason (who?)
Ensiferum (who?)
Norther (who?)
Hammerfall (might as well show up wearing manowar t-shirts to every show)
Iced earth (horrorshow is great..but only when I cant find my copy of Peice of Mind)
Kamelot (I heard they would not let you into thier shows without a pocket full of d20's)
Zao (the best band no one has heard of...period...)

I would also like to say everyone should check out God Forbid too. The Haunted are one of my favourite bands as well.
[Reply]
goalie204 08:46 AM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Yeah, why buy it and support the bands you like? :-)
Who said i wasn't going to buy it? Guess what, i can't buy it till Feb 24th when it's released.
[Reply]
goalie204 08:48 AM 02-03-2009
Some of the bands i like, and this is only a taste:

All that remains, Amon Amarth, Caliban, Bodom, Devildriver, Kalmah, Killswitch engage, Parkway drive. I have a lot at home, i'm at work atm tho.
[Reply]
Nick 08:53 AM 02-03-2009
If you have never heard of Wintersun, Ensiferum, or Norther I suggest you find them and have a listen.

Goalie: I like Mortal Treason because they are a really talented band not because they are christian. Some bands I left off the list were Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, and At the Throne of Judgement.
[Reply]
Godofgravity 09:03 AM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by Killjoy:
Children of Bodom (why have a keyboardist playing rythym guitar parts?..overrated)
So they can do the best damn cover of 'The Final Countdown' ever of course :-)
[Reply]
silentjon 10:03 AM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by Nick:
If you have never heard of Wintersun, Ensiferum, or Norther I suggest you find them and have a listen.
These are great bands. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
Up